• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot valley turn time

Forward543

Dude
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Idaho
Anybody have experience with patriot valley's turn time? I ordered an rpr barrel and was curious. I am having difficulty getting any replies from them, I assume it is from being really busy.

I work with Josh a lot, he is still in the middle of moving his shop to a new location. I'll let him know you are trying to get ahold of him. Standby...

@Forward543 please email [email protected]
I've been in the middle of moving the shop and dealing with some problemmatic vendors with the machine move, tooling supplier etc.
Jeremy has been working on keeping the small parts shipping for things like brakes, mag kits, chassis, etc. We got the first job through the Haas lathe in the new shop this morning. I just finished it and took it off to Fedex. We've also been absolutely slammed with emails for questions, order changes on Hancocks, etc so it's been a near full time job just to keep up with emails let alone accomplish much else.

@Forward543 please email [email protected]
I've been in the middle of moving the shop and dealing with some problemmatic vendors with the machine move, tooling supplier etc.
Jeremy has been working on keeping the small parts shipping for things like brakes, mag kits, chassis, etc. We got the first job through the Haas lathe in the new shop this morning. I just finished it and took it off to Fedex. We've also been absolutely slammed with emails for questions, order changes on Hancocks, etc so it's been a near full time job just to keep up with emails let alone accomplish much else.
Thank you.

Yeah, I'm waiting on a barrel myself. Shop moves are a pain (and never go as smoothly as expected), so I kind of figured there would be a delay in turn around time. Shrug. It is what it is...screaming ain't going to make it happen faster, so I'm just sitting back and being patient. Completely understandable.

I'm in the same boat. I had two rifles go back in late November for feed ramp issues, and I'm still waiting on them. Can't seem to get in touch with Josh by email now....

I would have loved for my remage to have been here but at the same time it’s a blessing... I won’t let myself buy anything until I get the last thing sorted out.

Reactions: Wags
Yeah, I'm waiting on a barrel myself. Shop moves are a pain (and never go as smoothly as expected), so I kind of figured there would be a delay in turn around time. Shrug. It is what it is...screaming ain't going to make it happen faster, so I'm just sitting back and being patient. Completely understandable.

So we have at least two Jarheads waiting on a barrel. My Bighorn TL-3 keeps looking at my Kelbly. I swear I heard it singing, if I only had a barrel. ;)

Reactions: MarinePMI
Hey guys, I've been helping Josh with everything full time for the last month or so and part time for a year prior. Some of you have probably gotten emails from me or even spoken to me on the phone. I'm going to be handling 95% of the comms moving forward so if you need something feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

We have been getting a ton of emails a day, probably close to 60-70 most days through the website. On top of that Josh gets another 50 or so through his email account. It's hard for me do anything right now other than that.

We have been putting in long days, 70-80 hour weeks, with the shop move and I commute an hour and half each way so my days are even longer. I completely understand anyone's frustration but I've been trying to return emails in a timely fashion along with helping with the move, scheduling, ordering, inventory, shipping....you get it.

Even today I find out the SSL certificate expired because of a server issue on our hosting site late yesterday so I spent an hour this morning sorting that out and then got dropped with 88 emails I'm trying to return. Not trying to make excuses but I want to let you all know that the machines are back up and running, the shop is organized, things are moving forward and I personally am looking very forward to catching up quickly with all of this backlog and moving on.

I come from a hospitality background and I'm also a shooter. I worked on some very exclusive golf courses and resorts prior to this and nothing is more important to me than good customer service. I don't even know if I should say this but if I didn't reply within 24 hours please send it again, I might have overlooked it. I probably just dug my own grave with that one but you're not going to hurt my feelings and I'm here for you guys.

On top of all that we have a nice new Samsung SL-1500M twin spindle, live tool lathe sitting in our shop that makes me want to drool. Those guys are coming by the end of the week and the sooner we can get that going the faster we can double production.

We really appreciate everyone's business and are looking forward to grow from this and giving you guys better products and services in the future.

