• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Paypal woes...

Boondocker308

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2010
North Idaho
Since my wife doesn't want to hear about it, I'm hear to vent my frustration. First of all, I'm aware of paypal's refusal to deal much regarding anything firearms related. So when I posted several items on Gunbroker I did what lots of people do and specified that I'll accept a Postal money order or 'discreet paypal'. One of my buyers sends money for a DPMS upper receiver and flat out specifies in his description what the money is for and thats its from gunbroker. Today I get an email from paypal telling me that my account is locked/limited and that they're keeping my $80 for 180 days. Seriously?!?!? I suppose its ultimately my fault since I was aware of paypal's stance, but keeping my money for 180 days seems a little extreme. Paypal should save themselves the trouble and send me my money and close my account, cause thats whats going to happen in 6 montths. Rant over.

Re: Paypal woes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boondocker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since my wife doesn't want to hear about it, I'm <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">here</span></span> to vent my frustration. </div></div>

There ya go. Next time have them add the 3.5% fees and don't use paypal gift.

Putting aside their policy and the fact that you violated it, I'm not sure them holding your money for 18o days is legal.
Problem is, it's just $80, and who's going to sue over $80?

That same thing crossed my mind. I'm guessing my best course of action is to wait, get my money and then be done with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Putting aside their policy and the fact that you violated it, I'm not sure them holding your money for 18o days is legal.
Problem is, it's just $80, and who's going to sue over $80?</div></div>