• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Pard Thermal Scope???

autorotate19

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2013
Oregon
I currently have a Steiner C35 thermal clip on that I really like but right now the limiting factory for me is not being able to range at night without buying an expensive weapon mounted rangefinder. I was looking at the Pard Thermal Scopes that come with rangefinder built in with ballistics. Anyone have any experience with them and what are your thoughts? Any input or ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

I just finished testing 5 different LRF thermals including the Nvision XRF, Super Yoter 50 LRF, Pulsar Thermion 2 XG50 LRF, PARD SA62 LRF and PARD TS36 LRF. PARD thermals (especially their weapon sights) look great on paper but do not test as well as many of the others. I included my contact information in a PM if you would like to talk more in depth about the PARD thermals or other options.

You can find some SICO range finders for ok prices. Just throwing that out there.

The units you're comparing the Pard's to are 2.5 times the price or more. Any reason you can't give open opinions on a forum? Do you get units for free?

I just finished testing 5 different LRF thermals including the Nvision XRF, Super Yoter 50 LRF, Pulsar Thermion 2 XG50 LRF, PARD SA62 LRF and PARD TS36 LRF. PARD thermals (especially their weapon sights) look great on paper but do not test as well as many of the others. I included my contact information in a PM if you would like to talk more in depth about the PARD thermals or other options.
Have you tested one of the NV007SP-LRF rear add-on system? I was thinking this would be a great option for not having the image quality degraded by the magnification on your optic, because it's looking through the rear (ocular) of the scope, not being magnified from the objective like a traditional forward clip-on.

The units you're comparing the Pard's to are 2.5 times the price or more. Any reason you can't give open opinions on a forum? Do you get units for free?
You are correct the N-Vision XRF is about 2.5 times the price. However, Bering Optics thermals are much closer in price with Pulsar kind of falling in the middle. When I tested these 5 LRF scopes, I tested them on 10 major categories. Price was definitely one of them. For this category, Pard scored very high.

To answer your question, I was provided units to test from all the companies at no charge. I, of course, had to return them in like new condition, or I have to pay for them. We were looking to add Pard potentially to our lineup as we already carry Pulsar, N-Vision, and Bering. Pard was very eager to be included in the testing. That was until I showed them the test results and the video evidence supporting it.

Some of the categories the Pard thermals scored lower were in rangefinder distance, image quality, ease of use, warranty and accuracy in comparison to the other brands and models. There isn't one thermal that works best for everyone. This is why I test many different thermals from many different companies. If you would like to contact me, I will happily discuss what thermal or thermals may work for you. Those type of discussions are much better suited for offline discussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS
I get it. However based on you sayin Pards products are sub par, most would lean against buying one and have no idea why. Side by side video data is all that makes sense to me to be fair and unbiased. Hiw do they compare to the wraith thermal or the Rix leap or the ATN Thor LT as these are all similarly priced.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
I get it. However based on you sayin Pards products are sub par, most would lean against buying one and have no idea why. Side by side video data is all that makes sense to me to be fair and unbiased. Hiw do they compare to the wraith thermal or the Rix leap or the ATN Thor LT as these are all similarly priced.
Videos are often a very poor comparison as compression rates, video resolution, video quality etc can vary so much unless recorded via the eyepiece. Pard requested I not show the side by side comparisons.

I have not tested the Wraith, RIX, or ATN thermals.

Last edited:
That makes sense if the manufacturer requested it. Do you do YouTube reviews or have a website for comparisons?

Here are some reviews of the other scopes. Since Pard asked to be removed, I did not post a review.

N-Vision Halo XRF
Pulsar Thermion 2 XG50 LRF
Bering Optics Super Yoter LRF

If anyone would like to discuss how they compare to each other, please send me a PM, and we can dig into your needs and which of these models or others would work best for you.

I post a weekly video called the Kirsch Chronicles. A new episode posts every Sunday night at 8PM.

Here are some reviews of the other scopes. Since Pard asked to be removed, I did not post a review.

N-Vision Halo XRF
Pulsar Thermion 2 XG50 LRF
Bering Optics Super Yoter LRF

If anyone would like to discuss how they compare to each other, please send me a PM, and we can dig into your needs and which of these models or others would work best for you.

I post a weekly video called the Kirsch Chronicles. A new episode posts every Sunday night at 8PM.

What do you think about the ballistic calculator in the pulsar compared to the custom reticle maker in the super yoter? It would’ve been nice if the coyote distances were marked in the pulsar video as well. Image at similar distance between the two?

