• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot gun safes: I need to hear what you think

Hubbard

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2008
Colleyville, TX
I am interested in a Patriot gun safe. I am just interested to hear what owners have to say about them.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Patriot gun safes: I need to hear what you think

I have one and really like it. I bought the LEO series 2 hour safe just to play it safe as you never know when your place might burn down.

It has two light in it, a top shelf and then you can set up shelves on eother side to put stuff on if you want to. I have my long guns on one side, mags holster and other stff on the shelves and my pistols on the top shelf.

Really strong and does not take up a lot of space which is good as military housing is not know for having a lot of room in them.

Thanks for the info. I am interested in the same one. Thanks for your service

Hubbard

Hey no problem. I know when I was talking to them about a safe the sales people were very helpfull and they still send me emails here and there to see if I need anything and to check on how the safe is working out for me.

Consider Amsec. They are best RSC in my opinion. I own 2 of them. Thick steel, filled with concrete, very difficult to cut / pry.....I looked at Patriot, Liberty, Fort Knox, and graffunders.. Graffunders are true safes, but crazy expensive. Out of the rest, i thought the most secure was the Amsec

I think most of them are crazy expensive, but then again if your guns get stolen...

I am still looking for more feedback if there are any Patriot safe owners out there.

Thanks,

Hubbard

Do you have specific comments you're looking for? I have a Cannon gun safe, same company, and it's a great safe.

Gun safes are fairly simple for the most part. It's a matter of matching what you need size and security wise with your budget. I don't concern myself with interior lights, pretty graphics or fancy finishes. I also don't need a safe with 6 locking bolts on each side or 2 hour fire protection. I'm in a good neighborhood in the suburbs, we neighbors look for each other, fire department is 1/2 a mile away, and I have a home security system too. If I lived more remote, I would buy a safe with more protection.

They fill up pretty quick, so get the largest safe you can afford. My wife gets a whole shelf for the valuable jewelry and such too, and I lock up pretty much everything firearms including ammunition, so I'm getting another safe just for ammo. It will be another one from that same company.

Whatever you get, bolt it to the floor if it is on the ground level of your home and protect the interior from humidity if you're in a damp area.

i have a patroit that i have had for several years....no problems but i keep my wife away from it

I own one, love it. Heavy and looks impossible to break into. I would advise getting the biggest you can afford because they do fill up fast.

Some safes achieve their fireproofing by stacking layers of drywall between the inner and outer shells.

My safe would be a small 'safe-room' with multilayer drywall construction, containing lockable steel gun cabinets lag-bolted to the studs. Nobody's gonna take my room anywhere, and getting the cabinets open or loose would be a chore.

I can build it myself, and the costs are easier for me to deal with. I don't have to move it if I move elsewhere, and I can convert any closet into another safe-room once I get there.

Greg

I have owned an LEO collector model and it has been fantastic. Finish is great and it's solid with a 2 hour fire rating at much higher temp than a house fire even burns.

Awesome guys thanks for the info. I just ordered the LEO collector model to replace my smaller cannon safe.

Hubbard