• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Para 1911 Identification

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
A guy I work with is selling a Para 1911. He didn't know what model it was and I didn't ask him for a picture. It is a stainless pistol including the beaver tail. It doesn't have checkering on the front strap but it has a mag well like the one on the elite pro. He said he gave almost 1100.00 for it. Does anyone know which model it might be? I thought it might be an elite stainless but the mag well is throwing me off. It had to have come like that from the factory because I'm sure he bought it new. Any information would be helpful?

What sites are on it? That will help

I haven't found one just like it yet. His picture is the only one. The mag well is what is messing me up. It looks just like a Para Elite Pro but has no front strap checkering. Also, the beaver tail and hammer are stainless instead of black. I was a little interested in it but until I find out what it is I will not even consider buying it. I need to make sure he bought it new. I believe he said he had 1080.00 in it but he had no idea which model it was. I am going through the para picture section of forums.1911forum.com now but I haven''t found anything yet.

I talked with the guy more yesterday and it turned out to be a SSP. He didn't buy the pistol new and it appears that the first owner added the mag well. Its a good looking gun but I guess I will pass on buying it.