• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Parts off to APA for first custom build!

SLUHstud

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Called APA today to discuss when I should send my parts in for the 308 ar10 they are going to be building for me and to my surprise I was told my barrel blank was delivered today and they were ready for the rest of my parts. Boxing them all up and shipping them off as soon as I get home.

I can't wait to get this build done, heard such great stuff about the guys at APA and so far I can say they have been a pleasure to deal with. Parts for the build are broughton barrel blank, urx rail system, mega upper and lower, Dpms bolt, babc for the flash hider. Not sure on optics yet, thinking primer 3-15 or nightforce, but still undecided.

Will post photos when back. Infidel from underground skunkworks should be here soon too... good first custom rifles I think.

Pat

Re: Parts off to APA for first custom build!

Should be a sweet shooting gun! What is the time frame on her?

Damn Krieger needs to hurry up and send mine!!!

Congrats! I'm having APA build me one too!

M1 how long have you been waiting on krieger? I dunno if the stars aligned or what for me but my broughton came within 1.5 months of order. The guys at APA were surprized as could be.

It was actually pretty funny, I called in today and Mark answered. I told him my name and said I am having a rifle built by you and I got a barrel on order, his response was "yes you sure do, i was just getting ready to call you. Your barrel is here"

I feel kinda bad as some guys have been waiting since the beggining of the year for stuff and mine shows up like magic.

As far as turn around time Jered told me around 30 days to 45 days once parts are in hand. . .so i dunno. I wont hold my breath but the wait is gona kill me lol.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M1 how long have you been waiting on krieger? I dunno if the stars aligned or what for me but my broughton came within 1.5 months of order. The guys at APA were surprized as could be.

It was actually pretty funny, I called in today and Mark answered. I told him my name and said I am having a rifle built by you and I got a barrel on order, his response was "yes you sure do, i was just getting ready to call you. Your barrel is here"

I feel kinda bad as some guys have been waiting since the beggining of the year for stuff and mine shows up like magic.

As far as turn around time Jered told me around 30 days to 45 days once parts are in hand. . .so i dunno. I wont hold my breath but the wait is gona kill me lol.

Pat </div></div>

It's been a little over 2 months I think. My Noveske upper arrived at APA so I did get some good news too! Now I just need them to get more SBR lower receivers in stock!

It sounds like you and I are doing very similar builds. I am building it around a Mega upper and lower that I got on the groupbuy here.

Here is my complete build list:

Mega upper and lower
Daniel defense 12" rail and barrel nut
Timney trigger
DPMS buffer spring
Heavy buffer
AAC 51T muzzle break
PRI Low Profile Adjustable Gas Block
PRI gas buster charging handle
DPMS lower parts kit
PRS stock (black)
DPMS gas tube
Hogue grip
Harris S-BRM bipod
Bipod Lock
YHM Swivel stud rail adapter
Krieger Match Grade SS Barrel
BAT barrel extension
Bolt carrier group
Nightforce F1 MLR
Badger ordanance extra high rings

I got the URX used off of AR15.com a awhile back. Got that and the M110 gas block as well. I am trying to do an M110 clone of sorts i guess you could say. . . but not 100%

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got the URX used off of AR15.com a awhile back. Got that and the M110 gas block as well. I am trying to do an M110 clone of sorts i guess you could say. . . but not 100%

Pat</div></div>

Same thing here, sorta a M110 or MK11. Just got a M110 scope mount off of Arf.com. Waiting on a M110 barrel from Krieger. And need to find a scope and the rail. Good luck with the rest of your build!

Angry-

Same to you man! I have the KAC mount as well, but honestly I dont know how much I like it. Luckily I got it for a steal off ebay, and yes its the real deal not a knock off lol.

I think I am going with an OBR mount from LaRue that I just got for an equally good deal. I know Larue isnt a favorite around here but his mounts havent failed me yet, and I like the levers instead of nuts for tightening. Personal opinion really.

As far as the krieger barrel you will love it, I have one on my mk12mod1 clone. Its from compass lake and ion bond coating. . .work of art.

The only reason I did not go with krieger for this barrel was the fact that the M110 barrel they have is not the correct profile, its alot heavier. I already had the KAC m110 gas block and it couldnt be made to work with the krieger barrel and since the gas block cost more than the barrel would have I figured I better use it lol.

Parts for this will go off tuesday to APA. I realized i didnt have the bcg yet for it so I ordered that today and had it express shipped.

Photos to follow when i get it back!

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Called APA today to discuss when I should send my parts in for the 308 ar10 they are going to be building for me and to my surprise I was told my barrel blank was delivered today and they were ready for the rest of my parts. Boxing them all up and shipping them off as soon as I get home.

I can't wait to get this build done, heard such great stuff about the guys at APA and so far I can say they have been a pleasure to deal with. Parts for the build are broughton barrel blank, urx rail system, mega upper and lower, Dpms bolt, babc for the flash hider. Not sure on optics yet, thinking primer 3-15 or nightforce, but still undecided.

Will post photos when back. Infidel from underground skunkworks should be here soon too... good first custom rifles I think.

Pat </div></div>

Congratulations Pat. I had APA build a bolt gun for me about 2 years ago. All I can say is Jered and staff are the best of the best. You will not be dissapointed when the finished product appears. APA built rifles are high functional art.

Jason

Hey guys, question for you all. Just got the parts all boxed up to send out and waiting for the bolt group to get here. I am going back and forth about which comp/flash hider to put on this gun still. Its going to be a m110 style as i mentioned, but again parts here and there are changed, so not like it is a direct clone.

The parts list is
-Mega MaTen reciever set
-Seirra Precision grip
-Geissele SSA-E trigger
-Norgan Ambi Mag Catch
-A1 Stock (Thinking about seeing if APA can put flush cups in)
-Seirra precision adjustable Butt pad
-Broughton 20inch barrel
-BAT barrel extension
-KAC mk11/m110 gasblock
-URX timed to upper by Marvin
-dpms bolt
-armalight buffer
-Larue OBR mount
-Atlas v8 bipod
-Nightforce 3-15*56

Only part I cant decide on is muzzle topper. . . .choices are battle comp BABC, PWS fsc30, and standard A2 style. I cant decide which will be both functionally best and look nice. Any opinions? I already have all of these devices on hand, just cant pick which to put in the box. I want to go with the BABC personally as I think it will look the nicest, but then i guess i figured the recoil reduction of the PWS fsc30 would be nice . . .so I dunno.

Pat

PS it will be coated in dark earth, taupe, cyote . . .whatever u wana call the kac m110 color.

Pat,

It depends on what you plan to do with the rifle. If it were me, I'd chose none. Just bells and whistles if you ask me. If you plan to shoot competition or just recreational shoot with it then I'd not bother.

Jason

I had considered not putting anything on it, but I need to get it threaded for usage with my can anyways, so until that get in I would figure a brake can't hurt. decided to go with the babc until thunderbeast can gets here

pat