• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Paranormal Activity

Re: Paranormal Activity

Saw it sunday night, 3 yrs after the incident happined..... It was kinda scary but not really.

DO NOT.... I REPEAT, DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS MOVIE.

I love scary movies... Especially ones that could possibly be true... but this was one of the worst I've ever seen. I'd rather re-watch the Blair Witch Project.

I don't have an opinion regarding paranormal phenomena, but as for the footage out there, I classify most of it right down there with Blair Witch. I think it takes a special kinda person...

an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back...<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000">WORST MOVIE EVER!</span></span> and comes with free motion sickness, bring a barf bag lol

Speaking of Blair Witch..the most overrated pos ever shot for the silver screen...

It only works in a packed movie theater...group experience.

it was not half as bad as BWP.

Think about the movie from a financial/technical standpoint. It wasn't bad for the money/time invested:

-consumer video camera
-3 actors
-a house
-a PC
-mazda miata
-some fishing line
-Ouija game
-zippo lighter fluid
-baby powder
....that's it

they atleast could have used a hot chick.

ehhh... unique flick that was pretty fun to watch at home with the ol' lady. it's not a great film nor is it intended to be. despite a few annoying spots, it has it's moments and is a good excuse to keep your girl close to you.

if you're the kind of person that doesn't take stuff too seriously and wants to see a "scary" movie that is a little different, this is worth checking out <span style="font-weight: bold">ONCE</span> on dvd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hannibal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, not even a bare breast to help it along.

Han </div></div>

Seriously, all those bedroom/bathroom scenes and sweater meat you'd think the director could've had at least one flop out and make our pain slightly more tolerable, lol

While the movie was alright at best I was very impressed by the production side of it. Four actors, one camera, one location and a $10,000.00 budget. I'm a production accountant and I've kept books on $100+ million movies that had a much smaller profit margin. Just an accountant's POV.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While the movie was alright at best I was very impressed by the production side of it. Four actors, one camera, one location and a $10,000.00 budget. I'm a production accountant and I've kept books on $100+ million movies that had a much smaller profit margin. Just an accountant's POV.</div></div>

now that must be an interesting job...I think I would go crazy thinking of all that money spent on a crappy Hollywood movie and you just now it isn't going to make any money.

Now that must be an interesting job...I think I would go crazy thinking of all that money spent on a crappy Hollywood movie and you just now it isn't going to make any money. [/quote]

Yeah, it can be interesting. On one production we spent $72m ($20m to the actor) and it made just under $28m at the box office. The logistics involved is pretty crazy too. Transporting and housing a crew on location is very complicated and expensive. I wish I had the skills to talk a studio into investing millions into a script. That's show biz....

yes, pretty much sucked ass! Last 5 minutes was best, but don't know if it was the action or anticipation of ending the misery that was this movie

Now, granted I'm halfway through a bottle of Glenlivet and burning a stogie at the same time, but I had a good time watching this flick. I like the paranormal/ghost shows anyway so this was the kind of suspense stuff that I usually go for.

I think the demonic shit is always way scarier than the other bullshit people pass as horror. This one wasn't that bad, though I wished I'd seen it in a theater. Not a bad rental overall.

The only scary movies I like are the ones with demons. I liked this one! hahahaha, the footsteps in the powder...

I'm telling you guys, get tanked off your ass first, and this movie is way more fun. Skip the beer, hit the whiskey.

Was this movie supposed to be a comedy? ...cause i laughed. I'm usually a puss when it comes to SCARY movies...(maybe i shouldn't write this...)