• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pappy Boyington

Frank Green

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2006
wisconsin
www.bartleinbarrels.com
Happy birthday Pappy may you RIP

Last edited:
My mentor as a young man was 3rd Raider in the Pacific Islands Campaign of WWII. In the 80's he called me one day to come over and visit. It was all a ruse so he could introduce me to his war buddy, one Pappy Boyington. I was fortunate enough to be invited over when ever he was in town to visit.

Cool indeed, raise a glass to all men who go above and beyond. You just gotta smile at the bit that claims his health improved during captivity, due to staying off the booze!

Ive been watching Black Sheep Squadron on H&I. I never watched it before. We're really enjoying it and plan on ordering his book soon.

Definitely glad we had him and all the others, past and present!

Semper Fi Marines

Spent the 7th grade trying to draw F4U Corsairs because of Baa Baa Black Sheep. Had to watch it at a neighbors because my sister got to watch what she wanted on those nights. Never got any good at drawing...

Reactions: Slash0311
Grew up hearing tales of Pappy from my dad and his friends. My Father was Avionics in VMF-214. He was with the F4's that flew at his funeral or maybe the ceremony honoring Pappy after his death? I was young so cant quite remember. I used to have a T-shirt from the event or maybe made afterward that had the Corsair on the right front pocket along with the squadron logo and 28 Japanese flags on the back.
Happy Birthday Devil Dog!

When I was in high school, my dad told me one of my high school shop teachers was a fighter pilot in the Pacific in WWII. I was blown away as Ray was a very quiet, soft spoken man. I later found out he was in the wrestling Hall of Fame in two states. One day I asked Ray if he ever met Pappy Boyington. Ray was a quiet guy, and said he was stationed with him for awhile. I believe it was when they were both with the Flying Tigers. Ray said "I didn't care much for him". Reading between the lines I assume it was Pappy's personality and partying, and Ray had the opposite personality. You can't argue with the results though!

Last edited: