• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Palmetto State Armory PA10

Mumbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2008
Pittsburgh Area
Anyone have any info on this rifle, or Palmetto State's plans?

Release dates?

Parts compatibility?

Slanted (SR-25 type) or Rounded (DPMS type) upper receiver?

Plans to sell stripped uppers, lowers, or complete upper assemblies?

From the photo I see that it uses an SR-25 pattern magazine (which I would hope is pretty much a given in these modern times). I can't tell on the receiver pattern.

1528593_10151844973337097_1533859101_n.jpg

They are going to be DPMS/LR-308 pattern (not slant-back/Armalite/KAC) which means mag/parts compatibility along those same lines. No word on pricing, availability, etc. at this point as it was just ~2wks ago that the mysterious beastie appeared on their FB page and at SHOT, and like most companies...that means it could be days or it could be the first glimpse at a pre-production sample with expected in the next 5 years. The word from PSA was that the release "is not imminent" whatever the hell they mean by that (loosely translated to...we have no @#$%ing idea, but it ain't gonna be anytime soon). ;)

I was in their storefront today.
Pretty crowded and never talked to anyone about them but, looked over the racks really good and didn't see a .308 semi at all.

Shame they went with the DPMS pattern reciever, those are a dime a dozen. It'd be nice to have a source of slant-cut receivers that are available as parts and not complete rifles.

just received my PSA PA10 upper and although it lines up with my DPMS lower i cannot pull the charging handle back without some force but then the bcg does not release and jambs up in the receiver tube.the bcg is identical to my dpms bcg. i think the pa10 upper receiver is shorter in height than the dpms receiver.Is this where the difference is between the armalite AR10 and the LR308?

Shame they went with the DPMS pattern reciever, those are a dime a dozen. It'd be nice to have a source of slant-cut receivers that are available as parts and not complete rifles.

There are sources with SR25 receiver cuts. JP is the first one that comes to mind. Mega would also fit that criteria.
8d6bf93f1c75a2ba5014fc73b47ec664.jpg

I think aero makes both Sr 25 and dpms pattern uppers as well. I ordered a psa 308 upper a week back was shocked two days later when the shipping notification email came. It's supposed to be here tomorrow....they have been releasing new barrel models and increasing prices daily, and they are often out of stock so I had to check the sight for 3-4 weeks before I snagged one.

Palmetto State Armory PA10

So around 950 for a ar308 with a SS barrel an Midwest rail. Not bad price. Question is if the barrel is decent. If so its stiff competition for the DPMS g2 recon.

They are also producing pistol pa10 lowers. Would make a fun 10" flame thrower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk