• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pay-Pal...The only method of payment / Rifles Only

Wheres-Waldo

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2008
Unknown
Is paypal the the only method of payment?
I'de rahter not open an account with Paypal if I dont have to.

Re: Pay-Pal...The only method of payment / Rifles Only

You CANNOT repeat CANNOT use PayPal for any items banned by Ebay.
That includes guns, ammo, clips, barrels, bullets and so on to include even toy guns.
If you do it and get caught (you will as they have 1000s of spies monitering all websites for PayPal transacations), they will ban you forever from ebay and paypal, impound your money for many months while they "investigate" ( and earn interest on it you will never get)
They'll cut your nuts off and stuff em' down your throat so don't even try! You have more rights with the IRS.
Go to the ebay website and check out banned items BUT beware the list is not inclusive as they are well known for making up the rules as they go along and you'll never win an argument. Remember they are in Pelosi's district!

We are not selling "Guns" or any form of banned items. We are selling a subscription to an internet forum which is, in fact part of the board software. It allow private participation in a discussion, nothing more.

However the software is very limited in its capabilities and Pay Pal is the only option. It automatically controls the access to the Online Training Forum working in conjunction with Pay Pal, seamlessly I might add.

So while I understand people have a personal problem with Pay Pal, that problem is secondary in my opinion to the proper function of this board.

ok, sounds good, just wanted to conferm my options.

also you dont have to have a paypal account to use paypal... just read all the options well you are checking out good.... all you need is a credit card

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also you dont have to have a paypal account to use paypal... just read all the options well you are checking out good.... all you need is a credit card </div></div>

Actually if we are talking about the way its setup for this site, because its passed as a subscription it forces you to create an account for the recurring charge.

That being said there is a way around it... However I believe Lisa / Beamer Girl mentioned in another thread that they may add an option to pay for the entire year up front vs a recurring charge, and if they do that then you could pay via CC without needing to create an account or workaround...

-pd

what ever happened to cash or money orders........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BadBot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what ever happened to cash or money orders........</div></div>

Cash and Money Orders aren't connected to the forum software to manage access...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also you dont have to have a paypal account to use paypal... just read all the options well you are checking out good.... all you need is a credit card </div></div>

Actually if we are talking about the way its setup for this site, because its passed as a subscription it forces you to create an account for the recurring charge.

That being said there is a way around it... However I believe Lisa / Beamer Girl mentioned in another thread that they may add an option to pay for the entire year up front vs a recurring charge, and if they do that then you could pay via CC without needing to create an account or workaround...

-pd</div></div>

I for one would be much happier, to phone her with my M/C number, and pay for the year. Can we make that happen?

Just ordered a TAB sling and I wasn't required to use a paypal account. It said I had a paypal account but also gave the option to pay by credit card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ptd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sno-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">also you dont have to have a paypal account to use paypal... just read all the options well you are checking out good.... all you need is a credit card </div></div>

-pd</div></div>

I for one would be much happier, to phone her with my M/C number, and pay for the year. Can we make that happen?
</div></div>

+1. I have an account but avoid paypal. I will pay for the training when there is a option besides paypal.

-dan

Rifles only does not just use PayPal! Yes, the shopping cart online is done through PayPal but you do not need to have an account set up to purchase. We also take Visa/MasterCard if you want to order over the phone and you can also send in a check or money order.
PayPal was a easy set up for us when we built the Rifles Only site. It will stay that way for a while because we have been too busy with other things.
If you are referring to the online training here on Sniper's Hide, as of now, it is the only way we can accept payment due to restrictions with the software. I don't know if Frank has plans to change that anytime soon. The cost of changing that is big $$$ and I don't think it is feasible at this point. We are trying to work on something to be able to pay with cc through Rifles Only for this online training to skip the "PayPal" issue so many have, but it is looking like it will cost more just do to the fact that everything is going to have to be manually done rather than it being done automatically with the site. Sniper's Hide and Rifles Only are just limited on that right now. Sorry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You CANNOT repeat CANNOT use PayPal for any items banned by Ebay.
That includes guns, ammo, clips, barrels, bullets and so on to include even toy guns.
If you do it and get caught (you will as they have 1000s of spies monitering all websites for PayPal transacations), they will ban you forever from ebay and paypal, impound your money for many months while they "investigate" ( and earn interest on it you will never get)
They'll cut your nuts off and stuff em' down your throat so don't even try! You have more rights with the IRS.
Go to the ebay website and check out banned items BUT beware the list is not inclusive as they are well known for making up the rules as they go along and you'll never win an argument. Remember they are in Pelosi's district! </div></div>

