• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parallax on NF Atacr

heathtx

I Hit some, I miss some
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
I mounted a new NF ATACR 7-35 today and set up the eyepiece adjustment by the book. I had to adjust the eyepiece about 1/4" CCW (several turns) for everything to be crisp.

I then started to dryfire on some features around the neighborhood.

The problem I have is that (when the target is in focus) the parallax knob indicates significantly different distance than what the target actually is. When the target is in focus, the parallax indicates about 150 to 160 yards, yet the distance is really 220 yards, a pretty significant difference.

The NF manual says the parallax yardage is not to be used for ranging, but I thin kit should be closer than what it is.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thank you in advance

I mounted a new NF ATACR 7-35 today and set up the eyepiece adjustment by the book. I had to adjust the eyepiece about 1/4" CCW (several turns) for everything to be crisp.

The problem I have is that (when the target is in focus) the parallax knob indicates significantly different distance than what the target actually is. When the target is in focus, the parallax indicates about 150 to 160 yards, yet the distance is really 220 yards, a pretty significant difference.

The NF manual says the parallax yardage is not to be used for ranging, but I thin kit should be closer than what it is.

Thank you in advance
Don’t worry about it. It’s perfectly normal. That’s well within the margin of error

EVERY scope I've ever owned... the distance markings have not matched up.

No biggie as it's what my eyes tell me that I trust, not the numbers on the side of a dial.
Same

They should make the turret resettable like the others. So people that like it can tune it a bit if they choose

I personally don’t care and only may use it as a reference to get close. But I know others get bothered by it more

Reactions: YotaEer and st1650
This is why I like my parallax knobs without yardage markers. Just a line or triangle like the one on the TT. I wish my ZCO was like that, just something to give my cortex some peace.

But for parallax, if it looks best…that’s what shoots best.

Reactions: YotaEer and st1650
Same. That’s why I prefer a parallax knob that just show min to max instead of yard distance as these have never lined up.
This is why I like my parallax knobs without yardage markers. Just a line or triangle like the one on the TT. I wish my ZCO was like that, just something to give my cortex some peace.

But for parallax, if it looks best…that’s what shoots best.

None my atacr line up with focus to the parallax yardage. They don't even have yardage on the nx8 parallax knobs.

Thank you in advance
If you don't have the scope properly focused, the parallax adjustment may be in error. From this website:
1) Set to Max Power
2) Parallax set to Infinity (this is very important)
3) Point it at a solid, light background like a white wall or blue sky. You don't want anything except a solid, light color to look at.
4) Start from the diopter all the way into the occular and rotate out.

Don't stare into the optic, open and close your eye as you adjust such that you have no more than about 1 second open, 4-5s closed.

The parallax knob values are arbitrary and meaningless. Don't worry about what they say.

I have the same issue as OP, same deal Atacr 7-35 set the ocular by the book or at least by everyone’s book but for me at 100 yards parallax knob must be set at 75 meters no biggie there but anything 600-1300yds parallax knob is set at 300 meters anything past that and picture is out of focus. I have checked for parallax freedom at these ranges and it all seems fine no reticle bounce even set at 300 yards and scope is tracking fine, Hawkins rings set at 20 inch pounds (spec is 25). I mean it doesn’t seem to be an issue performance wise but it is a bit annoying to my OCD, any ideas? I do wear corrective lenses but that has never been an issue before.

Paint dots of colors. I have one at 100yds. Target at 400, twist. Target at 6, might not touch it. Farther, twist more. My NSX does not seem very picky. It’s SFP.

do the head bob to confirm along with focus, the numbers get you in the ballpark... if its off too much send it in?
Doing the head bob method I see no movement so it does seem to be parallax free. But yea when shooting at a target at 550yd parallax is set at around 150-200 meters anything farther than that it’s set at 300-400 meters. Targets at 650, 800, 900, 960, 1000, 1100, 1250 and 1334 yards all come in good focus at 300-400 meter line and as mentioned doing the head bob there is no movement. It’s just strange but seems to be working fine.

There's a reason the nxs and nx8 scopes don't have yardage written on them! The only manufacturers who's yardage markings actually seem to line up close to distance, is kahles and zco.

Reactions: Islas82
There's a reason the nxs and nx8 scopes don't have yardage written on them! The only manufacturers who's yardage markings actually seem to line up close to distance, is kahles and zco.
I agree my ZCO was dead on, just to be clear this is an ATACR and it does have the numbers on it (in meters)

I agree my ZCO was dead on, just to be clear this is an ATACR and it does have the numbers on it (in meters)
My atacr 5-25x56 is same even shooting 1k yards my parallax is never over 300y. They should just leave the numbers off.

Reactions: Islas82
My ATACR are the same way, numbers are way off. Annoying if I look at the dial.
I have a Horus 5-20 that the parallax numbers are perfect.
My NXS only has lines, no numbers, but is great.
I guess as long as is correcting parallax it’s a non issue just kinda gay. Glad to hear that other people experienced the same thing, I hope this also helped the OP.