Jeremy

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been helping Josh with everything full time for the last month or so and part time for a year prior. Some of you have probably gotten emails from me or even spoken to me on the phone. I'm going to be handling 95% of the comms moving forward so if you need something feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

We have been getting a ton of emails a day, probably close to 60-70 most days through the website. On top of that Josh gets another 50 or so through his email account. It's hard for me do anything right now other than that.

We have been putting in long days, 70-80 hour weeks, with the shop move and I commute an hour and half each way so my days are even longer. I completely understand anyone's frustration but I've been trying to return emails in a timely fashion along with helping with the move, scheduling, ordering, inventory, shipping....you get it.

Even today I find out the SSL certificate expired because of a server issue on our hosting site late yesterday so I spent an hour this morning sorting that out and then got dropped with 88 emails I'm trying to return. Not trying to make excuses but I want to let you all know that the machines are back up and running, the shop is organized, things are moving forward and I personally am looking very forward to catching up quickly with all of this backlog and moving on.

I come from a hospitality background and I'm also a shooter. I worked on some very exclusive golf courses and resorts prior to this and nothing is more important to me than good customer service. I don't even know if I should say this but if I didn't reply within 24 hours please send it again, I might have overlooked it. I probably just dug my own grave with that one but you're not going to hurt my feelings and I'm here for you guys.

On top of all that we have a nice new Samsung SL-1500M twin spindle, live tool lathe sitting in our shop that makes me want to drool. Those guys are coming by the end of the week and the sooner we can get that going the faster we can double production.

We really appreciate everyone's business and are looking forward to grow from this and giving you guys better products and services in the future.

Jeremy

General updates are always a nice thing :) Just seeing you guys post here is good enough for me, as I wont bother to message or email andvwaste your time. In the end what really matters is product quality, so whatever wait that takes is worth it

General updates are always a nice thing :) Just seeing you guys post here is good enough for me, as I wont bother to message or email andvwaste your time. In the end what really matters is product quality, so whatever wait that takes is worth it

I've been trying to stay ahead of the game lately and even reach out to some of our customers just because of the shop move and wait times. I know what it's like to play the waiting game and sometimes a little goes a long way with keeping guys informed. I certainly can't reach out to everyone but I'm all about building long-term relationships with customers and looking to retain that business in the future.

The end of last week felt great. Our new facility has tremendously improved work flow and we knocked a lot of stuff out already in the short time we've been back up and running. It's almost midnight here and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks for the support guys, we really appreciate it.

That's great news. My BIL's rifle has been in limbo as it was basically done at the end of 2017, and then PVA had a bunch of stuff hit. Last I spoke to Josh everything was finished and the barrel just had to be torqued on and dropped in MPA chassis. This was a couple months ago (rifle going on 9 months), and considering the 5 minutes of (non machining) work needed it'd be great to get this rifle finished. Please check email from me that I sent to you a few days ago. Thanks. Conrad

That's great news. My BIL's rifle has been in limbo as it was basically done at the end of 2017, and then PVA had a bunch of stuff hit. Last I spoke to Josh everything was finished and the barrel just had to be torqued on and dropped in MPA chassis. This was a couple months ago (rifle going on 9 months), and considering the 5 minutes of (non machining) work needed it'd be great to get this rifle finished. Please check email from me that I sent to you a few days ago. Thanks. Conrad
Agreed, excellent news. I've been waiting on tikka barrel order in Sept of 17. Glad they are getting this up and running!

Agreed, excellent news. I've been waiting on tikka barrel order in Sept of 17. Glad they are getting this up and running!

Josh or Jeremy, can you give us a lead time on barrels right now? (TL3 pre-fit in my case). When I ordered recently it was quoted as 4-6 weeks (I know it will vary based on stock, etc.), and I'm kinda expecting at least double that, but if 5-6 months is turnaround right now it would be good to know, can't wait that long.

Thanks for the info.

