• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Parralax change effects zero???

madav8r

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
I was at the range with my savage .223 with a burris tach 6.5-20x50. I had it zeroed at 100 yd at 20x and the parralax set at 150. I then zoomed out to 10 x sense thats what i usualy shoot at. I the decided to move the parralax at 100 instead of 150 sense i was shootin at 100. It then started hitting 1-2 in hight and to the right. Can zooming and adjusting parralax effect the zero like that. Thanks for the input.

Re: Parralax change effects zero???

I've never experienced that.....

Although it your setting is 150 when shooting 100; maybe there's an eye issue? Scope issue?

I had originally zeroed it at 100 with parralax at 150 and power of 20x when i zoomed out and changed parralax too 100 it changed the zero. Maybe i should have it profesionaly remounted so i know its done right...sighh

Yes - both can effect your impact.

If you can lock in your rifle on a rest - get the cross hairs on tiny target and without moving rifle change power setting (it shouldn't move)

? another thing - if there is mirage, the higher magnification may throw the round off, that's why alot of guys dial down magnification if the mirage is bad.