• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes PART of the SS family

GGGN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2010
TX,N/E,Houston
I have not had time to pull everything out of the safe to get good photos but this is a part of the SS SWFA family. Also a few of the Shark family as well. Will get some better pics if I ever stop shooting enough to just get some good photos. Will try to get the rest of them together for the next photo.

IMG_0109.jpg

Re: PART of the SS family

Since you have so many different SS, what do you think about the Mil-Quad reticle? The only think holding me back from ordering the 5-20x, is I am not sure how I feel about the Mil-Quad reticle. I HATE the original USMC Mil-dot reticle. This kind of reminds me of it, although a million times better still. It seems like reticles have evolved more and more.

What are everyones thought on the Quad-Mil reticle? Will SWFA be offering more/different reticles in the future?

Oh yea, BTW, awesome family portrait.

I like the mil-quad reticle a lot. I had the 10X and the 10X HD as well, and the mil-quad is definitely nicer. The 5-20X is a very nice scope.

im going to order a ne wfixed mil quad as soon as them come in. never really used the mil quad so going to but a lower end scope and see how i like it before i buy a NF. i have only heard great things from swfa so im going to give them a shot.

Mil-Quad is very usable and Does a great job.I tend to like the EBR-2 a little better for some things, but over all it is great. Vast improvement over mildots. It gives you the feel of mildot with out totally blacking out a smaller target. Not to busy but still has a lot of places to get your mil reading. Scope is very repeatable and has great glass. Eye box is great as well.

Don't tease me with all your goodies. You have some nice things and wish i had neighbors like you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't tease me with all your goodies. You have some nice things and wish i had neighbors like you.
</div></div>

Thanks not to many guys around here are into custom rifle but there are a few, and many still think suppressor are a no-no. So every range session is a learning session for other shooters. I don't mind as the more we can help each other the stronger we become. We have to help our fellow shooters.

I hear ya their. I started shooting when i was about 8 and joined a rifle and pistol club in my mid 20,s. I am 47 now and i have to say the people their and the 1,s i met over the years are the best bunch of people i have ever been around. They are all like a bunch of brothers to me. We have reloading classes their to teach people and just about any type of shooting matches you can think of. All sanctioned and regular matches are open to the public when they have them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not had time to pull everything out of the safe to get good photos but this is a part of the SS SWFA family. Also a few of the Shark family as well. Will get some better pics if I ever stop shooting enough to just get some good photos. Will try to get the rest of them together for the next photo.

IMG_0109.jpg
</div></div>

I am assuming I am looking at a couple 3-9x42's in there among the 5-20's. I just bought a 5-20 and I am very happy with it so far.

How does the glass quality compare between these two? Do you notice a difference?

Nice collection btw!

Glass in the 5 x20 is better IMHO but both are good and I have used both to shoot LR. Yes there is a few 3 x 9's I Have not mounted all the 5 x20's as some I have loaned to a buddy and some are waiting on some builds in the making. As well as some that are just happy with 3x9

That is brand loyalty!!! Cool. For those of us where it is just not practical to drop $3-4K on a scope, the SS Line is awesome. I went over all scopes with a fine tooth comb before I bought my first SS 5x20, then bought another a month or so later. Nice to have a source for dependable, affordable scopes. Here are mine:

IMG_8611-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunt4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is brand loyalty!!! Cool. For those of us where it is just not practical to drop $3-4K on a scope, the SS Line is awesome. I went over all scopes with a fine tooth comb before I bought my first SS 5x20, then bought another a month or so later. Nice to have a source for dependable, affordable scopes. Here are mine:

IMG_8611-1.jpg

</div></div>

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty, but does have plenty to do with a great optic. If you make a great product at a fair price, and have good customer service you get my money. But this scope had better glass than many scopes I looked through and the eye box / eye relief was many times better than many other. Many jumped ship to get one of the new elite's and they made a few dollars on me and I saved a few dollars and saved on the tax.

You have some nice rifle as well.

GGN,

Nice family photo. When you are ready for a new member of the famly holler at me and remind me of your family photo.
Wink.gif

[email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GGN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunt4life</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is brand loyalty!!! Cool. For those of us where it is just not practical to drop $3-4K on a scope, the SS Line is awesome. I went over all scopes with a fine tooth comb before I bought my first SS 5x20, then bought another a month or so later. Nice to have a source for dependable, affordable scopes. Here are mine:

IMG_8611-1.jpg

</div></div>

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty, but does have plenty to do with a great optic. If you make a great product at a fair price, and have good customer service you get my money. But this scope had better glass than many scopes I looked through and the eye box / eye relief was many times better than many other. Many jumped ship to get one of the new elite's and they made a few dollars on me and I saved a few dollars and saved on the tax.

You have some nice rifle as well. </div></div>

When you look at all the Features and Benefits, they offer strong overall value.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GGN,

Nice family photo. When you are ready for a new member of the famly holler at me and remind me of your family photo.
Wink.gif

[email protected] </div></div>

Will do as I have four more builds in progress And I am very happy thus far and the scopes always perform great. Will get some better pics for you to use soon.

Agree with all the praise on the SS 5-20. Received my first last week, plan to order another.

037.jpg

Non illuminated model with TPS low rings.

Nice to see a company that designs a product to meet the needs and wants of it customers. Form and function at it's finest.

Nice rifle. After spending 100's on bc caps I said not anymore. Every one is broke and now I need to find some bikini covers. Had a friend that I had told to pick one up after waiting for months and hearing of the prob. with the bushy he got the non ill. model I mounted it up for him last.

I had an ar in 260 get blown off the table from someone shooting my 50(table next to the 50) and bounced on the cement right on the windage knob. Picked it up and shot it. Never a prob. Still tracks true every time. They are built like a tank.