• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pasquotank PR Shootout, NC ** PICS ARE LOADED****

flatlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
Here is the link to the pics

PPRS Pics

Video Thank you from Kimber

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsda4b4k6nA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nsda4b4k6nA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<span style="color: #FF6600"> <span style="font-size: 17pt"> </span> [color:#000099] </span> <span style="color: #000099"> </span> <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Pasquotank Precision Rifle Shootout</span></span>

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">
May 22, 2010

Match begins 9 AM

Event location : Elizabeth City, NC </span></span>
<span style="color: #993300"><span style="font-weight: bold">Actual street address for event is 988 four mile desert rd, Hertford,NC</span></span>

This will be the first match of it’s kind in NE North Carolina with proceeds going to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. A very worthy cause supporting Children with this terrible disease. The event will be held on a private farm in Parkville, NC .
Rain or shine

This event will be a Pistol and Rifle match divided into 6 stages spread out over 1 mile course of fire with competitors shooting in teams of 2.
So now is the time to find a friend that shoots, or knock the dust and snow off your shooting partner and get ready. If you can’t move very fast not to worry, vehicles will be moving the teams from stages where the distance is greater than 300 yards. Round count for rifle will be at a minimum 30, pistol 30 minimum. All shooters of all skill and age levels welcome.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">UPDATE- I've had several ask about not having a shooting partner, so I'm planning on adding a lone shooter group for individual competitors
</span></span>

After match is over we will have a $5 cookout for dinner. Hotdogs,Hamburgers and Brats

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Course of Fire and Targets</span></span></span>:

The main form of targets will be steel with only 3 targets being paper. All steel rifle targets will not be smaller than 2 MOA or larger than 4 MOA. Distances will be from 3 yards to 800 yards. Use of range finders is prohibited. The match will be run using Golf course timing with a team starting every 8-10 mins. So we will not have squading.

<span style="font-weight: bold">There will be an Sub-Machine Gun component(MG and Ammo already supplied) to the match for both team members to clear their shootinglane for rifle shots.</span>

Depending on the stage, shots will be taken from hides, adverse angles, weak hand, standing, prone,walking, inside vehicles, through vehicles. One stage will have KIMs target.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Equipment:</span></span></span>

This match will be a 2 gun match : Pistol and Scoped Rifle required.

Rifle calibers must be 223 to 300 WM.

Pistol calibers must be 9mm or larger .

Rifle must be equipped with sling

Pistols must have holsters that won’t allow them to fall out during movement.

Spotting scope – useful but not required

Good pack to carry gear, once the match starts all competitors will need to have all gear on person. The walk back to your car will be appx 1 mile.

Hydration

snacks

Appropriate clothing for weather and walking

Eye and Ear protection

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Scoring.</span></span></span>

For Rifle, shots must be called by each team member to RO prior to taking shot

Pistol- no shot calling required.

Each stage will be timed depending on complexity.

Rifle – First round hit 10 points

Second round hit 5

No more than 2 rounds per target

Time will be verbalized during the stage by the RO. Any shot after the time expires will result in a 3 point penalty per shot taken.

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Safety rules.</span></span></span>

NRA rules apply for weapon handling

No AP, Tracer, steel core or incendary rounds allowed

Poor weapon handling and dropping of firearms is automatic DISQUALIFICATION

Movement between stages will require an unloaded rifle and pistol.

More details involving safety will occur the day of the match.

***********************************************************************************************************

Considering this is a fund raising event, we are working on getting a prize table established and will recognize any sponsor that donates something to the table.

Prize Table
2 One Day Certificates for Precision Rifle Training with John Boyette at his Facilities (Thanks John)

Impact Data Books

LV Targets

BIG DOG Steel targets

GA PRECISION

Elizabeth City is appx 1 hr's drive from the Beautiful Outer Banks of NC, so plan a weekend at the beach for the non shooters in the family and come join us for a fun time shooting and competing.

New sponsor for the event that I'd like to personally thank

<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">Bass Services and Rentals Hertford, NC</span></span>

Hyman and Robey Surveying, Camden, NC

<span style="color: #000099"> </span> <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">Cost : $40 per shooter

Slots available: <span style="text-decoration: line-through">30 shooters </span></span></span> <span style="color: #990000"><span style="font-weight: bold">We are now officially full. In the event I don't receive funds by March 31st, I might have a couple more open</span></span>ings.

To enter please send email to

[email protected] and you will be sent registration information.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through"> </span>

Re: Pasquotank PR Shootout, Eliz City,NC MAY 22, 2010

Todd,

count me in please check your PM's

Guys, this is a GREAT event. I would go if you can make it.

John

John, if im still around up here come May, you need a partner?

I am going to help RSO, you should talk to Glen
smile.gif

John

Looks like I know what I'm doing that weekend. Sounds like a great time.

Looking good so far, Not quite half way filled. I've got the US Army coming, USCG representing, but no USMC or USAF yet.

Hmmm I wonder why ?

TB

Re: Pasquotank PR Shootout, Eliz City,NC MAY 22,

15 shooters have signed up so far. Looking to fill the match to support a great cause.

