• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PAYPAL Gift Option As Payment,Wrong?? & Beware!

z-man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2006
Deep South
Just an observation guys, not making any judgements on my part. I have been seeing more and more of the payment to be Paypal Gift option, meaning they do not get their 2.9% vig out of the payment. I have only used the gift option before for one of the 24HR guys to donate to his kids special need class fundraiser. I even had a guy offer to me for some stuff using the gift option, I just declined and took the vig from my end.

Not that I am holier than thou type but they are providing a legitimate business service that costs them money to do, so buy using the gift option to purchase goods is that not stealing from them??

Also I checked into the gift option limitations from them as well, there are no refunds of any kind allowed and if you are scammed by a purchaser who wanted you to use paypal gift option do not call paypal for your money back or to freeze the transaction. They will not, as you violated their rules, all they will do potentially is freeze your account and the sellers for violating their policies but by then the money will surely have been taken from the scammers account. They will not investigate the scam or help you get your money back.

Just my 2 cents. Great site with lots of great info. Spence

Re: PAYPAL Gift Option As Payment,Wrong?? & Beware!

F#$% PAYPAL AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON!!!

I'm not going through all the same PayPal crap that has been hashed out numerous times here and elsewhere across the net, but plainly put...they are a HORRIBLE company with equally horrible policies and business practices! If you elect to conduct business with or via PayPal, you do so at your own risk!

Forewarned is forearmed!

PayPal belongs to eBay & all of the PayPal transactions I made payment to were gifted and I did pay the extra 3 or 4% on my end, not the receiver.......xray9

You're a fucking idiot....paypal in no way needs your magnanimous protection. The gift option takes the vig from the giver instead of charging the receiver.

If you honestly think that a company as parasitically predatory as paypal is going to let a single transaction take place for which they don't get paid, you are only slightly smarter than a table lamp.

paypalsucks.com That being said, I refuse to let egay and paypal touch any of my money. remember they are making money off you even if its sits in an account.

too bad gpal never too off. mooneybookers sucks too.

not much for alternatives other than good old USPS MO

I do not like them as they are anti gun SOBs do not get me wrong I try to never use them if I can, I am just saying to watch out as well if your transaction goes south on the gift option. Z

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I even had a guy offer to me for some stuff using the gift option, I just declined and took the vig from my end.

Not that I am holier than thou type but they are providing a legitimate business service that costs them money to do, so buy using the gift option to purchase goods is that not stealing from them??

</div></div>

34 posts in 5 years and most of those made this month?

I could go into detail explaining how people like you are helping corporations that hate your freedoms get a stranglehold over your earnings and hard work, but I'm not sure it would do any good as I'm wondering if you might actually work for Paypal in some capacity.

No I don't work for them. Only time I ever spent in CA was at MCRD San Diego and Pendleton. Been overseas about 1/2 of that time. Just getting back into to some non work related shooting for fun so been hitting the board again for some info. Had a buddy get burned with the Paypal gift thing for about $200. Sorry I even posted. Just passing on my opinion.

Be safe guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z-man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just an observation guys, not making any judgements on my part. I have been seeing more and more of the payment to be Paypal Gift option, meaning they do not get their 2.9% vig out of the payment. I have only used the gift option before for one of the 24HR guys to donate to his kids special need class fundraiser. I even had a guy offer to me for some stuff using the gift option, I just declined and took the vig from my end.

Also I checked into the gift option limitations from them as well, there are no refunds of any kind allowed and if you are scammed by a purchaser who wanted you to use paypal gift option do not call paypal for your money back or to freeze the transaction. They will not, as you violated their rules, all they will do potentially is freeze your account and the sellers for violating their policies but by then the money will surely have been taken from the scammers account. They will not investigate the scam or help you get your money back.

</div></div>

WITCH! Burn him/or just Ban him.....
wink.gif