• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pakistan gives warning against further raids

Phil1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2009
Minot N.D.
Pakistan gives warning against further raids
Foreign minister says any country seeking future raids such as the one on bin Laden will face "disastrous consequences".
Last Modified: 05 May 2011 11:50
Pakistan has warned the US and other countries against future raids on suspected fighters, saying they will face consequences from the military.

Salman Bashir, Pakistan's foreign minister, said "there shall no be any doubt that any repetition of such an act will have disastrous consequences", referring to the raid on Monday that killed Osama bin Laden, the head of al-Qaeda.

"We feel that that sort of misadventure or miscalculation would result in a terrible catastrophe," he said on Thursday in Islamabad, the Pakistani capital.

"There should be no doubt Pakistan has adequate capacity to ensure its own defence."

The US commando raid was conducted without the knowledge of the government, it has said, leading to anger over the violation of the country's sovereignty.

The foreign ministry said the raid was an "unauthorised unilateral action".

However, the CIA said it kept Pakistan out of the loop because it feared bin Laden would be tipped off, highlighting the depth of mistrust between the two supposed allies.

Hillary Clinton, the US secretary of state, said it would stand by Pakistan despite the strain put on the relationship bythe discovery of bin Laden so close to the Pakistani capital.

"It is not always an easy relationship, you know that," she said in Rome, the Italian capital, on Thursday.

"But, on the other hand, it is a productive one for both our countries and we are going to continue to cooperate between our governments, our militaries, our law-enforcement agencies, but most importantly between the American and Pakistani people."

She also said the US and its allies must continue working with Pakistan to fight al-Qaeda in that country and Afghanistan.

US special forces launched the Monday morning raid without the knowledge of Pakistan officials, with helicopter-borne soldiers attacking a compound in Abbottabad, north of Islamabad.

Four other people were also killed in the raid.

Pakistan has been under international pressure to explain why the al-Qaeda chief was able to hide in a compound in a hill town near its capital.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/05/201155103438255769.html

Re: Pakistan gives warning against further raids

This should solidify the fact that Pakistan was complicit with hiding bin laden.

Josh

Ask yourself if it is a reasonable assumption that Bush knew where OBL was the last year or two and chose not do the same because he and his crew had a better handle on the relationship of the double dealing Pakis to: Iran, the ME as whole, the greatly reduced importance of OBL due to the structural changes in AQ; and most importantly a more clear vision of what constituted winning.

Ask yourself why Bush2 doesn't want to celebrate this 'victory' with Barry? Ask yourself why he and his crew are largely silent on the matter?

In time I believe this will expose yet another layer of Barry and his band's general lack of understanding of where the bear sh*ts in the woods.

Good luck

they give the U.S. a warning, how about they dont allow the NUMBER 1 terrorist to live right under the damn nose. The U.S. should be warning Pakistan that if we find that they are harboring any more terrorists that we will not only hunt the terrorists but their sorry asses as well.

If we really wanted to go down town where ever, the only thing stopping us, is a plan.
You can have perfect planning and shitty execution and may still pull it off. If the plan is FUBAR'ed from the get go even the best guys will fail, if you can get them to go along with it.

Bottom line,... no one is safe anywhere, if certain Country's want them bad enough.

I am pretty sure that the 2 billion in aid we give those guys can be considered the price of admission for a 1 hour operation. The fact that they make that treat to us is a joke. I say stop paying these assholes and carry on.

The Frontline on Tuesday had interview with OBL's henchmen and they say that Pakistan is the only place they are safe. Wonder why.

In the process of keeping politics out of this, I'll only say that Allies align themselves with those whom are Right, and on the same goal.

Those whom have other directions/goals/intents are NOT allies, and should be treated as such.

Carpet-bomb the enemy back to the "pre" stone-age.

They're already living in the stone-age, so just punt them back a bit more.

What are they going to do- stop taking our money?
They didn't know when helicopters flew in to grab the highest value target in the world, next to their military academy, so unless we tell them how would they know if we did it again.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send him a 2000 pounder.</div></div>
Just posturing. Had to say something as happened in back yard. We may want to tread lightly. The SOB has nukes to send back.

Ignore. Got the job done now hope time heals. Possibly the US should do something to build Pakistan relationships.

Our leader is visiting ground zero today working to get more votes cashing in on as much as can. Biden is at the Pentagon. Both are having 'put it behind us' ceremonies today.

