• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Paralax on USO not correct to markings

C Snyder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
OK
The paralx on my USO scope when set is not with the correct range. As an example at 100yds the scope is paralax free when I set the objective at 280-300 mark on the scope. Is this something I need to contact USO about or is there other things at play that could be causing the differnce?

Re: Paralax on USO not correct to markings

That's normal. Parallax isn't an exact thing like magnification. It's based on your eyes and the focus on the scope.

Just turn it to the infinity mark and you will be good from one to one hundred thousand yards and further . Or at least thats what I was once told by a guy at the range with his Uzi sniper rifle
wink.gif

They usually only are correct as marked on any brand if the diopter is set at -0-, and rarely then.

More of a guide than an absolute.....

I had the same problem on an ST10, USO said it was miscalibrated.

You shouldn't have to compromise by making it work. Send it in and have them fix it, they fixed mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Okiecop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The paralx on my USO scope when set is not with the correct range. As an example at 100yds the scope is paralax free when I set the objective at 280-300 mark on the scope. Is this something I need to contact USO about or is there other things at play that could be causing the differnce? </div></div>

It is <span style="font-weight: bold">not normal</span> for the parallax to be off by that far. Parallax setting for 100y and it reads 280-300 yards is unacceptable from especially USO. Give them a call and they will fix it for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: socket70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's normal. Parallax isn't an exact thing like magnification. It's based on your eyes and the focus on the scope. </div></div>

Well, parallax does not determine focus. This is the misconception a lot of people have is that the parallax knob adjusts the focus. Parallax is used only for eliminating reticle movement for distances that you set the parallax adjustment to. Just becaused it is focused does not mean that the parallax has been dialed out. With some scopes, when you dial out parallax the scope will actually appear out of focus. If you have adjusted the fine focus ocular lens adjustment properly and have parallax properly adjusted for the distance and the image is still out of focus then there is something wrong with your scope and you will need to talk to the scope manufacturer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They usually only are correct as marked on any brand if the diopter is set at -0-, and rarely then.
</div></div>

This is correct, the parallax settings will not be exact if you have set your eyepiece to anything other than 0 diopter.
John III