I've been trying to stay ahead of the game lately and even reach out to some of our customers just because of the shop move and wait times. I know what it's like to play the waiting game and sometimes a little goes a long way with keeping guys informed. I certainly can't reach out to everyone but I'm all about building long-term relationships with customers and looking to retain that business in the future.

The end of last week felt great. Our new facility has tremendously improved work flow and we knocked a lot of stuff out already in the short time we've been back up and running. It's almost midnight here and I'm already looking forward to tomorrow. Thanks for the support guys, we really appreciate it.

I'm sure glad Josh got you on board to help not only in the shop, but here in the threads and emails as well, we all appreciate as customers progress reports and the like. Josh has been present a lot more here recently, which is a great thing as well. Please keep us posted not only on the Hancock rifle, but standing barrel orders as well. Also if any new Nucleus action info comes available on expected orders going out, that would also be great. Thanks again for your commitment and hard work!

No direct info but I'd imagine they'll turn them with the hancock/nucleus BA caliber runs. So 6.5CM with first batch, then 6cm, 6br etc and repeating with 2nd batch and so on. Josh or Jeremy may comment otherwise

YMMV, I Bought an tl3 action back during their group buy, and am still waiting on delivery of it with a barrel

Prior build time for full build was 8 months and rifle shoots great

So we should be caught up with almost anything leftover from 2017 by the end of the week. In fact a lot of stuff has been cut already it just needs engraving and polished. We have been getting in a ton of barrels from Rock Creek which was one of the few saving graces from the shop move....we are pretty stocked up at the moment.

We had the Samsung guys turn on the new lathe on Monday. They were supposed to come back today but now we are getting 12" of snow so not sure if that's going to happen. I for one will not be commuting in...barely made it out last night... but I plan on getting some backend stuff accomplished so we have a better understanding of everything moving forward. Wish I took a pic yesterday before I left but we had about 20 barrels sitting on the table that are chambered and threaded.

I've seen a lot of messages from this thread come through already. If you haven't touched base with me please do. I know yesterday I had to give up on replying to everyone for a little while and get some shipping done but I'm trying to stay on top of things. Like I said before if you don't hear from me within a day send it again.

So we should be caught up with almost anything leftover from 2017 by the end of the week. In fact a lot of stuff has been cut already it just needs engraving and polished. We have been getting in a ton of barrels from Rock Creek which was one of the few saving graces from the shop move....we are pretty stocked up at the moment.

We had the Samsung guys turn on the new lathe on Monday. They were supposed to come back today but now we are getting 12" of snow so not sure if that's going to happen. I for one will not be commuting in...barely made it out last night... but I plan on getting some backend stuff accomplished so we have a better understanding of everything moving forward. Wish I took a pic yesterday before I left but we had about 20 barrels sitting on the table that are chambered and threaded.

I've seen a lot of messages from this thread come through already. If you haven't touched base with me please do. I know yesterday I had to give up on replying to everyone for a little while and get some shipping done but I'm trying to stay on top of things. Like I said before if you don't hear from me within a day send it again.

Any chance you know or could ask Josh what vise and/or bushing he would suggest I use for taking off the t3 lite barrel and what bushing i might need for the new barrel from y'all? IIRC it is a light palma.

YMMV, I Bought an tl3 action back during their group buy, and am still waiting on delivery of it with a barrel

Prior build time for full build was 8 months and rifle shoots great

I'm still waiting for a barreled action too, so you're not the only one.

Hi Guys,
I see you've met Jeremy and I want to say to start that he's been doing a GREAT job working on communications and getting up to speed on things. Jeremy's background is mentioned above but let me reiterate that he's really excellent at customer support. I managed to hire him with a goal towards being able to cut down my workload as a machinist but right now with the goofy weather he's been handling the CS and killing it.

I want to take a minute and set a few things straight, answer some questions publicly and get sorted out a little bit. This may lighten Jeremy's workload a little bit as well but at a minimum you're hearing it from me. The basic premise here is to discuss the past year to 18 months and let folks know more about what's happening around here.

