• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Palm Tungsten E

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
Guys i run exbal on this palm, works good

However everytime the palm discharges completely i have to reinstall exbal

Is there a palm device that will not dump programs when it completely discharges???

Re: Palm Tungsten E

Karl: bear in mind that there is a version of Exbal which runs on Pocket P.C.s as well. I run both Field Firing Solutions and Exbal on an HP iPaq 111 running the Windows Mobile 6 OS.

If all you're going to do is run ballistics on the Palm, then a used or refurbished Palm is the cheapest way to go. But if you use the PDA as your primary organizer as I do, ActiveSynced to a Windows computer, the Pocket P.C. is more versatile. And I say that as a person who still has a running Palm 500, and I've been running Palm Pilots since 1997.

I have the same propblem with mine. The key is not letting the battery go completely dead. Works fine if you get it onto the charger after every range trip....

JeffVN

If you have an older Palm with volatile memory, and don't want to upgrade to a newer model with non-volatile memory, check out this program:

http://www.jkware.com/CardBackup.php

It will allow you to periodically do a backup of everthing in program and data storage to an SD card, which you can restore from if your battery goes dead.