• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns PARA USA REBATE 6 YEARS LATER

GONE BAD

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2013
Portland
Best gun deal I have ever gotten.
I thought I picked it up in 2012? But the rebate paper said 2014 rebate.
Anyway I picked this up at Sportsmans for $350 and it had a $100 mail in rebate in the box. I filled it out online and that was at least 6 years ago. Never received the money and just figured the rebate was included in the price. When I got it home and opened the box first thing I see is a note 'congratulations you now own the best 1911 pistol'
I laughed!

About 2 months later I got a chance to take it out and run it through the paces.
Damn that gun was amazing!
And has been one of the best handguns I have ever owned!
Well yesterday I got a check in the mail from Remington for $100 6 years later!
20201022_062439.jpg

Some of the old Para Ordinance 1911 pistols were very reliable and accurate.
I got one in a trade over a decade ago and it was the best shooting of my 1911s

Reactions: GONE BAD
Best gun deal I have ever gotten.
I thought I picked it up in 2012? But the rebate paper said 2014 rebate.
Anyway I picked this up at Sportsmans for $350 and it had a $100 mail in rebate in the box. I filled it out online and that was at least 6 years ago. Never received the money and just figured the rebate was included in the price. When I got it home and opened the box first thing I see is a note 'congratulations you now own the best 1911 pistol'
I laughed!

About 2 months later I got a chance to take it out and run it through the paces.
Damn that gun was amazing!
And has been one of the best handguns I have ever owned!
Well yesterday I got a check in the mail from Remington for $100 6 years later!View attachment 7451312

So I forgot to ad final cost $250!

• Wow
Reactions: deersniper
Some of the old Para Ordinance 1911 pistols were very reliable and accurate.
I got one in a trade over a decade ago and it was the best shooting of my 1911s

I was definitely amazed at accuracy and reliability well I've never had a 1911 that didn't run flawlessly.
Oh, it came with 3 8 round mags.

I think the list on these at the time were over $700?
This was just before or after Remington bought Para Ordinance.
I don't know how long they lasted after they moved out of Canada?

Op is definitely a much nicer and more patient person than I. I would be pissed after 6 months, lol

Glad the guns were at least good shooters.

Op is definitely a much nicer and more patient person than I. I would be pissed after 6 months, lol

Glad the guns were at least good shooters.

Well to be honest I really didn't know the situation. For the price I kinda thought they discounted the rebate in the cost and then when I got to shoot it I was so impressed and I knew they were being bought out and couldn't believe it would be $250.
Anyway I was shocked when the check showed up yesterday.

Any of you guys have FTF problems ? I had one that I bought in the latter 90's and it wouldn't go through a single magazine without multiple FTF's. 230 grn RN Fiocchi.

Any of you guys have FTF problems ? I had one that I bought in the latter 90's and it wouldn't go through a single magazine without multiple FTF's. 230 grn RN Fiocchi.
I had to do some throat work on mine and the extractor was way out of tune. I also found it loved the Sig 1911 mags the best. I ended up running it in USPSA Single Stack a little and it ran like a champ.