PVA started as a "business" because I like building things. I was building my own rifles, I owned the basic machinery and I missed the days of cutting chips and doing work with my hands. A decade as an engineer in Corporate life provided a comfortable income but it was lacking the environment of creating things as opposed to what I normally did which is to analyze.

In order to keep the household alive I was consulting, building rifles in the spare time. Then buildling rifles started to get busy and consulting all of the sudden turned into a REALLY busy gig. Rifles took a 2nd seat and I tried to balance both. The result was that customers got excellent rifles in a time period longer than I wanted, longer than I quoted and there were some upset folks. I totally understand that. The real saint in this situation was my wife who, while not sharing the dream shared my enthusiasm and believed that if I made a solid go of it then PVA would make an impact and do well. She supported the endeavor in patience time and time again.

Exactly 1 year ago yesterday was my first day as PVA Full Time.
The week that I gave notice to my engineering job I also found out that I had a major heart condition. Those shooters local to me knew about it but we didn't talk much about it. It took several weeks of tests, reduced activity, stressful conversations and ultimatley surgery mid summer 2017. I've been on some meds for a year now and it's corrected now and I'm fully functional (albeit without caffeine, a significant cut back in bourbon and no more cigars...). That alone is enough to make for a heckuva year however I also had a commitment to a customer base that has been largely quite understanding and accomodating.

During that time period Jeremy, one of my friends locally and a shooter/machinist/generally good dude started coming in 1 day a week to help me not fall behind or at least not fall so quicly behind. The business was not in a position to hire someone full time, I wasn't sure I could maintain a salary for him and as much as we both wanted him here full time it was not until recently that there was enough stability that I could accept the risk to have him quit his job.

The heart issue and some other family matters came into play that held me back last year. Most customers got their stuff but much of it was long behind schedule. Not all of the complications and delays were due to personal, there were some serious vendor issues last year that I didn't make a huge public fluff about but most people know about. In several cases I spent time working to help them get back on track so that I could get the things that PVA needed to complete rifles and meet already late commitments. Action and barrel delivery problems, chassis mixup issues, non deliveries of parts that were long back due. It is something that is rather common in the custom industry but compounded with my physical inability to work more than about 60 hours a week for a good portion of last year it has left PVA in a backlogged state. That is my fault. I apologize to the folks who have been waiting as patiently as they have been for some time.

In an effort to differentiate we have put out a number of new products and consulted on a lot of work with people this past year. That took time and the fruits of that time is seen in the new lineup of rifles, barrels, barreled actions, brakes, etc.

Fast forward to right now, here's where we stand.

I've found a place to expand the business into, the space is excellent and it's rapidly becoming functional. This took me 6 months of dedicated looking to find the right location to move the shop. My area is highly populated by Class A office and Medical buildings. Putting a rifle buildling business into one of those is impossible around here.

Next step was Jeremy. He took on a risk to join a business that's having growing pains. He sees the visions and he has taken a lot of responsibility to help me get the train back on the rails. There is a HUGE list of ToDo's that we're working through. The past 6 weeks have been basically:

Jeremy - run the comms and try to cut barrels
Josh - get the shop moved, herd the cats and try not to go postal on a contractor that has delayed/no-showed/dropped the ball again.

The shop is moved, the machines are setup and running again... almost. The new lathe is still being setup and the manual mill needs some attention still but the meat and potatoes machines are working and the output is going well.

The Hancock and Nucleus projects are going well, we're getting the barrels in from Rock Creek weekly and cutting on things again now that the Haas lathe is turning. Jeremy has put together a hit list of old jobs that fell off my plate and the folks waiting for those are being contacted, I'm cutting barrels and working on the stock work, and we are burning down the backlog.

Jeremy and I are also conversing back and forth in the shop about workflow ideas, and he's putting together some needs for at least 1 other person to come on board... perhaps 2 people.

I'm dealing with the machinery and we're looking to get things to where the backlogs are nil, custom work is flowing and we're expanding to keep more stuff vertical inside the business to control it better. This means more machinery, more tooling, more people.

