• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot Arms 7WSM DONE!!!!

Bacarrat

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Other then a minor magazine issue that I have already fixed. I am loving it!!!

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

It shoots with minimal load testing. 66gr RL25 180gr Bergers .010 in the lands.

Parts list
    Stiller Tac 30 Short Action
    Broughton 1:9twist 7.5 contour, finished at 26"
    Manners T2A stock finished in FDE, 14.5 LOP
    Badger M5 Magazine system with AICS mags
    Harris BRMS with Podloc Bipod
    TAB Gear Sling (not pictured)
    Stiller 20MOA base
    Stiller Recoil Lug
    Badger Alloy High rings
    Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS with the NPR1 reticle, it's too much scope for me - I will most likely will be switching this scope out to a FFP scope
    All metal is finished in Ceracoate Black
    Storm Case cut to fit for the rifle.

Only other mods will probably be a camo paint on the stock and a suppressor.

Re: Patriot Arms 7WSM DONE!!!!

I have a lot of RL25. Will try a couple of pounds of H1000 if I can find some locally. I also have some Federal 210M and Wolf LRM primers. Haven't opened up the Wolfs yet. But I am dying to.

My 7/300WSM hated the F210M's and F215's. 66.0 RL-25, WLR's and 180 Berger's +.015" in shot good but, when I tried H1000 in it lit by the CCIBR2's, no comparison. 69.0 is my load but, work up from 66.0 I know yours is a 7 WSM but, there’s very little difference. That load produces a velocity of 2,959 fps in my rifle. 2" groups at 600 yards.

I have a couple of more loads to test out. I started at 64.5 and worked my way up until in .5 increments until 66grs. Also worked up 66.2 and 66.4grs and didn't shoot too well, but still under MOA at 300 yards. I might go a little hotter to see how well they pan out.

Great looking set up! what do you think of the terry cross cheek piece?

I like how you can pretty much set it to any height and lock it down. I am not sure about the others, but I think they are preset adjustments you have to go by.

ive got the same terry cross hardware on my new GAP .338LM. i really like it. pull the cheek piece out of the stock and adjust the snap ring on the rear stud to your correct height.(the slotted stud) it will drop back in to the correct height each time.

kudos to terry!! good engineering!!

Sweet rifle,glad to hear its shooting good for you. What range was the target shot at? Too bad the weather here has crapped out with rain for the next couple days.

It was at 100, the first day after I got it. I was so excited to get it, I had to shoot it. lol Took it to 300 yesterday to zero the scope out. I really want to get out this weekend but it looks like it's going to rain.

Yeah looks like we wont be hitting the 600-1000yd line till next weekend.damn.

Sweet setup! I talked with jered about one simiular. Was thinking about a Surgeon WSM action. What do you think about the Stiller?

For the money, I think it's hard to beat the Stiller. It's still a little tight since it's new, quickly trying to work in the action. It did have to be opened up a little to handle the longer WSM cases.

Thats why im thinking the surgeon. Cost a little more to start with but are ready to go for the WSM. Plus I like the machined in rail and reciol lug.

That looks awesome. I want one now. This is the only bad thing about looking at other people's rifles. It makes you just want to have one.
    May be it will be my next year's project.

Nice rifle. I had PAI put together a 7mm08 on the same stock last summer. I love my Terry Cross cheek piece. Once you get it set you can take it on and off 1000 times and it is alway the same. You can also play with the slide slots and adjust it side to side or angle it one way or the other to get the best fit. Gotta love the Manners Stocks Too. Brock