• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot Safes: Buy at own risk

Re: DONT BUY A PATRIOT SAFE!!!

You have to state the reason your bashing a company, give the reason or quit your bitching.

Give specific details or everyone on here is going to bash you pretty badly. I don't listen to people that say "this company sucks" type of stuff either. I'm not saying whatever your complaint is isn't legitamate, I'm just letting you know that if you don't give details you might want to put on some fire gear. The first thing that's going to happen is your going to get 15 people who own this product saying they have a great experiences and are going to wonder what the hell your problem is.

yea, I think I will need a little more input other than don't buy from this company. I have a Patriot for my second safe and I had no issues with the safe or their customer service. It was a decent price, delivered on time, and it works well. So, what do have...spell it out Hubbard.

You need to at least give some details or the thread will be deleted.

You wouldn't like anyone here to post: "Don't do business with Hubbard" without any details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to at least give some details or the thread will be deleted.

You wouldn't like anyone here to post: "Don't do business with Hubbard" without any details. </div></div>

Don't do business with JASONK! I'll give details if I have to, but just trust me on this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to at least give some details or the thread will be deleted.

You wouldn't like anyone here to post: "Don't do business with Hubbard" without any details. </div></div>

Don't do business with JASONK! I'll give details if I have to, but just trust me on this one. </div></div>

Well played sir

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to at least give some details or the thread will be deleted.

Don't do business with JASONK! I'll give details if I have to, but just trust me on this one.</div></div>

Did my wife put you up to this! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to at least give some details or the thread will be deleted.

Don't do business with JASONK! I'll give details if I have to, but just trust me on this one.</div></div>

Did my wife put you up to this! LOL </div></div>

Hahaha no actually my wife

Here's a few reasons...

1. The safe was delivered a month past the date promised.
2. The safe came chipped
3. The safes handle felt as it it would fall off after a few times of using it
4. The interior lighting system did not even shut off when the door was shut, because they mounted the switch in the wrong place.
5. The keypad was well over 1/8'' out of level and it is only about 8'' long
6. The interiors are laid out poorly (ie. there is no cut out in the top shelf for long barrels)
7. They include pistol pouches that have about a 1/2'' of velcro to hold them to the door. They cannot even support the weight of an unloaded Glock 27, let alone a 1911
8. When I called to tell them of all these problems, the guy said that this happens all the time, not to worry. Well, when you wait over 2 months for something and you need it for security, it sucks to hear that this is a common occurrence.

All in all the safe itself was not too bad (ie- the body and construction), but patriot adds all these little features to make the consumer think that they are getting a great deal when in fact all the little stuff is done poorly at best.

Hubbard

Say what you want, this is what happened to me, so take it for what it is worth. The fact is that better safes, in terms of safety and reliability, can be had at better prices.

Ok, with all that being said, what did they say when you called them about this situation? Now, see if their customer service will make it right. If they don't - Flame on all you want.

I am sure that some of you have had good experiences with this company. If you have I'm happy for you. I wish it would have worked out for me too. I just want others to know that finding a safe locally vs. buying it online is most likely a safer bet in terms of inspecting the quality.

Hubbard

The customer service seems to be okay so far. However it often seems that who I need to talk to is out of the office or busy. They just seem unorganized and a bit unprofessional on the phone too.

This is the exact reason I bought my safe locally. I wanted to see it with my own two eyes. I think posts like this are good to hear from a consumer stand point.

Interesting, the picture looks quality enough. Let us know what CS says and does about it!

That is the reason that I went to the mfgr and talked safe and safe construction. Left with a safe in the back of my truck.

I checked them out myself since I live around the corner and I agree, not the best bang for the buck, plenty of other choices out there for safes and remember... you get what you pay for! For that price range I would by a Canon or Liberty before a Patriot Safe but I actually have an AMSEC, hands down one of the best on the market.

all I have to say is go amsec or liberty and be done with it.

I am very happy with my Security Products Safe!
I've had it for years through many wonderful PCS's.

The movers hate me!

If you intend to buy a safe for security don't buy a model with the electronic key pad they actually make it easier to break into
grin.gif

Hold on, let me get this straight...so you buy a safe, it shows up i shitty, you bitch during the time you are talking to customer service to get it sorted out? You havent given them a full chance and you are on a forum bashing them? Hmmmmm. How about lets calm down a bit and wait for the issue to resolved either positively or negatively and we can go from there.

Regarding jasonk.....he is safe with your daughters but keep him away from butt stock pouches..guy is like a ninja in the for sale section

If the safe came chipped, why did you accept the shipment? Aren't you supposed to inspect it before you sign for it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hubbard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a few reasons...

1. The safe was delivered a month past the date promised.
2. The safe came chipped
3. The safes handle felt as it it would fall off after a few times of using it
4. The interior lighting system did not even shut off when the door was shut, because they mounted the switch in the wrong place.
5. The keypad was well over 1/8'' out of level and it is only about 8'' long
6. The interiors are laid out poorly (ie. there is no cut out in the top shelf for long barrels)
7. They include pistol pouches that have about a 1/2'' of velcro to hold them to the door. They cannot even support the weight of an unloaded Glock 27, let alone a 1911
8. When I called to tell them of all these problems, the guy said that this happens all the time, not to worry. Well, when you wait over 2 months for something and you need it for security, it sucks to hear that this is a common occurrence.

