• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Panty 6 stuck in DFW, needs food, drink

Switchblade

muf kin poser
Minuteman
This is a message to anyone in the DFW Airport AO. My lovely wife(short red hair, severely pissed off looks about now, otherwise smiles) is stuck in the DFW Airport that has closed due to inclement weather. I am looking for anyone that can help her out with a little food and drink while waiting since she is stuck in a place with everything closed up tight.
Probably a shot in the dark, but hey, I gotta try!

She is G2G in LAX with No1 Son right now awaiting a 1600 Departure to Hawaii.

Re: Panty 6 stuck in DFW, needs food, drink

It is barley raining here! they have been closing Dfw for everything. I am stuck at work sorry I couldn't help.

LL call him and have him call me, my digits are posted above. If he can lend a hand I am certain I can find something he will like or have her find it in Hawaii. She's enroute to see her father who had a bilateral hemisphere stroke a few weeks back, but is now at home and doing pretty well considering

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CKA can show her a good time and since she has the wrong parts for him, you know she is safe. </div></div>

Thanks Clown Shoes.

Switch, I'm at 972 824 8832. It's 5pm so traffic would take me about 2 hours to get there with the weather. Is she stuck overnight?

Switch,

If she meets up with Jay, just don't let her offer to pay for dinner, that is a losing proposition right there.

You don't get the nickname "Lunchbox" because you pack light.

just checked aviation weather.....it will be stinky for a bit longer.....

if i go get her and feed her Texas BBQ, she may not want to leave the state.....then what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Switch,

If she meets up with Jay, just don't let her offer to pay for dinner, that is a losing proposition right there.

You don't get the nickname "Lunchbox" because you pack light. </div></div>

I think baiting me to ban me is against the rules isn't it, Tinker Bell?

no prob! She has the choice to stay over in either DFW or LA. If here, she can hang out with my wife and stay in a guest room.

There are days that my wife hates this site (no offense Frank), but I feel good knowing that no matter where in the CONUS we are I have about 20 friends within a hour's drive that would help me out if needed.

The community here is amazing, glad she's ok Switch.

427Cobra just called me. I store a little 14' Jon Boat and trailer at his place in Sanger. He said a micro-burst put it into his neighbor's fence. Fucking-A, man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">427Cobra just called me. I store a little 14' Jon Boat and trailer at his place in Sanger. He said a micro-burst put it into his neighbor's fence. Fucking-A, man. </div></div>

I think that was 427's way of telling you to get your boat out of his yard! "Micro-burst"? Micro-burst of 427's rage I'd say
laugh.gif

My wife is often surprised by the people here (and our local site) and their willingness to get it done for the next guy. Pretty cool.

The subject line got me wondering about the origins of the use of the number "6" to designate the CO. Anyone know where it came from?

My wife's there for business this week, staying in North Dallas. I'm glad P6 is making out okay with some help. Lemme know if needs change.

Is she out? I am 30 minutes from terminal D. I would be happy to take her food and drink if she is still stuck at the airport. I could even take her to and from one of the local hotels if the need is still there.

Gotta love this community.

Hope she's GTG Switch, good call on using the tools avail!

Glad to see everything worked out for her Switch. This group of guys and gals is awsome. Have her give her father our best wishes as well.

Sorry I didn't see this till now. I work around the corner from The airport and could have gotten her some food or ride. If she gets stuck out call me. 214-504-5086.
SP

I am sorry to I just came across this-- Unfortunately, I have to watch the kids tonight. If not I would have been all over this situation.

Just saw this thread. I'm 10 minutes from the airport. You and yours are welcome at my house anytime. Just be prepared for teenage boys and a rambunctius puppy!!

She is now sitting in LAX with Riki, our No1 Son. They are operating on full bellies, and 2 hours of sleep since yesterday. She received a few phone calls while in DFW from people she didn't even know who were looking out for her. She was not only suprised by those calls, but was very impressed with how fast they came once she notified me of her sit-rep.