Screw 'em, I say we surgically remove their nukes and tell India to have fun. Oh yeah, and not give them another dime would help too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Send him a 2000 pounder.</div></div>
Just posturing. Had to say something as happened in back yard. We may want to tread lightly. The SOB has nukes to send back.

Ignore. Got the job done now hope time heals. Possibly the US should do something to build Pakistan relationships.

Our leader is visiting ground zero today working to get more votes cashing in on as much as can. Biden is at the Pentagon. Both are having 'put it behind us' ceremonies today.
</div></div>

They have nukes, but I highly doubt they have the capabilities to send one over here. And even if they did, they would be would be incredibly stupid to do so.

With that said though, you should never underestimate the enemy.

Fuck Pakistan.... They can say what they want, but in the end if they want to harbor people that hate us, we will come in and take them, and there isn't shit that they can REALLY do about it other than run their man pleasers.....

Problems are opportunities to build relationships. Seems time to communicate more than we have with Pakistan. Time can also heal when trying to communicate with someone who doesn't want to talk right now.

oooo... they sound upset over losing one of their most upstanding citizens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Pakistan.... They can say what they want, but in the end if they want to harbor people that hate us, we will come in and take them, and there isn't shit that they can REALLY do about it other than run their man pleasers..... </div></div>

What he said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure that the 2 billion in aid we give those guys can be considered the price of admission for a 1 hour operation. The fact that they make that treat to us is a joke. I say stop paying these assholes and carry on.

The Frontline on Tuesday had interview with OBL's henchmen and they say that Pakistan is the only place they are safe. Wonder why.</div></div>

+1

Wow...just wow. The united states #1 most wanted criminal was killed and Pakistan would threaten us... That's ridiculous.

Pakistan has a bigger mouth and writes too many checks they can't cash. A simple smack in teh face(as we just did) lets them know:
WE are the damn USA you little shit. We do WTF needs to be done, REGARDLESS of what you say or threaten. You want to hide terrorrists? Then live with the consequences...Bitch!

The ONLY reason and I state ONLY reason we give ANY money to that shithole country, is to try to keep them from selling nukes to Iran or some other fucked up middle eastern country that hates us. Its a yearly bribe. We arent gonna quit paying them, and they arent gonna quit being a bunch of little bitches that try to cut our throat at every turn.

They arent pissed that we went in their without them knowing, they are pissed that the world over now knows they were harboring him, WILLINGLY!

Its funny that Pakistan and the West are considered "allies", when it is obvious that PK are hiding terrorist scumbags, without taking them out. If PK really tried to their best ability to hunt down the terrorists, then the "threats" would have been legitimate. But they don't, so they are just making themselves look funny IMHO. I read an article written by a commie who seriously meant that since the US are conducting operations in Pakistan without alerting the PK government, PK should be allowed to take out targets they view as legitimate in the US! Can you believe this...I mean, if the US were carrying out raids in the UK without the UK government approval, THEN I agree that the UK could do the same in the US...But there is a big difference between the UK-US and the US-PK relationship...
It seems like some people seriously think that Pakistan is a VERY good ally and support player for the US and the West, but..think again. They have proved otherwise countless times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck Pakistan.... They can say what they want, but in the end if they want to harbor people that hate us, we will come in and take them, and there isn't shit that they can REALLY do about it other than run their man pleasers..... </div></div>

yup.

I guess the new HMFIC over there missed the "with us or against us" part of the GWOT.....

I'll bet cadet officers from the military academy down the way brought OBL lunch.

May 5, 2011
Pakistan Pays U.S. Lobbyists to Deny It Helped Bin Laden
By REUTERS

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Pakistan's Washington lobbyists have launched an intense campaign on Capitol Hill to counter accusations that Islamabad was complicit in giving refuge to Osama bin Laden.

Alarmed by lawmakers' demands to cut off billions of dollars of U.S. aid after bin Laden was found living in a Pakistani safe house for six years, President Asif Ali Zardari has ordered a full-court press to quell mounting accusations that it helped the al Qaeda leader avoid capture.

Mark Siegel, a partner in the Washington lobbying firm of Locke Lord Strategies -- which is paid $75,000 a month by the Pakistani government -- told Reuters on Thursday he had spoken twice to Zardari since U.S. special forces killed bin Laden on Sunday, and "countless" times to the Pakistani ambassador in Washington.

