• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paypal -- Anyone have issues w/the site?

Masked

Smith Tactical
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2012
Connecticut
www.smith-tactical.com
So, as an IT, I use paypal almost exclusively...Just makes life easier...In general.

Over the past two weeks, I've been getting declined in regards to certain gun sites.

For example: SavageShooters, my paypal was rejected. (Which is fine, I don't own a savage anymore) but, it's also being denied for SH. I also had issues with CTGT...

It's interesting because I just put through a $4k/order in parts for a customer and then 2 minutes later, I'm emailed that the payment to SH has been declined. -- What the fuck?

Is it just me or are others of you having issues paying for the training/anything over SH?

The Pay Pal site is not working today...

It must be something new, I have not noted an increased number of declines via email ?

Each month there are some that are declined, I just chalk it up to being normal for them.

I looked into moving to McMillan's payment gateway but it was like applying for a mortgage and frankly I wasn't interested in the proctology exam to set it up. It was really overbearing.

Under PCI standards plus payment card laws, a true merchant account is regulated almost like a bank account, identity restrictions/requirements and all.

So, I attempted to buy some ammo using PP and was denied on Saturday, decided to give them a call.

They did some sort of reset recently and for some reason, I was apparently now a minor.

So my business transaction went through however, any transaction I attempted to make with a word related to "gun" was denied...And I was actually sent a parental "confirmation" which, of course got spammed and I never check my spam folder, so...

Anyway, I fixed that shit right up.

I'd suggest anyone with Paypal look over your account, check things out because besides the reset, things were kinda fucked up over there last week...