The origin of 'Panty 6':

A very good friend and I were enjoying his home brew and cigars. The grill was hot and smoky, filled with a variety of beef, sausages, chicken, and venison. The womenfolk were in their typical yakk mode. Simon looks at me and says,"Yeah, my 6 just loves to talk. Your 6 and her are great together" I look at him, and the idea of referring to our ol lady's as '6' made me laugh, so I look at him and go,"Yeah, Panty 6, that freakin FITS!" We both got a laugh out of it, and to this day we both reffer to our wimmins as 'Panty 6'.
Before that, I had never heard anyone use the terms 'Panty' and '6' together except to say a certain '6' was a pantywaste. It is purely amazing what guys come up with when beer, grilled meats, and cigars are part of the day

Again, I would like to thank each and every one of you who made this part of her journey a little better. The fact that this community is so tight and generously gives makes it part of what makes the US such a great place

Her father had a bi lateral pariatel hemispherical stroke a few weeks back. He was originally in a coma for some 18 hours from haveing a clot on each side of his brain. He awoke 18+/- hours later, but exhibeted 'narcoleptic' behavior, as in he would be talking to his wife or someone else and fall asleep to reawaken right back where he left off with no clue as to what happenned.
He was also diagnosed with a severe speech impairment, but that was fixed when he finally got them to give his teeth back(ROFLMMFAO!)
He is back at home, stays awake normally, but exhibits slight stroke behaviors.
Panty 6 and No1 Son are enroute to see him(No1 Son since he hasn't been back since 2001) Riki is not only named(Hawaiian name, Keakaimalu) after his grandfathers(Riki, or Richard after my Pop) he is the first born grandson, and great grandson who just needed to get back 'home' to see his grandparents and great grandmother(his tutu)

The trip has been planned around Panty 6's job as an entry level bookkeeper and tax season, or she would have went back on the first thing smokin. Her dedication to her job has made her very welcome at her place of work. They told me yesterday they had no idea how they got stuff done before she got there, or had no idea of how smart/tech savvy/effeciant/hard worker...all the good things really nice people say about a new hire they took a chance on.

Me, I just know that she will be bringing a few really good things back with her. We kinda set aside a few small funds to insure we could get some long needed supplies for the grillin and chillin and other stuff.
The important thing though, is for her to be with her dad because, well, it just is

Prayers sent for her Dad. It sounds like he is doing better already.

Prayers sent that she brings you back some Lau Lau and Kalua pig!

No one ever has a problem here in San Diego unless you get showered in sunshine and happiness.
smile.gif

Dang that sounded gay.
Prayers sent for her Pop.

Hey, np Scott, it's all part of life. He has lost a little weight since she last saw him(2006), but is in overall good health. The stroke has changed his interaction a bit though. He is no longer the talkative guy who initiates conversation. He only speaks when spoken too, or in answer to what one says. I know this has to be real tough on Shannon and Pualani, and especially Barbara his my beloved mother in law(she really is cool). I just like knowing that he not only recognized Shannon, but also recognized his grandson. We are all praying that he recovers at least to the point of initiating conversation. When it comes to neurological function, and matters of the human brain though, there is truly no telling what happens or is going on inside his head. I can only think that if it is maddening to him, he regains the inner peace that he used to have, or that if his mind is indeed quiet and peaceful in all this that he gain back a little more of his former self.

On the fun side:
I sent her my short list for Lau Lau, Red Alea(red Hawaiian Salt, the really dark good stuff), Bad Ass Espresso Roast coffee, and a new t-shirt from Pacific HD.
She and the boys(Riki took his best friend Drew who is DJing a local club during this trip) have hit the beaches, and are being dragged all over by Pualani, her sister. Pua's husband, Leon, is having a huge birthday bash this weekend, and me, Sam, and Torin know we are sitting here assed out missing out on that table full of killer chow. Man I can see the big pot of auntie's squid luau, the lau lau from cousin Nathan(who was taught by the master, Uncle Edmund[RIP uncle!]), the home made noodles from Nalani, the pork hash, char sui, and other tasty treats from King's, the Zippy's kat su chicken, the big rice pot, and all the entire ohana with Cliff sitting at the head of the table with a cold brew.
Boy, maybe when I graduate and get a VA job I can transfer to Oahu...I need a serious infusion of salt air and sea water from Sandy Beach's Full Point left break(right at the bottom of the hill where Cliff and Barb have lived forever). We truly miss the gatherings of our ohana and all the good food and family. I miss the zen of just being out at Sandy's with my Mach 7 SS bat tail too

hey Switch - have her grab me a bag of Lions coffee - Kona flavor eh? I'll cover the costs!!!