"They are certainly concerned," Siegel said, adding that suggestions the Pakistani government knew about bin Laden's whereabouts was nothing more than speculation.

Referring to a statement by President Barack Obama's counterterrorism adviser, John Brennan, that there must have been a support system for bin Laden inside Pakistan, Siegel said: "There is no proof that a support system was government-based."

There is much at stake for Pakistan as many lawmakers question how bin Laden could have lived in a large fortified compound close to a Pakistani military base for so long.

Some members of Congress are now demanding that nearly $3 billion in annual aid for Pakistan, included in Obama's 2012 budget, be blocked until the Zardari administration explains how bin Laden lived untouched just 30 miles outside Islamabad, the Pakistani capital. Pakistan has received over $20 billion in U.S. aid since the September 11, 2001, attacks.

Patrick Leahy, the Democratic chairman of the Senate subcommittee that allocates foreign aid, said on Thursday he wants a complete review of U.S. aid to Pakistan.

Leahy said he was certain that some Pakistani military and intelligence officials knew that bin Laden was hiding so close to Islamabad.

"It's impossible for them not to have some idea he was there," Leahy told Vermont Public Radio.

But Siegel, referring to claims by the Afghan government that Pakistan must have known bin Laden's whereabouts, said: "Must have known doesn't mean knew."

Siegel's firm was retained by the Zardari government in 2008 and has earned nearly $2 million in fees since then, according to Justice Department records. Siegel said his firm is paid $900,000 a year by Pakistan.

Since bin Laden's death, Siegel says he has been on Capitol Hill every day to promote Pakistan's position on the bin Laden killing, talking to congressmen, senators and their aides.
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/05/0...ref=global-home

The phone call to Pakistan:

Eh Hmmm,
Hello Pakistan, this is the US. Remember we are the biggest, baddest nation on the planet. When we make war upon Islamic Terrorrists, we find them wherever they are and make sure they either die, or go to prison when we catch them.
Remember Pakistan, this little operation didn't cause any blood loss to a Pakistani individual. Since you do not want US to do this anymore, we will proceed a little more to your liking.
The next time we find you hiding a wanted terrorrist, we will simply let you know where they are by dropping our largest 10,000 pound bomb we can make on them. When you get done cleaning up the mess and find you have lost, oh, maybe 25 or so of your people, maybe next time you will remember to, now how's that go, oh yeah,"Shut the F**K UP, and let US do our job...Bitch!
If you don't like US doing what needs to be done, well, maybe we can do you all a favor, well India a favor, and just blow you to hell so you can't say jack or s**t about what we, the US does. Consider this a warning from a 'Big Brother' with a big stick and a bad attitude. We don't like our people getting killed then finding out little prison bitches like you are hiding them. Since you still don't seem to understand what we the US is saying, well, next time we will just kick your ass too...

It may feel good to just tell Pakistan to Suck it, but at some time in the foreseeable future China will have the option to pick up the "be my friend" installment plan.... Or they can just "lose" a warhead to some of their guests NOT living in their country. Tough call.

Maybe they should be thankful we didn't obliterate the compound OBL was hiding out in, and "accidentally" get a few other parts of their armpit of a country as well. Shit, destruction would probably be an improvement over there.

Best thing Pakistan can do is not poke the f'in dog...we are on a high right now from taking out Jackass #1, it ain't nothin but a flick of the switch to come over there and flush out some more bastards.

Give us a warning.....stupidity must be in the water over there.

Kelly

I didn't vote for our current president but I may next time if he had the balls to go on TV..walk up to the mic...stick out his arm and raise his middle finger and say F**K you PK and the camel you rode in on. Then simply turn and walk away.
These ass clowns have the nerve to threaten us??? I would tell them to piss off on national TV and to bring it on.
Our world is going crazy and the political BS is out of control.
I have a feeling we will never ever see any real peace as long as humans inhabit this planet. It's very sad. I worry about what kind of world our kids will have to live in or theirs for that matter. Will there even be a U.S.A in 20 years? There are some very very bad men out there..we know who they are but they are protected. Why? For what? Who decides when is the right time to take shit birds out? How could we ever have world peace when we pay a country BILLIONS of dollars that turns around and protects a monster.
What's next? I have an idea and it's not going to be pretty.
I hope someday we will live in peace world wide and we all help each other out.
I feel the only way we as "earthlings" could EVER actually all unite is if an alien force decided to wage war on us. Then we would stand together. Sounds crazy but that's the cold hard truth.
Till then, train hard for what could be knocking at your door tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't vote for our current president but I may next time if he had the balls to go on TV..walk up to the mic...stick out his arm and raise his middle finger and say F**K you PK and the camel you rode in on. Then simply turn and walk away.</div></div>

lol, I would have to give him some credit if he did that.

