• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pay it Forward Thread

clark33

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2019
I'm not sure if this will gain any traction, ran it by lowlight and confirmed it was ok to give it a shot. But, I figured I'd start a thread where members could pass along gear they not longer use or out grew to new shooters, young shooters or shooters who are just on hard times when it comes to spending money. Basically shooters helping shooters. Things like old lens covers, support bags, bipods.... whatever. If you have something someone might be able to put to use and you don't wanna deal with trying to sell it post it here.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a for sale section, these are pay it forward items and shipping details need to be worked out between the members involved.

I'll start it off, I have a 25% Seekins Code I can give to someone who is looking to get a rifle, parts, whatever they may need to get going. I didn't see an expiration date but it is from 2019 so I'm not sure if its still valid, but I am fairly certain it will work for online orders.

PM if you could use this to get into your first competition or hunting rifle. First come first serve, all I ask is that some time down the road you help fellow shooter or hunter out.

(If this doesn't belong here let me know and I can start it in the correct sub forum, thanks)

I like the idea. Ill hop in -

I have a brand new Athlon Talos 20-80x80 spotting scope. I'd like it to go to a brand new shooter on a budget, or a broke ass college kid like myself. PM me if you know someone who would be a good fit.

if this hasn’t been spoken for I could really use that spotting scope! I’m not a “new shooter” but still trying to obtain all the proper equipment for long range shooting.

I have a set of Rcbs dies barely used for a 6.5 creedmoor I can pay it forward to anyway who needs them!

I love this!

I was looking for a second hand concentricity gauge late last year and tayler89 offered one up that he had spare free of charge. I was fortunate that an opportunity to pay it forward popped up a few weeks later, a new shooter was looking for a trigger that I had sitting in a drawer for a future build. Glad it went to a good home!

Have a 2-Die set of .223 Rem. Hornady Series I Custom Grades I’ll pass along if someone can use them. Some minor surface rust (hazards of reloading in a midwestern basement) on the bodies, but the die interiors are good to go. Just cleaned them. No shellholder included, but 2 decapping pins and an extra stem/retaining ring included.
9C0C0658-B789-4B21-9C30-AF29101EF70A.jpeg

67A5C795-05FF-47F4-A398-264D4B0B9B01.jpeg

Pay flat-rate shipping and it’s yours.

Have a 2-Die set of .223 Rem. Hornady Series I Custom Grades I’ll pass along if someone can use them. Some minor surface rust (hazards of reloading in a midwestern basement) on the bodies, but the die interiors are good to go. Just cleaned them. No shellholder included, but 2 decapping pins and an extra stem/retaining ring included.
View attachment 7270563
View attachment 7270564
Pay flat-rate shipping and it’s yours.
I can use those dies.

Reactions: 338dude
Also sorry everyone about not getting back to you all with what brass I have available been super busy with work and a newborn not alot of time to get out to the garage and go through it all.

Ken Farrel LA flat back Savage 0moa. Might have some other stuff, I'll have to dig a little.

If anyone still needs a set of .223 dies, the above member who claimed my offer never sent me any information or paid shipping after asking I hold it for him until payday...
Still available. Includes #16 Hornady shell holder now as well, just pay shipping.

EDIT: GONE.

Last edited:
If anyone still needs a set of .223 dies, the above member who claimed my offer never sent me any information or paid shipping after asking I hold it for him until payday...
Still available. Includes #16 Hornady shell holder now as well, just pay shipping.
Ill take them!

I have a Weaver Tactical 0MOA rail for a R700 SA if anyone needs it. Cover shipping and it's yours.

I've got a 20MOA EGW Savage Flat Back Long Action Scope rail if anyone wants an upgrade to an old Savage to get started long range.

I'm looking for old once fired 270 brass to make into 6.5-06 brass if anyone has some floating around.

I've got a 20MOA EGW Savage Flat Back Long Action Scope rail if anyone wants an upgrade to an old Savage to get started long range.

I'm looking for old once fired 270 brass to make into 6.5-06 brass if anyone has some floating around.
I just picked up a savage long action and the rail keeps going lose, that could be a big help! I will take it off your hands, any chance you can use some 6.5 cm brass?

I just picked up a savage long action and the rail keeps going lose, that could be a big help! I will take it off your hands, any chance you can use some 6.5 cm brass?
Sure thing! Just make sure your action has the flat back. Its the older ones before accutriggers.
I don't have a 6.5CM yet, but that's what my buddy bought to start shooting long range. Just getting him into this with me so some brass would be great. PM me your address and I'll ship it out.

This is off to a good start. Several months, perhaps years ago, someone started a thread, where a package of stuff that was good, but no longer needed was sent to a randomly selected person. That person took what was needed out, replaced the items with something no longer needed but of good quality and then sent it on to someone HE selected (selections were made ased on random criteria such as "Veterans" or whatever). I got that package, selected someone and sent it on, but never saw a continuance of the thread. I had put some nice stuff in the package, and it cost something like 20 bucks to ship. I received an aknowledgement andperhaps at least one notice that it went to another person, but nothing after that.
Did that thread and effort die an ignominious death, or did the packages get more and more worthless? Or reach a point where the person receiving never sent it on and just kept the entire package??

With shipping charges I can see that method soon becoming expensive. The one who wins there is the post office lol.

This is a great thread I have participated in one on another site unfortunately I have not accumulated many other items yet but I will search through my loading room and see what I can find

looks like my scope rail is still available. It’s a EGW 20Moa rail for the older style flat back long action savage.

For a new shooter who needs a quality rifle sling. I have a new, adjustable, Armageddon Gear sling with flush cup mounts. I changed stocks on one of my rifles and no longer need it. I was going to post it for sale but if there is a new shooter who will use it I am happy to pay it forward.
(Sling has been adopted into a new home.)

A3869271-6E30-451E-8D5D-D05D88447FE7.jpeg

Last edited:
That was really nice so I’ll put up two things.
Iwb/ owb Glock 19/23 holster

Attachments

• A0626B50-D4B2-4C66-BD49-AA87FA3B86DC.jpeg
    A0626B50-D4B2-4C66-BD49-AA87FA3B86DC.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 22