• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Panhandle Shooters Challenge 27 July @ K&M ***RESULTS/PHOTOS***

S.Kay

KM PRT
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2003
Finger, TN
<span style="font-weight: bold">27 July 2013 - Panhandle Shooters Challenge registration is open!</span>

3rd PSC of the year! It's probably going to be bit hot! :) So we will have plenty of water, shade and minimize some movement stages.

K&M Precision Rifle Training hosts 1 day precision rifle matches designated as the “Panhandle Shooter’s Challenge”. This match is intended for both veteran and novice shooters from within the region who want a top quality event, great facilities, and excellent competition all within one day. We host the “Panhandle Shooter’s Challenge” 4-6 times a year.

These matches will be a high tempo event with minimal “down time”. The course of fire will test and train disciplines from across law enforcement, military and practical marksman spectrums. Competitors can expect engagements from 50-1000yds at an assortment of steel, reactive, paper and automated moving targets. Target size will vary in difficulty based on the shooters position, distance and time allotted. Most stages will include “stressors”, either time and/or movement. The competition will require 100 rounds to complete the course of fire and is caliber restricted to 300 WinMag and below.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Timeline</span>
Sign-in and Zero Range Open at 7:30 CST
Match Starts at 8:00 CST

<span style="font-weight: bold">Register</span>
Match registration will be on a first come first serve basis; these matches will be limited to 40 competitors. Once the next match date is announced register online through our website. You will receive a confirmation and welcome/information email shortly thereafter. If open slots remain a match fee of $75 may be paid the morning of the match for those last minute attendees.

Panhandle Shooter?s Challenge | K&M Precision Rifle Training LLC

<span style="font-weight: bold">PRS Club Series/2013 Panhandle Shooter’s Challenge Series Announcement</span>
K&M Precision Rifle Training will track and rank scores from each Panhandle Shooter Challenge this year to crown yearly “K&M Panhandle Shooters Challenge Series Winners” and will sponsor those shooters to compete in the Precision Rifle Series Club Division Finale later this year.

This will be the first match of our Panhandle series and where we keep track of scores for 2013. We will combine scores from each match throughout the year. The top shooters will have a chance to represent K&M and compete against other top clubs across the country at a PRS Club Finale.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Latest Standings:</span>
1 Mark Rosset 93.79% 100.00% 193.79%
2 Joe Walls 100.00% 86.49% 186.49%
3 Benjie Bates 81.37% 84.12% 165.49%
4 Jay Carter 75.78% 88.51% 164.29%
5 Mike Rogan 90.06% 65.54% 155.60%
6 Jim Speaks 68.32% 59.12% 127.44%
7 Terry Lada 69.57% 54.05% 123.62%
8 Jim Gilliland 64.60% 56.76% 121.35%
9 Scott Critzer 63.98% 48.99% 112.96%
10 James Holstead 65.84% 42.57% 108.41%
11 Mark Whiteare 55.28% 51.01% 106.29%
12 Knox Crowe 51.55% 54.73% 106.28%
13 Bryan Richmond 90.68% 90.68%
14 Walt Sailers 42.24% 45.27% 87.51%
15 Jason Byrd 84.47% 84.47%
16 Chad Peck 78.88% 78.88%
17 Chris Plaisance 74.53% 74.53%
18 Charles Feltus 73.99% 73.99%
19 David Tapp 73.29% 73.29%
20 Jim Saunders 71.43% 71.43%
21 Ward Lewis 69.57% 69.57%
22 Melissa Gilliland 42.86% 25.34% 68.19%
23 Kurt Smith 61.49% 61.49%
24 Steve Deranian 22.36% 29.39% 51.75%
25 Jamie Tincher 50.93% 50.93%
26 Brian Sikes 49.66% 49.66%
27 Andy Sjobeck 44.93% 44.93%
28 Lee Rush 44.26% 44.26%
29 David Sorge 43.92% 43.92%
30 Andrew Chambless 36.02% 36.02%
31 Neal Wiggs 34.16% 34.16%
32 Ryan Hey 33.11% 33.11%

Last edited:
Thanks Trac - we'd love to have ya! Just a short drive for ya! :)

Also for those interested in some training to improve the competition performance we are having a K&M Competition Preparation Course on the Friday before so you guys can make a weekend of it. Link here: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-course-26-july-fl-panhandle.html#post2530640

The bunkhouse is available as always and you can't beat the price. :)

Im in...anyone on the fence about making the trip, do it!!...you wont be disappointed, first class facility, extremely well run and challenging cof

This will be a good little train up for the Grind for those interested getting some range time on the facility.

Also don't forget that we are hosting a Competition Prep Course the day prior!

Shannon

The drive will be worth it. Its Disney World for precision rifle shooters.

Kjoens,

Iced bottled water is free and we will have plenty of shade up for everyone. It will be great match.

