• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Palmetto State Armory , anybody shooting one?

JJones75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
southern , LA
I traded one for a gen 2 Glock 21 and a few mag , the rifle looks feels and smells new , the guy said he shot less that a box of shells through it.
Anyway I put a trusted old Leupod scope on it to go shoot some and this thing shoots into an inch with every ammo I tried!!!
I'm impressed as hell , it ran fine and has a 1-7 twist barrel.
I was considering selling off the upper to fund a new build but I'm reconsidering now

I got basically a build kit on a tm lower. Shoots great!
eny2emat.jpg

It's the one on the bottom. Have a KAC rear flip up and aimpoint pro.

I have a complete psa middy I built for my sonw, and a stainless middy upper for my bride. Both are fantastic quality and shoot fantastically.

Affitional info. PSA uses FN barrel blanks for their CL barrela and wilson for thoer stainless. They use the right components for a quality rifle.

I built an M16A4 clone with a PSA barreled upper/BCG/Lower/LPK. Great rifle. I have no qualms about PSA products.

PSA is a great value , buy the higher end of their products. It is still cheaper then other makers but of the same spec.

Like others i have a PSA upper and my dad has one as well. (i have the FSB one, dad has the free floated MI rail one) and both shoot very nicely. MOA all day with minimal load work up using 55fmj-bt bulk bullets and surplus powder (wc844). For the price i have been extremely happy! I also have one of their earlier BCG's (before the P-TAC) that were around 90 bucks and it has worked flawlessly too.

I have the PSA Mid Premium Patrol Rifle with the AimPoint PRO from them. It has several hundred rounds through it now and no complaints. Excellent quality considering price paid vs product received.

I was going to ask if anyone has experience with these and if they're any good because they are pretty inexpensive. Looks like people like them. I'll probably go the PSA route now to save a few bucks since I just want an ar for plinking, etc. nothing too serious.

I was going to ask if anyone has experience with these and if they're any good because they are pretty inexpensive. Looks like people like them. I'll probably go the PSA route now to save a few bucks since I just want an ar for plinking, etc. nothing too serious.

I've got one with 3k-3500 rounds through it with only field strip level cleaning since birth and it runs well. Those rounds are not "get the barrel red hot" type of use but I have shot it in more than one defensive carbine course. I've run the upper on a friends FA lower and it ran FA without issue.

EDIT: Mine is a middy gas premium build.

Mine is so new that I haven't had a chance to fire it. Purchased pieces/parts when they were on sale at PSA around Black Friday. Everything fits well and didn't run across any issues building it. Just don't be in a rush as shipping is slow.

I hope you have better luck with service than I did. Ordered a rifle before Christmas & tried calling them 10+ times a day, phones were almost always busy & when I got thru all the voice mails were full or I'd hold for 30+ minutes only to be disconnected. They never returned e-mails. I really thought they went out of business but finally got a real person monday who had no idea when I'd get it. Now I'm waiting on my refund. Never again for me. Glad you guys have better luck!

I have done a bunch of business with PSA recently and I think their product is the best bang for the buck. I have a couple of their premium uppers and some of their PTAC uppers I have used for budget builds. All the uppers and lowers I've received have been flawless even though some were supposedly "blemished". I did have to deal with customer service once because they shipped my Lowers with parts kits without the parts kits. Called, had someone on the phone in a couple minutes and had my parts kits in 3 days. I don't think I've waited more than 2-3 weeks for anything I've ordered from them as well as I like that they don't sell what they don't have ready to go within a week or so. Much better than the companies that are selling uppers that you have to wait 6-10 months for them to assemble for the same or more $.

PSA is good to go. I like what they have on sale because it's different every few days.

Putting my spikes lower together in the morning and then going to order a PSA upper for a budget build back up.

Is it just me, or does anyone else notice the quick change in camera angle just before every firing? Run the gun over, then walk over, pick it up and shoot it without changing the camera view, then I'm sold. I know they sell good shit, but the competitive market requires them to feed us this hype. It's got it all, hot gun chick, cool "operator" looking dudes, swashbuckling adventure music, and explosion at the end. Go forth and consume, my son....

If PSA is helping to sponsor this site, then subtract the sarcastic tone from the above paragraph.

PSA makes some great products. They just released a teaser on their facebook page yesterday of a .308 lower. I'm dying to pick one up. I think it will come in as a sub $1k ar10