• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pawnee grasslands info? CO residents

Lucreau

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2017
CO
I'm down in elizabeth and would like to get dope on my rifle out to 1k. Currently only have access to 300yds. I've heard a lot about Pawnee and the opportunity to shoot some pretty good distance, but cant seem to find any locations. I also have the motor vehicle map. Seeing if anyone that has been there could share some info on some spots. I know about the sportsman's club there, but would like to be able to set up paper and walk down range.
I understand most dont want to share their spots, but it is much appreciated. PM works too if you don't want to open post anything.

Pawnee Sportsmans Center is out on the Grasslands, I believe they go out to 1000yds. I'm not sure of any shooting areas that haven't been closed down due to people leaving trash and starting prairie fires, but I haven't been on the public areas for almost 10 years. I'm sure someone will chime in.

Pawnee Sportsmans Center is out on the Grasslands, I believe they go out to 1000yds. I'm not sure of any shooting areas that haven't been closed down due to people leaving trash and starting prairie fires, but I haven't been on the public areas for almost 10 years. I'm sure someone will chime in.
definitely an option. although id like to be able to walk/drive to my target at 1k and put up some paper.
What about CRC in Byers, CO?
i have looked into that, just the waitlist and membership fees im not too excited about

I heard from a guy on the SH Facebook page that out west here we could just shoot as far as we wanted, whenever we wanted, wherever we wanted, including mag dumps into the sky because there’s so much open space and no one around. So, I say just go nuts in Elizabeth.

But seriously, you might reach out to Lou Smith at Theavidshooter.com. I’ve talked with him about the grasslands and dope truing days. Keep an eye on the classes that @lowlight is offering at Fort Morgan too. He keeps talking about more CO classes this summer and his facility is terrific for doping a rifle out to 1400 or more.

CRC= $100+ 150 initiation.
Seems pretty steep for a place you can just drive up to and shoot out past 1k, join competion clubs, and have access to half a dozen ranges.
YMMV.

Lead Valley Range is a thing.

No idea the facility or what they have.

I could show you a spot on a map you can shoot, but you gotta man up and hike steel out there.
No driving.

There are places you can drive to place steel or targets, though I dont know them all.

I took over the Fort Morgan range this year, so we are doing more classes out there

Pawnee is good, the range is decent and easy, just a bit out of the way

My schedule is a bit all over the place currently but otherwise if we are at the range I have no issue someone stopping by
Very cool! Is there somewhere that I could sign up for a class?
If we get enough people I would consider an open shoot day for locals, do like 4-hour block on a Sunday for guys to dope out with
That would be awesome! Would definitely show up for that

If we get enough people I would consider an open shoot day for locals, do like 4-hour block on a Sunday for guys to dope out with
I’m in for this 100%. I’d even come out to spot/help out. I just talked with another shooter about where to get her dope straightened out and suggested she reach out to you about a class. A drop in day would be terrific.

Damn.
Thats a nice offer.

No giant boxes of dildos required for entry fee?

I mean, I bet “someone” could make up a special gift pack for you Frank! 🤣
You know how amusement parks have a "You must be this tall to ride this ride" thing ?

Frank has a "You must be this short to shoot here" thing.
What is it now....54 inches or less ?

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
Our classes in FM are listed in the Training Section under SH Training Classes

I can make a post when I make this available, if I know we are going I will post an open call several days ahead of time

Reactions: Lucreau
Our classes in FM are listed in the Training Section under SH Training Classes

I can make a post when I make this available, if I know we are going I will post an open call several days ahead of time
Awesome I’ll look at that!

And that would be awesome, I’ll keep an eye for that as well. Very much appreciated!

I'm not sure if it's changed but we used to drive out to the grasslands and shoot out 1K+. We had a spot where a two track ran straight toward a hill for close to a mile. We would drive to the hill, set up our targets and move back at 100-yard increments out to as far as we needed. The only thing was you don't get many days out there without a lot of wind, usually just early in the morning. That was 10 years ago. I remember it being near Lamar if I can find it marked on an old map, I'll let you know.

Reactions: Lucreau