• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Para 1911 Double stack, SF 45A Trigger problem

KiwiShtr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2009
Advance, MO.
Hi all.
Need some advice on my newly purchased, previously owned Para 1911 .45. Im having some trouble with the trigger. When I squeeze the trigger to shoot, it breaks right at the back of the pull, there is no over travel at all. Some times it wont even fire unless I squeeze the hell out of it to get it to break, thus all accuracy is out the window. There is an adjustment screw in the trigger itself that I have moved a few turns in each direction, but it hasnt made any difference. Im new to 1911's so please excuse my ignorance if there is an easy fix.
Any advice appreciated.

Re: Para 1911 Double stack, SF 45A Trigger problem

2 things.. I'm thinking that the screw you are talking about is the overtravel adjustment (small allen head threaded from the face of the trigger to the rear) chances are that you, or the previous owner, adjusted it in too far and it's limiting your trigger travel... which is it's job, it hits the mag release to limit the trigger as sson as the sear breaks, thus eliminating over travel... back it all the way out and see if that fixes the problem, if it does, slowly adjust it in until there is no over travel, but the trigger still breaks clean.

the other real possibility, especially if the weapon has been fully disassembled, is that the trigger bow is bent and now too short to engage the sear reliably

Re: Para 1911 Double stack, SF 45A Trigger problem

Cheers for that FM
Am overseas at the moment but should be state side in a month or 2. Ill give those a try.
Most times it would fire, but 1/10 rnds Id hav to apply just that bit extra pressure to break, it was almost like having a flinch to get it to fire. I had tried that screw, but didnt want to get to bold with my adjustments as Im no 1911 expert, but will hve another go with it as you described. I have a few 1911 dvds and books on the way so hopefully that will help me strip it down and inspect everything properly to check the Trigger Bow you mentioned and give it the once over. I think I know what part you mean.
Thanks again for the info.