• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paradigm Carbon??

ScreaminJimmy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2019
I have been in a mountain rifle rabbit hole for quite sometime now, looking over various carbon stocks. Through casual conversation with a good friend yesterday he mentioned paradigm, I have never seen or heard of them? which is no strange occurrence. So I head over to https://www.paradigmcarbon.com/ to find what may be one of the worst websites of this century, very limited information no buying or source of supply options, not so much as a phone number for god sake!!! they interest me for the fact that they are a no fill 1 piece carbon stock, I would also be interested in stacking one of their barrels up against one of my proofs.

The overall intent of this post is do any of you have any solid information on paradigm?

Thank you in advance.

From what I could gather, they are Supposed to be built off of Rock Creek blanks, carbon wrapped, and able to be cut to desired length (unlike Proof).
PVA is supposed to be selling them, but their website is absent any sales information as well 🤷‍♂️

I called Proof asking if I could cut my carbon barrel down - NO!

Seems really bizarre, but nonetheless thank you for the info. I'm going to give rock creek a call and see if I can press some more info from them.

From what I could gather, they are Supposed to be built off of Rock Creek blanks, carbon wrapped, and able to be cut to desired length (unlike Proof).
PVA is supposed to be selling them, but their website is absent any sales information as well 🤷‍♂️

I called Proof asking if I could cut my carbon barrel down - NO!

We took them off the website due to the inability to get blanks recently. We habe several orders that crossed 12wk lead time recently and I stopped taking orders u til I can get the barrels again.

Performance-wise the product is fantastic. I still have 2 of them on personal rifles, both variations of prototypes.

Both are absolute hammers.

they have a hunting version stock out now i just ordered yesterday. 25.6oz painted with bottom metal and a 3 round aics mag

they have a hunting version stock out now i just ordered yesterday. 25.6oz painted with bottom metal and a 3 round aics mag
madcalfe,

what bottom metal did you go with? Last I checked (I bought one from Matt), they still didn't have their own bottom metal done.

im not to sure. this one came with bottom metal already installed on the stock

it looks to be molded like a manners EH1
IMG_3529.jpg

yea its 1 pieces hollow carbon fiber. but i don't think its needs to be bedded from what he told me. he said it was a drop in ready to go inletted for a defiance anti SA. I'm excited to get it all together! hoping the gun will be around 5.5lbs bare. will make a good sheep hunting rig

@madcalfe What kind of lead time were you given for the stock? I ordered one back at the end of October/beginning of November for a TL3 SA and still haven't saw it yet. At that time I was told it would be sub 20 oz with bottom metal.

they have 1 left in the A5 with the adjustable cheek and butt plate in stock 24oz

I had one of their A5 stocks w/o adjustable cheek and it weighed in at 37+ oz with bottom metal on my scale so not sure where they get 16 oz from for that variation. I am attempting to upgrade to their newest stock to shave some weight, but like I said before, I am still waiting.

I had one of their A5 stocks w/o adjustable cheek and it weighed in at 37+ oz with bottom metal on my scale so not sure where they get 16 oz from for that variation. I am attempting to upgrade to their newest stock to shave some weight, but like I said before, I am still waiting.
yea i see that now. gobigtactical says its weights 2.65lbs so 42.4oz with adjustable but plate, cheek riser recoil pad and bottom metal. i really hope the one im getting is what the weight says it is or else ill be extremely mad. considering I'm shelling out 1300$ more than the original stock i was gonna go with that i know is a 21oz stock without bottom metal and mag box.

my guess the 16oz is the carbon shell then you add the adjust cheek riser, adjustable but plate, bottom metal. which brings it to that higher weight...

The stock is very impressive. Matt sent me a lot of info on it. I believe it's actually hollow carbon fiber with pillars for bedding. It's a very innovative design for sure. Not a lot of them in the wild.
There are no pillars in them for bedding as the carbon is thick (they call it a carbon mounting block) in the action inlet area. Pillars, I believe, would only be needed to set the bottom metal height in relation to the carbon mounting block.

Could you please post a couple of more pictures of the bottom metal? I'm wondering if they just sourced one as I have the same stock, uninletted, that I was waiting to send back. (Yes, I wanted to see if I even liked the grip/palm swell before having it inletted)
that was the only pic on the website. i should have the stock by Friday i think. ill send some pictures when i get it. how did you like the grip. this is my first vertical style grip. I've only used traditional hunting style stocks before and what did your blank end up weighting?

For my hand, I like the feel of the grip. I prefer more open grips for everything but prone, but the technology on this one suckered me in. With no buttpad, but just a thin little aluminum insert that the future buttpad will attach to, 16.5oz on my postal scale. Granted, that's uninletted- without any material removed in the action area.

well at least the weight is correct. I was concerned with going to a vertical grip but when I thought about it almost all my mountain hunting I'm able to get prone for shooting. im sure after using it for a little bit it will become more natural.

that was the only pic on the website. i should have the stock by Friday i think. ill send some pictures when i get it. how did you like the grip. this is my first vertical style grip. I've only used traditional hunting style stocks before and what did your blank end up weighting?
madcalfe, did your Paradigm arrive? What does it weigh?