• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paper Shredder Suggestions

BytorJr

Two Star General
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Anybody with any experience with Amazon Basics 150-Sheet Autofeed Micro-Cut Paper Shredder (Level 4) or an Aurora Level 5 10 sheet?

Specifically I need to probably have the auto-feed; but regardless I need something that will shred envelopes too because I shred junk mail as well.

Looking at nothing more than $250.

Thanks!!

edit, I'm also looking at Wolverine and Kensington P-5's :). Buy once cry once.

Last edited:

I have an older Fellows shredder that I've used for years, works fine for occasional shredding, but isn't really up for jamming a bunch of stuff fast.

Reactions: Cowpokey

I have an older Fellows shredder that I've used for years, works fine for occasional shredding, but isn't really up for jamming a bunch of stuff fast.

I have one that looks nearly identical to that, except it's an Ativa 12CC01. Picked it up at Office Depot a couple years ago...apparently no longer available, but there is a new model 12CC19.

Edit add: I've put 8 sheets worth of bank statements and such though it at a time, which is heavier weight paper than standard office weight paper. No auto feed, if that's a must have for you.

I'm shredding some of my father's estate stuff and business stuff. I could take it and get it shredded; but that gets expensive and you lose sight of it. Since I cannot go take it to work and the "barrel" due to covid I'm toying with these now:

It needs to be able to do junk mail envelopes with shtuff in. Things like AARP cards, junk like that.

E0509058-ACCD-4-B9-D-BF0-B-27075-C752521.gif

Do you have a fireplace or fire pit?

I inherited a Staples "Professional Series" 16 sheet shredder 8 years ago. Still working great. Recommended. Don't know price. Feed it a sheet dribbled with shredder oil every couple of weeks or so.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Reactions: camocorvette
Haha...No fire pit, and to be honest, I'm scared of the fireplace in this house. Cannot legally burn inside city limits; but...if I had an outdoor party with a portable fire pit...well, it's just a party, right?
Start a fire in your backyard, throw all the crap on it. Wait a few minutes and call the fire department. They'll come over and put it out for you.

• Haha
Reactions: BytorJr