• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pandora Internet Radio

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Anyone have the paid version? I downloaded the free app on my iPhone and so far it's pretty all right. Just wanted to see others opinions before I pony up and actually spend money.

Re: Pandora Internet Radio

As far as I can tell...$36 per year to gets rid of the ads.

Yes, it is to remove the advertising. I pay and love it. Great when people are over for dinner and drinks. Just hit play and you have great music.

If you listen to Pandora on the computer, the firefox Ad Blocker Plus add-on blocks the ads on the free version...wish there was an add blocker for android.

got it love it. very cool to build your own station to play just the type or style music you want within that station.

So the paid subscription only gets rid of the ads? Nothing different about the service?

Can You get comedy, classic style radio & such, like siriusxm? That is what I usually listen to on satellite.

You also get more than 40 hours a month of listening time. Which sounds like a lot until you start listening to it for 6 hours a day and hit your cap the first week and wonder "wtf, why won't this play?!" With the paid service it's no ads, unlimited skips, and unlimited listening time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You also get more than 40 hours a month of listening time. Which sounds like a lot until you start listening to it for 6 hours a day and hit your cap the first week and wonder "wtf, why won't this play?!" With the paid service it's no ads, unlimited skips, and unlimited listening time. </div></div>

That's just for the computer.
On my iPhone it's unlimited music.

(Oh, and I don't pay for music. I don't mind the ads)

Love Pandora. I ditched XM after finding and using it. The great thing is you can use it anywhere you have a signal. In vehicle, at home, while out walking/running, etc. The paid version gets rid of the ads and the daily skip limit, but hourly still applies, on mobile devices. Not really worth the 36 imo.

I like it alot, I listen for over 40 hours a month. With the no ads and more skips I think its worth the 36 bucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Richard II</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you tried TuneIn radio? </div></div>

No, but I'll look into that....

The ads don't bother me, the unlimited skips would be nice. I was really curious as to if the paid subscription offered more of a variety or any customizable features. So far I'm loving it. It's motorcycle riding music!