• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Passing of an old friend...

JRose

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2007
Back in BHam!!!
Just learned of Will Adams' passing this morning. Will was a good egg, and was the first person to reach out to me when I was a fresh noob wanting to know about this LR game. He, without knowing me other than a small chat on a web forum, offered me his rifle and ammo to shoot a HardRock match.

I drove out to Opelika and was quite intimidated to be shooting a match out to 1000y with never shooting a rifle past 100y before. Will took the time to explain everything to me, and spot me during the match.

If I remember correctly I think I finished slightly better than middle of the pack of .308 shooters, and the hook was set.

Will was a kooky old man, and I thoroughly enjoyed BS sessions with him at HR. although I don't shoot much anymore, I take for granted sometimes the good friends I rarely see much anymore, naively thinking they'll always be around. With the passing of Gene, and now Will, HR will definitely have a different feel the next time I get out there...

RIP Will. You were a good man.

Jason

seems that, among the best ways to not be forgotten, can be having teached something to the right people_
as this guy has helped/supported you on LR, his memory will be alive until you will shoot or transmit his effort to others_
if allowed,don't quit_
respects_

Will was a great guy, and we'll miss him. I've sent a couple of emails to the HR mailing list, but if anyone was with the SF out of HSV or Ft. Lewis in the late 70s or 80s and needs info, please tell them to send me a PM. His MOS was not SF, but he deployed with them. I don't know any of his military buddies.

Thanks,
DocB

Will was a great guy, always with a smile a laugh and an open hand. Although it's been way too long since I've seen him, I'll never forget him. HR is a great bunch and Wil was a prime example.

Will, I say this with love and respect.

WAR EAGLE!!!