• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Palmetto State Arms Ammo Sale

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I don't know anything about this ammo, except it's made in the USA. Seems like a good deal. I ordered 1000 rounds for a rainy day. Shipping was only $28 for me.

45acp 230 gr JHP

DETAILS​

Manufacturer: Ammo Inc
    Model Number: 45230JHP-A20
    Ammo Bullet Type: Jacketed Hollow Point
    Ammo Casing Type: Brass
    Ammo Bullet Weight: 230 grain
    Ammo Round Count: 20/Box
    Caliber Multi: .45 Auto
    Muzzle Energy: 409 lb/ft
    Muzzle Velocity: 895 fps
    Application: Personal Protection, Target
    Series/Collection: Signature
    Test Barrel Length: 5"

I don't know anything about this ammo, except it's made in the USA. Seems like a good deal. I ordered 1000 rounds for a rainy day. Shipping was only $28 for me.

45acp 230 gr JHP

DETAILS​

Manufacturer: Ammo Inc
    Model Number: 45230JHP-A20
    Ammo Bullet Type: Jacketed Hollow Point
    Ammo Casing Type: Brass
    Ammo Bullet Weight: 230 grain
    Ammo Round Count: 20/Box
    Caliber Multi: .45 Auto
    Muzzle Energy: 409 lb/ft
    Muzzle Velocity: 895 fps
    Application: Personal Protection, Target
    Series/Collection: Signature
    Test Barrel Length: 5"

Will it blow a lung out?

6sm44d.jpg

There's been some reviews on that brand In 9mm that were negative, I've thought about getting a couple of boxes in 45 , but my instincts tell me no ,

There's been some reviews on that brand In 9mm that were negative, I've thought about getting a couple of boxes in 45 , but my instincts tell me no ,
    The only negative thing I have seen about Ammo Inc is that they were virtue signaling by sending ammunition to Ukraine.

Reactions: NoDopes
    This is as cheap or cheaper than FMJ training ammunition, but JHP. Even if it doesn't cut the mustard for defense ammo, its hard to pass up for range shooting.

Reactions: supercorndogs
    Can you load 230gr JHP 45 acp for $0.49 a round?

Presuming you can get all of the components.

Used to anyway. My 40 S&W load was 12 cents for the bullet, 180g zero hollow point, 5g of 700x, CCI small pistol, 8k pieces of brass was about 150 dollars.

Just a quick check on the old interweb and 2 places had the bullets for $240 and $249 for 1000. This doesn't include shipping or sales tax. So maybe I can load for a little less which all depends on the supply chain. I don't know about powder. I've got some, but not enough for 1000 rounds. Anyone know if primers are still backordered like they used to be?

I believe my order for 1000 round came to $602 with shipping and 6% tax. $0.60 is final cost per round delivered to my door. I'll take 50 rounds out and see how they fly. I'll report back sometime next week.

Academy sports had primers by me last few visits but limit 4 sleeves at $7/$8 for regular/magnum.

I haven’t seen primers at Academy for more than 2 years around here..occasionally some Hornady bullets in my preferred calibers/weights, but no brass or primers.

Fair bit of luck at Cabela’s for small and large rifle, and even large rifle magnum and large pistol primers on occasion, but $$ as usual. Even got a 1K brick of small pistol primers there last month…and I’ve not seen those in years anywhere, even on line (not that I look for them much to be fair).

Powder seems to be coming back slowly, just 50% and up more expensive than usual.

Just a quick check on the old interweb and 2 places had the bullets for $240 and $249 for 1000. This doesn't include shipping or sales tax. So maybe I can load for a little less which all depends on the supply chain. I don't know about powder. I've got some, but not enough for 1000 rounds. Anyone know if primers are still backordered like they used to be?

I believe my order for 1000 round came to $602 with shipping and 6% tax. $0.60 is final cost per round delivered to my door. I'll take 50 rounds out and see how they fly. I'll report back sometime next week.
    4 to 4.4 gr of bullseye. 1,555-1,750 rounds per pound. Doesn’t take much.

At $50 per lb, that’s only $.028-$.032 per round worth of powder.

Primers at $100 per 1,000 so $.10 per round.

$.24 per bullet at $249 per 1,000

Brass might be $75 for 1,000 1x fired so $.075 per casing.

Equals: $.447 per round using the highest numbers.

$.447x1,000=$447 per 1,000 rds.

Gets way cheaper with brass on its 10th reload, and cast bullets cast from free lead lol.

However, once you factor in time, the cost to reload goes up. So if it’s not garbage ass ammo, then it’s worth the extra $0.15 per round to not have to pull the handle.

-fin

Reactions: Alphatreedog

Gets way cheaper with brass on its 10th reload, and cast bullets cast from free lead lol.

However, once you factor in time, the cost to reload goes up. So if it’s not garbage ass ammo, then it’s worth the extra $0.15 per round to not have to pull the handle.

-fin
    And no shipping if you buy local components .

I don't know about your area, but reloading supplies are like hen's teeth around me. I stopped reloading (still have everything set up) last year. I don't usually do much shooting because of my health issues, but I may have found some meds that may make it possible for me to shoot again. If I feel like I can shoot well enough to make it enjoyable, I may start up again.

I just saw some cheap (2022 style) ammo and I thought I'd get it. May or may not work out for SHTF times, but if it punches nice holes in paper, then so be it. Gotta spend all my money before I die. Wouldn't want the kids to make easy money. If they want money, they'll have to take the time to sell all my stuff. Better than them just going to the bank and taking it all at one time. You know, make them work for their money.........

Got the ammo today and if their case boxes are any indication, the ammo should be fine. They come in 200 round boxes and the cardboard is really heavy duty. 3 large staples secure the boxes. Ammo has a JAG headstamp. Looks to be decent. Only range time will tell for sure. I'll take a Sig, a Glock and a Colt when I do go to the range.

.40 cents is the going rate for brass .45 acp.

If you reload and want free brass, I'll give you a bucket of mixed .22, 9mm, and .45

-fin

Valid argument if you take time away from making a living.

If you reload and want free brass, I'll give you a bucket of mixed .22, 9mm, and .45
    Now redo the search given the fact that the ammunition in question is jhp defensive loads, at $0.55 per...

230 grain JHP??? Please show me where?

I've got all the brass I need and much of the reloading supplies. I just can't justify sitting at the reloader for 1000 rounds. It's more cost effective to just buy it. It's just to add to my supplies. I've got enough RN for target shooting. That's all reloaded ammo too.

Well, yes...and the pay is the same as it is for watching TV.
    Not quite. A couple of hours in front of a reloading bench will yield quality ammunition. The same time in front of a tv merely yields a deep loathing of humanity.

Reactions: NoDopes
    Dillon 650XL for the win. I still need to get the auto case feeder, but it's still pretty quick without.