I'll be out of the country for a week or two coming up. I'll be back the week of the match and will check back here.

Shannon

Looks like we will have a lot of new shooters to the regular PSC crowd. It is going to be a fun weekend. We have about 10 more slots open for those thinking about coming down.

Shannon

Just did a gear check. Really looking forward to this weekend. See ya'll Saturday.

Best comp I've shot in. Thanks Shannon and Brian you guys put on a great match in a great facility. Definitely worth the drive.

Thanks
KJ

DSC_7234.jpgDSC_7128.jpgDSC_7196.jpgDSC_7171.jpg
It was a wet one but a good time. Congratulations to Joe Walls, Mark Rossett and Kurt Smith.
View more Panhandle Shooters Challenge photos at https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.140955782778212.1073741840.116527211887736&type=3

We just wrap up a great match! Thanks to all who attended and it was great to see a bunch of new shooters to the Panhandle Shooters crowd! We had close to 40 shooters brave the heat, thunder storms and tough course of fire this match. Everyone was safe and shot well given the conditions.

Congrats to Joe Walls, Mark Rosset and Kurt Smith for the podium finishes!

We have two more matches this year and the series standings are starting to take shape. Next match is 2 November. We hope you all had a great time and hope to see you again.

Special thanks to the Eric and Aaron for helping us RO!

Below are the results, updated series standings and some photos.

Definitely a soggy start to the match, but everyone toughed it out and finished strong. Great meeting some new faces and seeing the familiar ones.

Gonna definitely try make the next one, whether I'm RO'n or shooting.

Eric

Had a great time as usual, thanks to Shannon and Brian for a fun match. Also thanks to Eric and Aaron for giving their time and chance to shoot; to instead serve as RO's...you guys did great. Congrats to Joe, Mark and Kurt for their performances.

BTW, Shannon and Brian the range looks awesome. I'm always surprised at how much work and improvements you guys get done between each match. And every time you guys have added one or two new stage areas to the range. I consider myself lucky to live within driving distance of such a premier facility.

Looking forward to the GAP Grind and hoping the guy with the Corsair is going to put on an air show this time...

I shot in the Panhandle Shooters Challenge. I also attended the train up the day before.

It was HOT on the Friday of the train up. K&M was very attentive to the heat and did a great job of having plenty of ice cold bottled water on hand and periodically bring us into the air conditioned classroom to cool off. You can not hydrate or eat enough during these conditions to keep your body fueled.

We had 9 students and 3 instructors in the train up. The ratio was great as we broke up into 3 groups of 3. Which worked out great as I brought my son and a good friend.

We worked on getting a solid zero, K&M's method for this was very revealing of my tendencies.

We then spent the day 0800-1700 working on different shooting problems. The rock pile, the rock, the shoothouse, the barricade and steel poppers, Movers at 300 and 500, the tower.

Some points that I took away was being as accurate as possible when gathering actual dope. I was more than content(DUMB) with just getting hits on the steel. However, Kurt pointed out that just a hit wasn't good enough it had to be centered up where you wanted it.

For me, Shannon pointed out that I was not readjusting my Natural point of aim when I would build a position then move the rifle. It really clicked for me.

At lunch K&M did a class in the classroom on Movers. A lot of the students had not shot movers ever before. With the classroom followed up by field instruction and then an oppurtunity to engage the movers everyone was getting consistent hits.

The end of the day at approximately 1700 the heat was starting to take it's toll and we called it a day. However, A few of us asked if we could shoot in the 270 pit. Shannon said no problem and called the range cold and allowed us to experience the targets and barricades at the 270. We shot for about a half hour then called it. Shannon could have said no the day was over, but he let us get our fill.

The Match was awesome 12 stages at varying distances and only a few prone shots. Shannon opened the match by urging the experienced shooters take the new shooters under their wing. We, new shooters, introduced ourselves and then we broke out to start the match. I saw and spoke with two people I had shot with Before, Bryan Richmand and Chad Peck. It's always nice to talk to old friends and meet new ones.

The match was a real good experience and a taste of what the PRS matches are like.

The set up was well organized and the staff on hand made everything run smoothly.

I did not place very well. However all it did was wet the appetite for more. It's funny we did some shots the day before that I had solid hits on but on the match day I blew them. I guess that is the nature of competition.

I did take notice to the amount of 6mm rifles. XC and Creedmoor. We spoke about it and I do think that the .308 in match conditions is past it's prime so to speak. I will do some research on what barrel combo for the 6mm creedmoor and will consider rebarreling our .308's...

My son's birthday was the match day. I brought a cake and affter the awards Shannon had everyone sind happy Birthday then anyone who wanted cake got a piece. It was extremely touching for me as a father to see all of these hard men celebrate with my son and I.

We had a great time. The 10 hour drive gave the three of us time to reflect. We all learned a ton.

Thank you K&M,

Jack