Best thing I heard onthis all day was Ollie North. Paraphrased"

" this was purely for political gain. If Ronald Reagan or any President in WW2 had done a black op, there would have been no press release, just a polite "no comment". All the facts would have been kept secret, no what if's would be asked, the thing would surface years later, when the facts mean so much less."

Not even now, twenty odd years later, are all the facts of the cold war known. And that is OK with Mikee.

The US should not send any funds to Pakistan.

If you ask me, India and the US should team up and clean out Pakistan of the filth that live within.

The warning is obviously just posturing like has been said. BUT, them obviously having someone fairly high up harboring him after being a sort of ally in this whole ordeal, is like finding out one of your groomsmen has been banging your wife behind your back for 5 or 6 years.

The same rule applies, kick the f**k out of him. But unfortunately if we attack anywhere else in that area paired with all the other countries we have serious tension with, it will very obviously be USA vs. entire middle east which is dangerously close to another WW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The same rule applies, kick the f**k out of him. But unfortunately if we attack anywhere else in that area paired with all the other countries we have serious tension with, it will very obviously be USA vs. entire middle east which is dangerously close to another WW.</div></div>

I think you are giving the Middle East too much credit. The only reason they don't cower down like a whipped dog is because they don't think there will ever be a time we REALLY mean business. If that time ever comes where we have had enough.....God help them. No amount of oil, idle threats, or enemies we might have over there will detour us from stomping their ass in the ground.

We have an ally....if you want to call Israel an ally.....that the rest of the Mid-East don't want none of. We could announce on the 6 o'clock news we were gonna run up in there and commandeer the entire region and they wouldn't do shit about it. Why is that you ask? How much food can you grow in the f'in desert? People say turning the place into glass is wrong, in-human, uncalled for....I say quit supplying that part of the world with the food we grow here and let em starve. Last time I checked, it was damn near impossible to grow corn, tomatoes, or wheat over there. I'm sure they'd give us whatever we wanted if they were hungry enough.

...And that be that

Kelly

We're not going to do anything... Cause we're too "scared" of actions against a Nuclear armed country.

We're too "Politically Correct" of a country to do what actually needs to be done.

We might enact some obscure sanctions or some shit, that won't really affect anything... but it'll "just look better"!

But I bet we do nothing at all, and just say that "We have no concrete evidence, that they knew bin laden was ever there."

Thats my opinion
smile.gif

No comment. I think Mike covered all my points quite adequately.

This is internal rhetoric for a domestic audience. Do not be under the illusion that Pakistan didn't know about the raid. They did know at the highest level and you might not admit to it but the truth is they also actively participated in helping the raid succeed. There are good and bad forces in Pakistan and as much as we'd like the leadership there to smash those dark elements the truth is they aren't in a strong enough position to do so.

The US authorities aren't stupid, they would not be pumping $bn's into Parkistan for no reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The US authorities aren't stupid, they would not be pumping $bn's into Parkistan for no reason. </div></div>

Yeah, they are stupid.

LOL. I know you lot are patriotic to the core so I didn't want to offend anyone.

George W Bush:

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks." —in 1988

The root of this Jihad is the core of Islamic thinking. It is why I do not feel comfortable having them in MY country. Everything the Jihad does is 'The Will of Allah', but if one of US does something to them, then it is right for a calim for the harm done. This core lack of belief and hypocracy si what drives ISlamics to do what they do. The belief that Insurance is gambling, Sharia Law, and the fact that they will celebrate in their houses when a Jihadist strikes gives me rise to say, "get out. go, go back to where your type of bullshit is ok" After seeing what those people do to one another I am sick to my core and have no love at all for them. YOU think you kow that lady who cuts your hair, or the man who sells you carpet? Well guess what, when YOU get bad juju, it is the 'Will of Allah', Allahu Akbar, but when it is them, well, they are asking for reparations.

