• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

pawn shop .308

g.ross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2010
Queen Creek AZ
My local pawn shop has a ss mil-spec 5r with badger base ,bolt knob ,surefire brake and 40x trigger.It appears to be i good shape and the bore looks shiny.Was wonder if 1100 was good price or stear clear thanks

Re: pawn shop .308

That's not bad at all.

However, it's a pawn shop, they've probably got $600 into it.

Talk em down to $900 and it's a steal!
smile.gif

I agree - talk them down a bit if you can. However, even at the asking price, that's still a pretty good deal, IMO.

Good luck! Post pics if you get it.

Jason G.

Yep make them an offer, you can definitely get them down $100-200. Even at $1100 its a decent deal though. $1000 rifle with a $150 base, $100 bolt knob job, and $75ish trigger.

Thanks guys just made me jump. Headed down there now thanks needed a push ,love this site glad there others like me.

Hope it works out well for you! Good luck...

I wish the pawn shops by me had cool items like that!!! I just bought a new 5R and it came out to 1100 with tax, so that deal sounds awesome.

Of course get 'em to knock down the price, give you ammo, a case, and a cleaning kit as the poor fool who sold it probably never bothered to clean it properly.

damn I wish I knew the guy who had it originally, I would of snatched it up.

I think we should hammer him with pms until he posts his results.... I mean really, very rude to leave us hanging like this!

I picked up a savage model 10 fcp at a pawn shop for $300 once just outside of my base in ks . The guy had no clue what it was worth.

I found an old 40x at, of all places, Gander Mountain! It was chambered in 30-06 and was in a McMillan Smear Stock. I went back and forth about it for a few months. One day I walked in and it was marked down to $600!!! Of course I snatched it up. They told me they thought it had been re-barreled since it was a Short Action chambered in 30-06. You would think they would do a little research before making that assumption. It was all original except for the McMillan Smear Stock which was a bonus to me. Only down side was it was a single-shot, but that was to be expected given the caliber. I eventually sold it for a hefty profit but it was one hell of a shooter!

That deal sounds solid. Post pics if you get it!

Stop! My NEW 5R was $1058, here in De. No brake, but, just sayin..308 Now, I don't know what the "upgrades" are worth, but I also don't know the round count. Hmmmmmmm. I like "virgins".

I'm always skeptical of pawn shops...I'm a cop afterall. My suggestion is to have one of your cop friends run it through their crime information unit, or related unit. Just to make sure its not stolen. I know pawn shops are suppose to check items before they put it out, but I know for a fact that doesn't always happen. If you don't know a cop, just ask one they would be more than happy to help. Good luck and if its a clean deal, that's a steal.

Don't leave us hanging....!!! What happen

i love pawn shops last year i picked up a savage mod.12 lrvp in .223 ,scope,bipod they asked 1100.00 i asked what was there cash price they shot back 800 plus tax i counter with 7 100.00 bills and the salesman siad no but the owner saw cash and jumped in with a sold. this year i picked up a savage 110 in 7 mag had a saftey problem that couldnt fix. i got as is for 125 took about 5 minutes to readjust the trigger gruop and bingo got another rifle.

A pawn shop selling weapons must have an ffl...I doubt they would risk selling a stolen rifle

We have a local pawnshop that got shut down for buying and selling stolen firearms and goods. They kept records of their stolen stuff separate from the other stuff. So yeah it happens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drb5r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a local pawnshop that got shut down for buying and selling stolen firearms and goods. They kept records of their stolen stuff separate from the other stuff. So yeah it happens.
</div></div>

So the guys on "Pawn Stars" are crooks?...LMAO Just kidding

Sorry to keep u guys waiting pick it up today.After two days of haggling they took 1000 for it.I had to buy it once i saw the serial# just for the cool factor S6660xxx.Not sure how to post pics yet or if i have enough post .Dont see an option.thanks for all the info on this idea. New to the internet and wold of cybersniping haha. G.W.
url]

Search for it - you have to use the script and use a photo hosting site like photo bucket or whatever.

I'm dying to see this.

Upload the image to photobucket.com or website of your choice then click the image code and paste it in the reply box here.

Got pics up sorry for th wait
url]
url]
[/img] .com/albums/hh481/gwross2/IMAG0114.jpg[/IMG][/img]
IMAG0114.jpg