I have spoken to several folks on the phone and explained the issues and apologized for my tardiness on the builds. We strive for excellence in the rifles and we do not want to ship out junk just to make a deadline. That is incredibly important to us that the rifles are right, not just shipped.

Alright, so enough of the novella. I appreciate those who took the time to read this all.
Thank you to the many customers who have been understanding and patient. This growth has been difficult to handle and I feel like we're finally on the right pathway to encapsulate and serve all of our customers better.
A public thank you to Jeremy for his belief in the dream I have for this place. His efforts and influence have been noticeable already and I look forward to see where we are headed.

Any chance you know or could ask Josh what vise and/or bushing he would suggest I use for taking off the t3 lite barrel and what bushing i might need for the new barrel from y'all? IIRC it is a light palma.

I made one for the shop that's 1.150" ID but even then they're on TIGHT.
I take them off with a torque wrench set to 140 ftlbs. When the wrench clicks and the barrel is still stuck tight I stop to avoid the risk of damaging the receiver through putting too much torque into it. I've seen it happen once and I don't want to be buying a guy a new receiver because of an effort to save a junker barrel anyway.

The easy method if you have access to a lathe is to cut a groove about 0.01" in front of the shoulder on the barrel to relive the joint pressure and then it will come off very easily.

I ordered a savage barrel three weeks ago and I’m not too concerned about the time frame. I’m willing to wait some as long as the end result is top quality. From everything I’ve read here on the hide and from Josh’s last post it looks like I made the right decision.

@bohem i think its safe to say we all appreciate someone making an honest effort to provide a good product and life from what we all enjoy. Explaining the situation and being present to attempt to move forward is refreshing and helpful. Thanks for the update and good luck.

Last April I sent Josh an APO chassis and Hawk Hill barrel to complete a build for me. I chose him because I heard he was one of the best.

While the build took much longer than initially anticipated, Josh responded to my emails and spoke with me several times on the phone, even once when he was going through a drive-thru for lunch and once when he was sick and trying to get his kids situated. He was very patient and never seemed in a hurry to hang up. He gave me some great suggestions how to make the build better. I received the rifle (6.5C, Mausingfield action, HH barrel, APO chassis) in December and I couldn't be happier with it.

Having read his post above, I never realized all the difficulties he was facing. I never heard him complain or make excuses. Bottom line: Josh is a classy guy, he loves what he is doing and he is extremely good at it, and whatever work he does for you definitely will be worth the wait! Mine was.

Last edited:
Setting on 16+ weeks on a prefit barrel. Not getting any response via email from anyone at pva for two weeks. I understand they are busy, but starting to be disappointed with missing multiple ship dates and now radio silence. If i could get close to when it might ship then i could just put it on the forget about the order list, not shoot this year, and be suprised when it gets here. None of this was listed on the website when ordering it, i guess its my fault for assuming it would be under six months. At this point im going to order a barrel from someone else and then just wait and see what happens with this one.

Setting on 16+ weeks on a prefit barrel. Not getting any response via email from anyone at pva for two weeks. I understand they are busy, but starting to be disappointed with missing multiple ship dates and now radio silence. If i could get close to when it might ship then i could just put it on the forget about the order list, not shoot this year, and be suprised when it gets here. None of this was listed on the website when ordering it, i guess its my fault for assuming it would be under six months. At this point im going to order a barrel from someone else and then just wait and see what happens with this one.

I just forwarded this over to Jeremy and ask him what's going on with the emails.
I know he's been trying to catch up to all of them as we've had a ton of stuff come in recently asking about Hancock status. He may have missed it.
Please PM me your name and/or Order # so we can get this cleared up for you.

Apparently my order just got swamped with the rest of you hoodlums' hancock orders. Once josh and jeremy found it they updated me and we should be set. I will update with performance when i get it going.