Here's not one, but two middle fingers for all of them. A great big American 'FUCK YOU' from a tatted, t-shirt, jeans and boots, leather jacketed American.
We are home to the original rebel. A mindset that exudes freedom, self determination, the desire to succeed on one's own terms and merits, and the will to conquor any odds for God, Family, and the good ol USA. We are country as they come, like it or not, and even the city dwelling suit rat knows what this is because somewhere back in his family is a guy just like the rest of US, a guy who knows what it is to be the grunt rebel.
You disagree? CHeck your history bucko, there is a reason one of our first commonly used flags was a rattler with the words,"DON'T TREAD ON ME" underneath it.
Nuff said...I'm gonna go play X-Box 360 Forza Motorsport III and kick everyone's ass with a 1960 Guilla GTA, then do a little adjusting on my Sporty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There are good and bad forces in Pakistan and as much as we'd like the leadership there to smash those dark elements the truth is they aren't in a strong enough position to do so.

The US authorities aren't stupid, they would not be pumping $bn's into Parkistan for no reason. </div></div>

I would change your second paragraph to state. The US must hold it's nose when dealing with Pakistan when it sends $billions.Then completely agree with you.

Here is an informative read from the operators who conducted the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden.

"Executive Summary
Most American and Pakistani political and military leaders agree that without a credible U.S.-Pakistan partnership, victory against Taliban and Al Qaeda is impossible. For such a partnership, shared goals must be matched by shared threats, and perceptions must follow demonstrable action. Washington and Islamabad agree that Al Qaeda must be defeated. Pakistan’s national security calculus—based on India’s influence in Afghanistan—however, treats Afghan Taliban as leverage and Pakistani Taliban as enemies of the state. Consequently, Afghan Taliban are provided asylum in Pakistan while they wreak havoc in Afghanistan, and Pakistani Taliban are attacked. While Pakistan has countered and fomented numerous insurgencies, this is the first time that it has done both to achieve its national security goals. This dual policy and disconnect between American and Pakistani threat perceptions is at the heart of Pakistan’s security paradox. Pakistan continues to indirectly counter (COIN) and foment (FOIN) insurgency in Afghanistan. Without acknowledging, explicating, and eventually changing this paradox, Afghanistan and Pakistan will continue to descent into chaos."

This is from a declassified report entitled
"Pakistan’s Security Paradox: Countering and Fomenting Insurgencies" by Haider A. H. Mullick Its published by
"The Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) provides its publications to contribute toward expanding the body of knowledge about joint special operations. JSOU publications advance the insights and recommendations of national security professionals and the Special Operations Forces (SOF) students and leaders for consideration by the SOF community and defense leadership."

It is just over 80 pages so download if you want to understand this complex issue.
https://jsou.socom.mil/JSOU%20Publications/JSOU09-9mullickPakistan_final.pdf

I have to hand it to US diplomats and CIA operators in Pakistan that have to deal with these convoluted, complex issues in a dangerous country. Plain speaking, honest dealing, integrity, all absent from this AO.

In the meantime its business as usual and <span style="font-weight: bold">business is good</span>!

http://www.dawn.com/2011/05/06/eight-killed-four-injured-in-north-waziristan-drone-attack.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty sure that the 2 billion in aid we give those guys can be considered the price of admission for a 1 hour operation. The fact that they make that treat to us is a joke. I say stop paying these assholes and carry on.

The Frontline on Tuesday had interview with OBL's henchmen and they say that Pakistan is the only place they are safe. Wonder why. </div></div>

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

The Frontline on Tuesday had interview with OBL's henchmen and they say that Pakistan is the only place they are safe. Wonder why. </div></div>

AMEN!! pakistan talks a big game, only because they are packing the "big bomb". they are no friend of the US by any means.

I personally am not worried about pakistan. I don't think many are.

Did someone say Fuck the pakistani army...OK. I will do my part and take care of this one...the rest are up to ya'll

Are you kidding me?

But they obviously are not afraid to unass the bed of a truck.

Here is a little tid bit. The pakistani army has killed more pakistanis than cancer. No wonder we keep sending them money and f16's.

Pardon my French but Pakistan can blow me. There playing both sides any way
Just my thoughts

If they truly understood the welfare system somebody would have tried to claim it before the raid.

It's only been what?
Damn near ten years, and a 25 mill bounty?

I could get some cool shit and retire with that.

Buy a house in a cave and a herd of goats.