Yeah i know how the stroke thing goes, my g/f had one at 18 due to a car crash and being moved during recovery. She can still shoot, skydive, and kick ass tho!
smile.gif

I would kill for some good Lau Lau. I miss those days in Hawaii!

I would also like to go back for a little visit to Rainbow Drive-In: nothing like a mix plate with extra salad to make you useless for the rest of the day.

Sorry about the FIL. When it happened to my Grandpa he was never the same again. Before he was very outgoing and lit up any room he walked into. Afterward he would just answer questions with a yes and no answer. He hardly ever elaborated after that. I think that was the hard part for my Dad. He was still one hell of a shot though.

Scott, your coffee is in a box with a lot of other stuff.
Oh man, $24 for 10 lau lau(I think she got 5), Lop Cheong, Pipi Kaula, Spicy Portugese Sausage, Steamed manapua, baked manapua, Maui Brewing Co Coconut Ale(in cans so it stays fresher), Red Alea, and a pair of big bags of Italian Roast and Espresso Roast coffee beans.
Man I can't wait to taste me some lau lau and manapua. Only thing missing would be teh salt on my skin and on my head from a day at Full Point or in the shore breaks(Gas Chambers is always cool) at Sandy's.

She gave us details on Leon's birthday bash the other night. Man, I just know all that food and beer was a good time, and they didn't stop 'til the sun came up(well she stopped around 0300). Ukelele's were out, Braddahs were singin, man it sounded like a good time on the phone.
The best part was I heard that familiar voice say, "Oh,...""He's doing fine with the boys Dad" "oh, OK!" I know that stuff is hard on the girls and we all hope for the best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, your coffee is in a box with a lot of other stuff.
Oh man, $24 for 10 lau lau(I think she got 5), Lop Cheong, Pipi Kaula, Spicy Portugese Sausage, Steamed manapua, baked manapua, Maui Brewing Co Coconut Ale(in cans so it stays fresher), Red Alea, and a pair of big bags of Italian Roast and Espresso Roast coffee beans.
Man I can't wait to taste me some lau lau and manapua. Only thing missing would be teh salt on my skin and on my head from a day at Full Point or in the shore breaks(Gas Chambers is always cool) at Sandy's.

She gave us details on Leon's birthday bash the other night. Man, I just know all that food and beer was a good time, and they didn't stop 'til the sun came up(well she stopped around 0300). Ukelele's were out, Braddahs were singin, man it sounded like a good time on the phone.
The best part was I heard that familiar voice say, "Oh,...""He's doing fine with the boys Dad" "oh, OK!" I know that stuff is hard on the girls and we all hope for the best </div></div>

Damn Switchblade, you sure know how to hurt a guy.

Hey tex, you come round these here hills and I am certain we can accomodate more Hawaiian style chow than you can eat in one sitting, lau lau included. My FIL taught me everything he knows. Uncle's Ronald, Eddie, and Edmund taught me all their HAwaiian food tricks, and Auntie Maile is sending me her personal squid luau recipe so I can complete my doctorate in that Hawaiian Style Luau table. In 2006 she said she could not tell my char sui and teri beef from Cliff's. I damn near fell out because that meant that I had arrived as a full fledged member of that family since I could cook their food how it was supposed to be cooked....course tutu always believed in her 'Malahini Mo 'o' ana Keaka Koa' or Warrior Story Teller from Across the Sea. She said I am so 'local' there isn't much haouli left....Man I miss the Ohana and the sea something fierce