• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parts Bin Rifle

Hawk in WY

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2013
Jackson Hole, WY
What was once a Defiance Rebel in a McMillan Hunters Edge stock LA with BDL inlet with a number 3 contour barrel chambered in 300 WM from I think a well known barrel manufacturer is now something else.

What have left is the stock, the barrel, and the BDL box and spring. No bottom metal. No action.

I have a CDG LA action on order and a spare Hawkins Hunter LA bottom metal in stock

I want to turn these parts into a rifle. No preferences as to caliber. A light weight 300 WM would be fine.

The Defiance Rebel is now priced out of the alternatives.

What’s my best alternative?

I have a long action CDG on order.

The stock I have is cut for BDL bottom metal which will not work with the CDG. I have the box, spring, and follower, but no BDL floor plate. BDL floor plates are available for around $200 which makes the Origin idea a good one.

This is kind of the heart of my question. I could have the stock recut for M5 bottom metal at a small cost, buy new bottom metal, and then run AICS mags or better yet AW. Total cost maybe $350 and I could use the CDG. I would want three to five round magazines. Not sure how much modification would be need to the stock built for the Rebel to be modified to fit the CDG.

That leaves me with the barrel which I don't know can be rethreaded for the CDG action or any action other than the Rebel it was threaded for initially.

The easy button would be another Rebel action plus a replacement floor plate. Pricing for the Rebel makes this a non-starter.

open-top Mausingfield then