• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Palma/Prone Stock Choices

kirk4243

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2021
Boonville N.C.
Good evening gents. I’m trying to locate a stock maker that is making Palma/Prone stocks. I talked to Alex at Masterclass and he isn’t currently making any stocks.

What are you looking for? Composite or wood? Do you know the stock profile you want and what action you’ll use?

Trend the last few years was to tube guns. McMillan sold. Robertson retired. The last few I had made Bernowky cut from blanks Alex picked and finished. Cerus can probably duplicate anything you’d want in the fanciest if fancy laminate. Steve McGee may also still be making stocks.

I checked with Steve McGee as well he has retired. I’ve held/shot the masterclass high power prone stock. I’ve also held/shot a tube gun while it was adjusted to fit me there was just something about it that wasn’t 100% comfortable. Pierce f-tr action, medium Palma barrel in 7mm( this is going to be any/iron or any/any). I’ve had the action and barrel for a while now and I’m ready to do something with it. With that action the tube gun is out though.

I checked with Steve McGee as well he has retired. I’ve held/shot the masterclass high power prone stock. I’ve also held/shot a tube gun while it was adjusted to fit me there was just something about it that wasn’t 100% comfortable. Pierce f-tr action, medium Palma barrel in 7mm( this is going to be any/iron or any/any). I’ve had the action and barrel for a while now and I’m ready to do something with it. With that action the tube gun is out though.
Get hold of Doan Trevor . He is still building fine prone stocks. Are you R or L handed? I'll look through my stuff to see whats around
Alan

So REM 700 action. Not familiar with the F TR, Long or short? I’ll put the word out.

I have three Masterclass Prones, two in synthetic and one in AA++ Claro and these fuckers will go to my Grandkids. Don’t overlook the Robertson Original or the H&H. Both excellent. I actually prefer the Robertson Original but I can’t have the grip made in wood as it’s too thin so my one is likely my last unless I find someone to make one from birds eye and glue a metal rod in.

You may be stuck with buying used if Alex has hung it up. Have you hit up Cigarcop on Accurateshooter? He does (did?) a lot of high end builds and will likely be more up to date than I am.

It’s a little bit of an odd ball like a medium length action. Also has a longer tenon. I’m left handed so that throws another twist into it. I’m not opposed to the used route if something becomes available I can make it work. It’s definitely going to be a shooter but a head turner would be nice as well!!

I didn’t notice Alan replied. He’s forgotten more about this stuff than I’ll ever know.

Pretty sure I have a Trevor stock for a Panda from the Sr. Palma team, Spike Forsyth sold me years ago. Sitting, waiting for a project. Unfortunately, I want an Original pattern for a Barnard. Caveat: Hopefully my Son In Law gets station at FTCKY, as I have agreed to gift (bribe) him a full Barnard Tube gun if he comes back to TN. Then I won’t need a stock as I too can’t get comfy behind a tubegun.

OK, here is what I have
2 Warner prone left fiber glass made by Robertson off of reworked blanks supplied by me to Robertson for molds. pic of same is on the bottom of the 6mmbr.com web page. The one depicted has a reworked cheek piece. https://www.accurateshooter.com/ I did the original bedding for a customer (who still uses this rifle) . Dixon made the current cheek piece on it and did the blue paint.

There is one laminated left blank from Paul Reiblin
I though there where a couple Gamboa left walnut banks but alas, only a rt.
HTH
Alan

Reactions: FatBoy
OK, here is what I have
2 Warner prone left fiber glass made by Robertson off of reworked blanks supplied by me to Robertson for molds. pic of same is on the bottom of the 6mmbr.com web page. The one depicted has a reworked cheek piece. https://www.accurateshooter.com/ I did the original bedding for a customer (who still uses this rifle) . Dixon made the current cheek piece on it and did the blue paint.

There is one laminated left blank from Paul Reiblin
I though there where a couple Gamboa left walnut banks but alas, only a rt.
HTH
Alan
Alan I’m going to message you later when I get a min to type. Thanks!

Reactions: Alan Warner
Carl has since also retired. The gentleman who is "taking over" our stock business is Darrel Landolt; he lives in Illinois and has all of our patterns, prone, NMC - right and left handed. He is an accomplished wood craftsman and will be using our cheek, butt, and rail hardware, and I'm confident his stocks will be just as good as ours. His e-mail address is [email protected], and his home phone is (618) 654 1589 and cell is (618) 581 7188.

We will also be retiring from our bullet, brass, & powder business (mcgeestocks.com), as soon as our replacement has completed the paperwork.

Steve McGee

Carl has since also retired. The gentleman who is "taking over" our stock business is Darrel Landolt; he lives in Illinois and has all of our patterns, prone, NMC - right and left handed. He is an accomplished wood craftsman and will be using our cheek, butt, and rail hardware, and I'm confident his stocks will be just as good as ours. His e-mail address is [email protected], and his home phone is (618) 654 1589 and cell is (618) 581 7188.

We will also be retiring from our bullet, brass, & powder business (mcgeestocks.com), as soon as our replacement has completed the paperwork.

Steve McGee

I’m glad to see you are handing it over as opposed to just shutting it down, but it’s a little sad as you and the Mrs. have been a staple in Highpower since I started pre-GWOT.

Thanks for the kind words, Terry! The best thing about my 45 years of shooting competitively is all the great folks that we have gotten to know! Highpower shooters are some of the best people on the planet!
Steve

Reactions: FatBoy and bpd459
Competition Machine (Gary Eliseo) makes a great turn-key stock for many actions.
Many of the US Nation team / Veteran Team folks use them.

I also know a Palma shooter that works at EGW that make a Barnard P stock that looks like a Tubb 2000 stock. Send me a PM if you want this contact.