Also can you tell me how the image in the super yoter LRF compares to the image in the super yoter C V2?

What do you think about the ballistic calculator in the pulsar compared to the custom reticle maker in the super yoter?
The ballistic calculator feature on the Pulsar was recently released. When I was doing my testing, it wasn't available. This is a tough one. The best answer would be both. You can make as many custom reticles as you want with the Bering LRF. It is an awesome feature. It can be for different calibers and/or loads. It is also a FFP style reticle so the spacing stays consistent as you zoom. With that said, the ranges will be whatever you set. So, if you have a 400 and 450 yard dot/mark and the range is 425, on the Pulsar ballistic app, it would give you the exact spot vs just splitting the difference between lines on the Bering. On the other hand, the LRF on the Bering is much stronger than on the Thermion 2 I tested. The ballistic application doesn't help you if you can't get a range reading. I didn't have issues getting readings when in areas with lots of hills, etc. However, in wide-open, flat fields, the Pulsar struggled getting a range in comparison to the Bering LRF. I would lean towards the Bering due to the more powerful LRF.

It would’ve been nice if the coyote distances were marked in the pulsar video as well. Image at similar distance between the two?
The reason the yardages weren't showing is when the Pulsar video was done, there wasn't an option to shoot with the main reticle and display yardages at the same time. You had to shoot with PIP to see yardages. This video was done early this summer before there was a firmware update to fix that. On the 2nd coyote stand, I did go back and show the ranges of all the shots by using the rangefinder after the fact.

Also can you tell me how the image in the super yoter LRF compares to the image in the super yoter C V2?
This is going to be very dependent on the glass scope used. I have tested every Bering thermal they have released in the last 5 years with the exception of the Super Yoter C V2 (just called Super Yoter C now). I tested the V1 (called Super Yoter C Universal). We sell around 100 to 1 stand-alone Bering thermals vs clip-ons, so it hasn't been a high priority to test.

I don't like to guess but hear from other people the new Super Yoter C has a very, very good image. Since it can use the optical zoom of the day glass-scope, I would have to guess the clarity in the upper optical zoom range is going to be at a slight advantage in comparison to the stand-alone SY LRF. Clip-Ons tend to work best with lower powered day scopes, so the SY LRF with the ability to zoom to 24x and have PIP at 48x is going to give it a run at long range as well. I have shot a coyote at 576 yards with the SY LRF, so it is no slouch at long-range applications. I personally prefer the stand-alone scopes for my style of hunting vs clip on. After using the SY LRF a lot this hunting season, I would have a hard time to go with any of the SY C unless you have a day rifle with an awesome LPVO style scope, and you only have one gun and don't want to swap optics. The LRF is so good on the Bering LRFs, I would choose it personally, which I did.

Reactions: Jnull
As the OP was about Pard, if others have questions on my review or other thermals, please send me a message, and I would be happy to answer your questions.

As the OP was about Pard, if others have questions on my review or other thermals, please send me a message, and I would be happy to answer your questions.
I never got a response as to whether you have or have not tested a Pard NV007SP-LRF

I have not.
Do you think there's any chance they might send you one to try? I'm curious to know your thoughts. You have a lot more experience in this arena than most.

Also, have you tested the Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini 2-16x32? If so, curious as to your thoughts, as PSA has them on sale for only $450 right now ($750 list).

Do you think there's any chance they might send you one to try? I'm curious to know your thoughts. You have a lot more experience in this arena than most.

I highly doubt it since my first reviews were not very glowing, and they didn’t seem to have a lot of interest in my feedback.

Also, have you tested the Sightmark Wraith 4K Mini 2-16x32? If so, curious as to your thoughts, as PSA has them on sale for only $450 right now ($750 list).
I have used the Sightmark Wraith max 4K a lot, but mainly for daytime hunting. I like it. One of our customers has been using the mini and seems to like it, but that is all the information that I have.

I would contact the dealer you want to buy the product from.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
I highly doubt it since my first reviews were not very glowing, and they didn’t seem to have a lot of interest in my feedback.

I have used the Sightmark Wraith max 4K a lot, but mainly for daytime hunting. I like it. One of our customers has been using the mini and seems to like it, but that is all the information that I have.

I would contact the dealer you want to buy the product from.
Well, for that sales price, I ordered the Wraith 4K Mini 2-16x32. I figured it might do well on my 10/22 for day & night critters, if I decide not to put it on a centerfire. And if I don’t like it, I could always sell it later and probably recoup most, maybe all, of my money. I’m curious to see how it compares to my AGM Neith DS32-4MP.