All in all the safe itself was not too bad (ie- the body and construction), but patriot adds all these little features to make the consumer think that they are getting a great deal when in fact all the little stuff is done poorly at best.

Hubbard

Say what you want, this is what happened to me, so take it for what it is worth. The fact is that better safes, in terms of safety and reliability, can be had at better prices. </div></div>

I would say I am calm. The only thing left unresolved at the time of my comments was my refund. Which also came late. I was not trying to bash the comapny. This thread was aimed at being a strong warning to save others the hassel and dissappointment that I had to deal with. As far as not accepting the delivery due to the chip, I was not home when they dropped it off. However, the chip was the least of my worries. I was planning on touching it up with car paint. It was the other things like the lights being improperly installed, the keypad being crooked, and the handle being loose that really turned me off. These are attributes that should have been discovered before the ssafe left.

Again take this for what it is worth. If you want to be awed by the glossy paint and seemingly good prices, you can take a gamble on the company. I just think that money can be spent more wisely on other safes.

So you're right, lets get this straight... I am just offering an opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hubbard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fact is that <span style="font-weight: bold">better safes</span>, in terms of safety and reliability, <span style="font-weight: bold">can be had at better prices</span>. </div></div>

I'm in the market for a new safe. Which ones would be better?

In the market also, thanks for the heads up.

If your looking for a safe try a company called Rhino Metals in Caldwell Idaho. They produce a quality safe at a fair price. If you need more info send me a pm and I'll help you make contact.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your looking for a safe try a company called Rhino Metals in Caldwell Idaho. They produce a quality safe at a fair price. If you need more info send me a pm and I'll help you make contact. </div></div>

Lets compare a Rhino Safe:

http://www.rhinosafe.com/rhinogunsafes.html Model 5942
Weight: 1035 lbs.
Rifle Capacity: 39 rifles
Dimensions: 59 x 42 x 26 (HxWxD)
<span style="font-weight: bold">PRICE</span>: $2329 - shipped to your door

To a Winchester Safe:

http://winchestersafes.com/western-series/ Model Western 34
Weight: 820 lbs.
Rifle Capacity: 45 rifles
Dimensions: 59 x 40 x 27 (HxWxD)
<span style="font-weight: bold">PRICE</span>: $1187 - shipped to your door.

If you compare the features, both are quite similar from what is listed on their web pages for their security features. Does the Rhino really provide $1000 more worth of security? Obviously some safes are going to be better than others, but lets be realistic - we want to get the best bang for our buck, right?

That's what most guys are searching for. Obviously if money was no object then we'd all have concrete rooms, lined with steel walls and bank vault doors, but that isn't realistic. So, keeping that in mind - still looking for the best bang for the buck.

Between the two above, I would be hard pressed to pick the Rhino over the Winchester due to their close similarities in build and the huge gap in price.

FWIW, my experience with Patriot Safes was the exact opposite. My BIL even ordered a safe from them and had a good experience. I hope they make it right, we havent had to use their customer service yet.

Im a huge fan on Cannon Safes. I have one of their large safes and it has never failed me. and I could care less about paint chips, its for storing my firearms not to look pretty!
laugh.gif
Plus you can hide those chips up with some of your favorite firearms stickers, gives it personality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im a huge fan on Cannon Safes. </div></div>

My safe is also a Cannon. I have been very pleased with it.

I have a Heritage 50 gun safe which is one of the best safes I was able to get for my money at the time. I've had my Heritage for about six years.......Then I needed a smaller 24-30 gun safe to house my M1 Garand collection. About two years ago I purchased a Patriot 24 gun safe. They upgraded my package to include more fire protection i.e... Document Protection. I paid more for this safe than I did for my Heritage way back. The Patriot is nice but not as put together as my Heritage. If I had to do it again for a 2nd safe I would have gotten another Heritage. I did my homework when first looking for safes and others I liked and would have bought include: Liberty, Cannon, Rhino, Pentagon and Fort Knox. However, there is a lot of other off brand and/or local safe companies making great safes for a lot less money as some of the big name companies. PAT.

Now "copy" the details of your complaint and put it in the first thread, please.

Go bigger then you think you need. You will be surprised how fast it fills up.

Also, take a look at Oxbow Safes. They are top notch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sdkidaho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you compare the features, both are quite similar from what is listed on their web pages for their security features. Does the Rhino really provide $1000 more worth of security? Obviously some safes are going to be better than others, but lets be realistic - we want to get the best bang for our buck, right?

So, keeping that in mind - still looking for the best bang for the buck.

. </div></div>

Include Heritage safes in your search, They are also an Idaho company. http://www.heritagesafe.com

When comparing safes don't forget to look at the steel thickness in the sides and door not just overall thickness or weight.
The Winchester safe you linked has 12 gauge body construction or 0.1046" thick and the Rino safe is 10 gauge carbon steel or 0.1345 thick.

Sheet Metal Thickness Gauge:
http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/scales/sheetmetal.html

I have a Security Products Safe from Waco TX.
I have had it for about 9 years now, the Golden rod and lighting system works great still. I am very pleased with the safe and the service (they delivered it to me when I was stationed at Fort Hood.