Update: after the wait, i would say worth it. Maybe need to modify the expectation from ordering, but now its going this thing wants to shoot really well. The only issue i have is it wants to shoot real close to the 3150 speed limit. It likes hornady 108s and berger 105s.
Current setup:
26" 6 creedmoor with 150 fb. This is a rpr pre fit. Load- 44.5 reloader 26, cci 200, 2.167 bto, hornady brass. Shooting somewhere under 1/2 moa. Getting groups in the .1-.4 range off a bipod and bag.

Thanks Josh and Jeremy

Not being a dick and not starting an argument, just to promote discussion and transparency. If the backlog is so immense and moving was putting deadlines back even further, why keep taking orders, having sales, specials, etc until backlog is somewhat caught up. I read horror stories of guys waiting on barrels for like a year, etc. I am not a business man but if I was my train of thought would be to not leave my customer with a bad taste in their mouth with the plethora of other options out there. Btw, I have no dog in this hunt just curious

I’m going on 5 weeks waiting for my prefit.

I just saw PVA post they have a 3-5 week lead time on barrels. I hope they arent much longer for you. Been skeptical to ever order from them after waiting 1.3 years for a minuteman.

The only real inconvenience they couldn’t give me an eta and I’m a prs competitor, so it’s a little hindering. Not bashing, but inconvenience due to not knowing when I can star registering, and then there’s load development

The only real inconvenience they couldn’t give me an eta and I’m a prs competitor, so it’s a little hindering. Not bashing, but inconvenience due to not knowing when I can star registering, and then there’s load development
Buy two and when one burns out order another. That way you will always have one in the bag.

Most guys like the finished product. I may order one now while I don’t want one so when I finally do want one it will almost be here.

Reactions: IW21 and Ghost145
Buy two and when one burns out order another. That way you will always have one in the bag.

Most guys like the finished product. I may order one now while I don’t want one so when I finally do want one it will almost be here.

This.
If your waiting for a barrel to shoot PRS you messed up.

I recently ordered a barrel but didn’t go the PV route because I know people are still waiting from long ago.

Reactions: IW21

Asking the customer to spend extra money because the business is still taking orders but can't effectively estimate delivery times, is not entirely reasonable IMHO.

Go to bugholes for barrels. I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from PVA after seeing the JH situation play out.

Asking the customer to spend extra money because the business is still taking orders but can't effectively estimate delivery times, is not entirely reasonable IMHO.

Go to bugholes for barrels. I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from PVA after seeing the JH situation play out.
I was picking on PVA in my post about their lead times.
I was serious about the OP having an extra barrel regardless of which company he uses if he puts enough lead down range. This x2 if it is his only rifle. It is ‘t spending extra money if he will use it.

I was serious about the OP having an extra barrel regardless of which company he uses if he puts enough lead down range. This x2 if it is his only rifle. It is ‘t spending extra money if he will use it.

That’s how I read your post.

Reactions: wade2big
I get what you're saying, but he doesn't get to keep that money. It's tied up in a barrel. And then if/when he sells the gun, he's going to get a fraction of that money back if he sells the barrel.

My only point was that asking the customer to spend extra money to make up for vendor incompetence is unreasonable. If you do it as a matter of general practice regardless of vendor, then that's another situation entirely.

Reactions: wade2big
And as of today pva says another 4-5 guess I’ll kiss the end of prs 2019 bye bye
Man that is truly sad. Was expecting a big improvement from pva after seeing their success and quick delivery from the july 4 sale. Definately loved my experiences with bugholes, SAC, and LRI.

I think there has been a huge improvement. The dog days sale they turned 150 barrels in 6 days. They garunteed to ship them I believe by the 1st of September. Looks like they are still going to meet that. I’m guessing the OP had a barrel that wasn’t/isn’t on the shelf.

Don’t shoot them down if you haven’t seen their recent success on orders. I placed an order on their July sale and got my barre in my hand in two weeks. Actually a little less. They are loving. Let them clear the backlog.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I can appreciate them getting things out the door faster, but it seems like they’re prioritizing the newer orders over those already waiting. Short lead times for new orders, but older orders still wait

Reactions: Wags