• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Para GI Expert 1911

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
Any of you have experience with one of these? I fondled one at Cabela's the other day and next to a springfield GI this thing felt like a rolls royce! I know its not a custom but for $519 it was smooth, tight, and the trigger wasn't half bad either, just wondering if anyone has shot one? what are your opinions?

Steve

Re: Para GI Expert 1911

Was it nicer than the STI Spartan? ($600)

They've had favorable reviews from the people who have bought and shot them. Looks like Para might have gotten this one right.

Newbie here, just happen to pick one up in dec. had to send it back to para for thumb safety malfunction. the first hundred rounds hit where i point it, so far so good. There are a few sharp edges on gun but nothing to fret about. Excellent buy IMHO

michael

I don't want to go too cheap, this gun just felt a WHOLE lot better than any other budget 1911 i've seen, I think i'll end up getting an STI Trojan, finest 1911 you can buy any where near its price range IMO

Steve

PLEASE do research before buying this gun.....too many plastic and MIM parts...plus Para's CS has gone to shit lately. but from my personal experience this gun does feel GREAT in the hand, very tight lock-up no movement. however it seems to be a problem child for Para, from what i have read it EATS your brass only IF it ejects. will not reliably feed hollow point ammo, and the frame is slightly off spec so if you decide to buy a "drop-in" part chances are it will need to be fitted. there is a reason why springfields are the most likely to be used and customized gun. kind of like Rem 700 actions. they are the canvas on which to paint your masterpiece. although so are the Rock Islands from what i hear too. i decided to get a Springfield Loaded lightweight. but i remember at first wanting the G.I. Expert due to cost and feel...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it nicer than the STI Spartan? ($600) </div></div>

I'm hoping you asked that because you know the answer
wink.gif

I'd definately get a Philipino STI before a Para GI Expert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azerious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PLEASE do research before buying this gun.....too many plastic and MIM parts...plus Para's CS has gone to shit lately. but from my personal experience this gun does feel GREAT in the hand, very tight lock-up no movement. however it seems to be a problem child for Para, from what i have read it EATS your brass only IF it ejects. will not reliably feed hollow point ammo, and the frame is slightly off spec so if you decide to buy a "drop-in" part chances are it will need to be fitted. there is a reason why springfields are the most likely to be used and customized gun. kind of like Rem 700 actions. they are the canvas on which to paint your masterpiece. although so are the Rock Islands from what i hear too. i decided to get a Springfield Loaded lightweight. but i remember at first wanting the G.I. Expert due to cost and feel...</div></div>

I have only owned one 1911 that being Para's GI expert so I don't know alot on the subject and can't compare it to much, but I have been happy after about 300 rounds through mine.
What parts on the gun are plastic beside the grips? I will say the trigger is nice and I think it shoots well. I did however have to adjust the rear sight a decent amount to get my poi. I have had no problem with it feeding, ejecting, or brass eating with factory and handloaded hollow points. As far as their CS and part drops ins I can't comment.