Thanks

Todd

I saw in the rules that rifle calibers are to be from .223 to .300 WM, this might be a stupid question but are .308's allowed? Also I have a laser designator on my Glock 21c (pistol), is this allowed or will I have to remove it? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NateCF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw in the rules that rifle calibers are to be from .223 to .300 WM, this might be a stupid question but are .308's allowed? Also I have a laser designator on my Glock 21c (pistol), is this allowed or will I have to remove it? Thanks. </div></div>

from .223 to .300 WM, this means, .223 is the smallest, 300WM is the largest. So .308 falls in the lower to mid category of this range.

John

John's correct on the rifles. 223s all the way to 300 Win Mag. If someone feel froggy with their 270 or 7mm, jump on in.

Pistols, min 9mm caliber. I don't care if it's compensated, laser designated, scoped with the hubbell sitting on top. My ONLY concern is the retention of the pistol during the movement. It falls out, too bad so sad. You just became a spectator. So that in itself limits the USPSA shooters with the high speed holsters.

Todd

We've got 15 shooters registered. Mostly teams a couple of singles. Looking for a max capacity of 30 shooters.

Todd

Looks it's a party now, The Marines just signed up

You have a box for the prize table on the way!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a box for the prize table on the way!!

</div></div>

You Rock. I'm sure the winners will enjoy their prizes

Thanks for the support

Email sent to see if still open. Need two spots if available.

Thanks for the info. At least two old, out-of-shape, vets will be stink'n it up for the fun and for the learning experience. I strong-armed my shooting bud and am making him go. I explained that we can't let lack of half decent equipment, poor physical conditioning, bad eyesight, and mediocre shooting skills keep us down. I give great pep-talks.
laugh.gif

Uhhh ... about that tower, though: is there like ... an elevator or something?
frown.gif

Got you down. According to my math, you should be filling out the list. Unless I don't receive money by the March 31, there will be several more openings.

Thanks

Todd

flatlander,

This week I will know my days off and I will send them to you and others so I will be able to tell you if I can make it our not.

Thanks

John

Three weeks away. Bump.

I'm riding down from Boone on Friday. My partner was re-tasked so I'm shooting stag but my wife is riding shotgun for moral support.

Some last minute updates,

If your rifle is fitted with a back up red dot, you can use it. All optics are allowed, just no laser range finders.

Reminder, safety is paramount, so in case anyone is thinking about bringing their latest USPSA race gun, remember rentention is a must.

We will have T-shirts for sale, they are being finished this week.

Looks like it's going to be a great turnout.

Todd

Just an update on rounds to bring.
At least 50 rifle, and 50 pistol.

Went down and tried cleaning all the snakes out of the area the other day. Little success, cause they kept coming back. Did manage to get the attn of a black bear so my suggestion, if you got to take a leak in the woods, please pay attention.

In the event you get a rattler, extra points will be awarded and he will be grilled.

Todd

My buddy just left me...so i've got an extra bed at the days inn elizabeth city. If anyone wants a rackmate let me know, got it for about $74/night including taxes. I'll see yall saturday, i think it should be nice weather too by the way!

I have a room at the Super 8 in Edenton for Friday night if anyone needs a place to throw down a fart sack. I should be checking in around 7:00PM.

Ahhhh, I'm just now reading this thread...somebody let me know about the next match in NC!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ahhhh, I'm just now reading this thread...somebody let me know about the next match in NC!
smile.gif
</div></div>

next one is June 12th....JST Match in Fremont/Kenly

The match was great. I really appreciate the opportunity to have shot it. I had to leave before I saw the results, nonetheless was impressed with the profesionalism, kindness, and expertise of the shooters. I have not shot in a match in five years and that was in the BR venue. Man I have alot to learn about riflemanship.

Todd, Madigan was really greatful for the rifle you let him borrow.

Thanks For a Great Event and a renewed intrest in shooting.

I had to jet before the awards, too, so the babysitter didn't smoke my checkbook. It was an awesome shoot. All my goals were met ... I Learned a ton, didn't finish last, and wasn't That Guy. Though the unsupported/canted station made me feel like it.
blush.gif

Thanks Todd! Had a blast!

Flks who missed out on this shoot missed a good one.

Lots of good shooters there and a great location as well.

Thanks to all who spent time putting this on, and if this does become an annual event then go ahead and count me in for next year.

Did anyone get the finishing order? Like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams? I had to blast before finding out.

1st- Was one of the SOTIC Teams
2nd- Coast Guard Team
3rd- Team from Atl GA
4th- Myself and Glenn

IIRC

The Match was a great one, many thanks to everyone who put the time and effort into setting the match up and running it. The COF was challenging and fun. Todd thankyou again for doing this, if this becomes a yearly thing count me in as well. To the 2 SOTIC guys that won, they worked extremely well as a team and congrats to you two. Also i want to thank everyone who worked behind the scenes, making the food, shuttling teams to and from stages of fire, and also the sponsors of the prize table. LV Steel, Big Dog Steel, Impact Data Books, GA Precision, IMT training. Thankyou again to everyone who made this match possible and put the hard work in.

