• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Paperwork for a Can?

LukeUSMC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2008
Louisiana
Ok I've NEVER had a ticket in my life, never been arrested and I'm a LEO. I don't think I'll have a problem getting one. Just curious as to which kind of background check they run you through. Some one was saying they go through all you're credit card/bank card statments and stuff? Doesn't sound right... Just wondering what kind of check(s) you go through.

As far as all the form 4 stuff, do I do that myself or do I go to a Class 3 dealer and they do it all?

Thanks,

Luke

Re: Paperwork for a Can?

I don't know specifically what the BG check involves. But I suspect that if you can go to a gun store and buy a firearm and pass the NICS check you will be good to go. My dealer does the Fm 4 for me, sends it to me for my info and I send in a check. I also do a trust for NFA stuff, so I don't do the photo and finger print part. You can do the Fm 4 yourself, but dealer info is required on it to do the transfer. I do the Fm 1 myself with no dealer involved. The real issue is time. It will probably take 3-4 months to get your Fm 4 back, if the form is incorrectly filled out they won't process it, and you will get it back for correction. Having someone like a dealer who has done it before help you minimizes the chance of this happening.

I just did this a few weeks ago and I am pretty sure it's a NICS background check that is perform along with the finger print cards that are sent off to ATF for their database.

I would suggest working with your Class 3 to get the form filled out, hopefully they have done it before and can get it done properly.

once your senior law enforcement officer signs the form, you can send your packet to ATF and wait the 6 months.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LukeUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool deal. Damn that sucks it takes so long </div></div>
Kinda is what it is....

I'd be almost on my way for another tour if not already overseas before I could pick up a suppressor with that level of competency!!