I just ordered a ton of shit with my paypal account. Lets see rifles, AR15 lowers, suppressors, Pmags, and lots of other evil gun items. All in all many thousands of dollars, and not one issue. Granted it was with my paypal debit/credit card, but no issues at all and I even got my cash back savings by using it. No problems with Paypay here.

BTW the online training is well worth the hassle of paypal!

It might work for their paypal debit/credit card but there are numerous instances of people using the online account for gun related purchases that have had their accounts shut down, been banned, and lost the $ currently in their account or had transactions messed up due to their issue with gun related items.

Some try to get around this by using "discrete" paypal and not mentioning what the payments are for, but all it takes is one wrong transaction and paypal will jump on ya. Many get away with it for awhile, but many have had issues, if they just canceled your account that's one thing, but messing with the funds in the account is another. It's one reason that I never leave any balance in my paypal account.

That said I completely understand the issue here, the software is set up to be automated to work with paypal, it's hands off for the admin. If they had to manually start doing subscriptions you can bet the price would have to go up dramatically to cover not only their time but software modifications. As long as paypal does not have a problem with subscriptions to a gun related forum, then I see no problem using it to make the payments for the training area.

Just because paypal is not gun friendly is not a reason to avoid it all together, the post office isn't gun friendly either, but I still mail stuff through them. If paypal is the only reason you aren't in the training area you are seriously missing out, it's more than worth the issues with paypal.

I REALLY cannot believe why any damned fool would ignore PayPal and Ebay's VERY CLEAR rules regarding gun related transactions. I buy and sell on Ebay a lot and use PayPal all the time. My sales on Ebay went up 40% when I got Paypal and that's more $ I can donate to ILA and NRA. Trying to "beat them" just leads to you getting your nuts cut off and the rest of us gettin yet more restrictions on our businesses.
It really pisses me off when asswipes' actions undermine one of the best basically unregulated free enterprise opportunities left to the "little guy." Let's not screw up the Internet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It really pisses me off when asswipes' actions undermine one of the best basically unregulated free enterprise opportunities left to the "little guy." Let's not screw up the Internet!</div></div>

It's so unregulated that you're making a fool of yourself by imploring people not to use the service because it would be "circumventing" the rules (not true). Yep, that's unregulated free enterprise.

They are nothing more than a monopoly and a rip off. We bought and sold long before they were around, and will do so long after they are gone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I REALLY cannot believe why any damned fool would ignore PayPal and Ebay's VERY CLEAR rules regarding gun related transactions. I buy and sell on Ebay a lot and use PayPal all the time. My sales on Ebay went up 40% when I got Paypal and that's more $ I can donate to ILA and NRA. Trying to "beat them" just leads to you getting your nuts cut off and the rest of us gettin yet more restrictions on our businesses.
It really pisses me off when asswipes' actions undermine one of the best basically unregulated free enterprise opportunities left to the "little guy." Let's not screw up the Internet! </div></div>

OMG you think paypal is free? where the F have you been? Paypal has taken a shitload of money from me for using their free service. I have been a member with Paypal since '01 and I am going to use my money how I see fit. I could have transfered the cash or withdrawn it at an ATM, but I wanted my cash back bonus.

Ebay's restrictions are harsher than Paypal's are. All Paypal want to see is that it is legal for the customer to own and they are ok with the purchases. They do have different TOS.

BTW I will be using my Paypal card very soon for the fun stuff.

The f-ing internet is what I was talking about.

QUOTE: the best basically unregulated free enterprise opportunities left to the "little guy." Let's not screw up the Internet! UNQUOTE

Read the post before running your mouth.

I'll never turn down a legal merchandising tool that increases my sales.