• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parker Solar Probe

Happy to help.

And that Saturn launch was 100% bad ass, hard not to get a little lost watching something like that!

Reactions: Jim Out
"At 40 miles high, it's still accelerating"

Holy shit..........

40 miles = 240,000 feet, remember that rocket trajectory is expressed in nautical miles.

Reactions: Bender
Where the Bosun's mate touched you???

Ah hahaha aha...

The astronomy in the original post is great. Thanks for posting PM.

As a NASA alumni, I love this stuff!!!

There were still a few Apollo alums when I was there. And they said that watching a Saturn V launch made the Shuttle look like a bottle rocket. I wish I'd seen one!

But the Atlas and the heavy lift vehicles are pretty cool!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Your awesome.

I did post the wrong video because I got mesmerized watching that Bad ass Multiple Saturn 5 created some pain upon that launch pad.

That is one of the most god damned machines ever created....I've seen a number of Saturn V videos but this one was awesomeness

There were still a few Apollo alums when I was there. And they said that watching a Saturn V launch made the Shuttle look like a bottle rocket. I wish I'd seen one!

But the Atlas and the heavy lift vehicles are pretty cool!

Cheers,

Sirhr

I attended a morning launch of the shuttle from across the river it was cool. I also had a base pass for the shuttles first night launch. We were real close I think 3 miles is what it was. When that thing lit it went from night to day real quick. It was awesome. I still remember the helio flying by the crowd with a guy with a rifle in the open door right before the launch. It was a sight to see. I too wish I had seen a Saturn launch.

Back then we did impossible things. Now we can't even secure our own borders. I blame it on some of the greatest generation. It was their kids that started this crap.

Dad worked on them in the 60's, was awesome to witness the testing.

Any day that includes the "Ur anus" joke is a banner day in my life.

Bravo sir for not succumbing to the crushing grip of a humorless society.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Wifes work worked on this....

Looks like a fine tuned launch.

That ship has a long trip ahead of it.

Hopefully it returns some good research.

I liked this even though it wasn’t the clip you intended to play.

Either way, as I said to my son just now, “Well, I could give a flying F about manifest destiny, but am absolutely enthralled by human exploration of space. If it wasn't meant to be, then we are probably doomed.”

I liked this even though it wasn’t the clip you intended to play.

Either way, as I said to my son just now, “Well, I could give a flying F about manifest destiny, but am absolutely enthralled by human exploration of space. If it wasn't meant to be, then we are probably doomed.”

That is one serious unleashing of hell watching those engines go to work......

Reactions: lash
Who's got the marshmallows?

Getting closer....

Up close view of Venus...

1614262907884.png

Reactions: lash
Silly buggers. The earth if flat, the sun is close and NASA lies. Really, I saw it on the interwebs. :ROFLMAO:

Some of the stuff NASA posts is just freaking awesome. I cannot wait for the Webb telescope data, should put the Hubble to shame.

Reactions: 308pirate
Badass.

My wife's late grandpa designed the electrical system of the lunar landing module.

Never had the opportunity to meet him, I bet he had some really cool stories.

Reactions: brianf and Dirty D