• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PBB in 2024

PRSDietitian

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2023
Texas
Just out of curiosity, since I don't hear much about them anymore, good or bad. What is the general consensus on preferred barrel blanks in 2024? I know i read ALOT of threads 3-4 years ago criticizing them. Did they fix their stuff in recent years?

I’ve got one of their 22LR barrels on my comp RimX and it’s an absolute hammer for the price. I’m currently figuring out what I want them to spin up for me in regards to a centerfire barrel, but I know holtworks runs their stuff without any complaints and actually recommend I check them out.

Now I know a few years ago people definitely were dogging them for some reason, and while talking to them they mentioned people got hung up on their lack of hand lapping their barrels. I know their sister company is regarded as one of the top custom T/C barrel makers for many years.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
I’m curious about their carbon barrels. It appears that Kelbly is using them for their carbon barrels on their production rifles.

A friend of mine has had good luck with a few preferred barrels but I have shied away due to the poor reviews from years ago. Would like to be convinced they are GTG

I’ve got one of their 22LR barrels on my comp RimX and it’s an absolute hammer for the price. I’m currently figuring out what I want them to spin up for me in regards to a centerfire barrel, but I know holtworks runs their stuff without any complaints and actually recommend I check them out.

Now I know a few years ago people definitely were dogging them for some reason, and while talking to them they mentioned people got hung up on their lack of hand lapping their barrels. I know their sister company is regarded as one of the top custom T/C barrel makers for many years.
They lap barrels now but it’s extra

I’m curious about their carbon barrels. It appears that Kelbly is using them for their carbon barrels on their production rifles.

A friend of mine has had good luck with a few preferred barrels but I have shied away due to the poor reviews from years ago. Would like to be convinced they are GTG
I mean if Kelbly is comfortable using them for the carbon barrels on production rifle, that’s a pretty big vote of confidence since they are willing to put their name/reputation on PPB’s work

Correct, when I asked them about that they kinda went “it’s not necessary but it’s definitely cheaper then burning ammo and makes people feel better”
If a barrel maker says that then you should run!
There's a reason why every single reputable barrel manufacturer laps the bore, and it's not to make people feel better..