• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing part number for a savage m12 firing pin

Blackhawk95

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
Mississippi
Hello,

Ive got a savage 12 f-class rifle that ive completely rebuilt and have a magnum bolt head for it and cant seem to find the right firing pin. the stock one is just a tad too short and wont hit the primer. anybody got a part number for a firing pin that will work?

Thanks.

Re: part number for a savage m12 firing pin

Thanks for the info,

I have the push feed mag bolt head. the stock firing pins is maybe,.100" too short, i havent measured it.

Ive seen several other people that have converted the single shot action to a magnum but havent really thought of it much till now.

Ill actually have to run the mag bolt head with no ejector as its in an upper location and will not eject the case. thats no problem as it wont eject the 6.5x47 case either.. its too short. I may could modify the ejector though.

you know, with work ive been so busy i just havent had time to reall look things over.

I may get a chance to to take a look tomorrow.

thanks for the idea

It's worth a shot. The firing pin protrusion will need to be set anyway; since you have a new bolthead. It would need to be set with a new pin as well.