I intended to get these to the participants immediately following the match, but I didn't get out of the field until most folks were already gone.

Stage 6:
Timed UKD
Target distances:
1: 250 Yards (Small Yellow IPSC Hanging Target)
2: 500 Yards (MGM Flasher)
3: 556 Yards (Small Yellow IPSC Hanging Target)
4: 761 Yards (Far Left Larue Sniper Target)
5: 701 Yards (Far Right Larue Sniper Target)
6: 791 Yards (Center Larue Sniper Target)

* If anyone needs any additional info, please shoot me a PM.

I haven't had a chance to do much of an AAR with Todd and the other ROs, but I think everything went pretty well.
Hopefully this will become an annual event.

Thank you to all that came out!

First off I want to thank all the participants and sponsors for the event. Alot of great shooting occured, and from all accounts fun was had by all. From this event total including entry fees, shirt sales,and food over $1700 was raised for the Cystic Fibrosis foundation.

My Daughter Kimber who suffers from CF was in the hospital all week prior to the shoot, and I can tell you when she laid there holding back the tears from pain, if we began to talk about the shoot coming up and how we had to get her well and out before Saturday, she would put the pain aside and start concentrating on getting better.

I've run matches before, but I can tell you this one was by far the largest. We had 30 shooters and probably 20+ specatators. The air crews in the USCG C-130's doing fly-by's didn't count.

I'm compiling the 150+ pics I have so I will post them soon. If anyone else has pics plz feel free to post.

So here is the finishing order

1. Chance & Kevin
2. Pat & Josh
3. Jeff & Scott
4. Glenn & Austin
5. Darrell & John M
6. Edward & Rick
7. Charles & Kevin
8. John S & Mark Cantin
9. Mark S &
10. Bob & Peter
11. Phil & Jeremy
12. Humphrey & Jolen
13. Alan & Faron
DNF Mark, Dylan, Ken, John M

Again I'd like to our Prize donors and sponsors

IMT training http://marksmanshiptraining.com/
Impact Data Books http://www.impactdatabooks.com/
Big Dog Steel Targets http://bigdogsteel.com/
LV Targets http://www.lvsteeltargets.com/
GA Precision http://www.gaprecision.net/

Sponsors:
Eddie Hyman w Hyman & Robey http://www.hymanrobey.com/
Bass Services and Rentals http://bass-rentals.com/

Again thanks for everyone's support and helping to make the first PPRS match a success.

Best Regards

Todd

To Kimber:
First of all my Prayers are with you, for you and for all the other young girls and boys who are fighting right beside you. Your Mom and Dad were "fantastic" hosts as were you and your RO Team. I had a blast and would love to do this again if you can talk your Dad into it. The only stipulation is you have to be Range Master.

For the rest of you:
Fantastic shooting and shooters. I really enjoyed watching Austin make the bonus shot even though he chose not to call it
frown.gif

I learned a lot talking and with you guys and look forward to seeing you on a range somewhere soon.

Hump Hayes

Guys,

I am glad it was a great match and for my boys Glen and that Marine Deadly
smile.gif
great show, great show!!!! Wish I could of made it but I had to work.

Hope to see some of you soon with the coupons I gave out.

John

Faron and I had a great time at the shoot. The range officers were outstanding, the stages offered a great variety of scenarios that made it even more fun.

Kimber is a fantastic girl (she reminds me of my 2 daughters: smart, confident, funny.) I am sure she is a treasure to your family Todd, and it was an honor to be part of a fundraiser for CF.

This was my second shoot (Did Juniper Swamp this winter). The other shooters are some of the best people I have met in any sport. For those that pull a trigger in their job, I am sure that their commitment to excellence and passion for the craft will help them face-shoot more scumbags and keep their teammates and innocents alive. It is an honor to shoot with you as a civilian.

Faron and I were the recipients of the J. Boyette training certs and we are looking forward to tapping into his wisdom to improve. We have some gear issues to resolve before we can book the training. Really looking forward to it though and thanks to you and all the sponsors of this event.

Alan

Sir,
I hear of your event this week and it came recommended. If you run it again in 2011 I would appreciate a heads up..
Thank you.

Re: Pasquotank PR Shootout, NC ** PICS ARE LOADED****

Are there anything in the works about doing the match again this year?

I was just thinking about this today-Todd are you doing this event again this year?

Also, how is Kimber doing?

Faron

Hey Guys,

Thanks for asking about the match and Kimber. Knock on wood, since May Kimber has only had one visit to the hospital for a days worth of testing.

As for the match, i'm working on getting some dates locked in. Problem is all the land is on a working crop farm and since the farm land is leased I have to work around and time accordingly with the farmer and the crops he's planting and when we'd have a match.

I've run through several dates and plan on doing something no other match has had before. But all that depends on the farmers schedule.

Last May was perfect, WX was nice and turn out was awesome. We raised alot of money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation which was more than anyone could have asked for.

If I could get the one large field cleared as a drop zone we'd could really have a good time.

Todd

It will fall between March and May which is when the winter Wheat gets cut.

I will add you to the mailer.

Thanks for your interest

Todd