• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PC Tactical Rifle Name

Re: PC Tactical Rifle Name

My rifles are all either target rifles, hunters, or varminters. I have only one black rifle, it's a stock Savage MKII .22LR, only my hunters are camo, and that's all hunting style camo. Anyone who considers me to be a Sniper really doesn't know me very well. Got no quibbles with Snipers, I just ain't one, never was, probably wouldn't make a very good one if I tried.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NCTacticalShoote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than outward apperance, is there really a difference between a Varmit rifle and a tactical rifle?</div></div>

Sure there is....Price!!

And the fact that Mall Ninja's don't find it anywhere near as satisfying to show off a new Varmint Rifle, when they could call it a "Tactical".

wink.gif

Mine is now and always will be a "Varmint" Rifle. That's what Remington built it for. The difference between a "Varmint" and "Tactical" is really just what the target is at the time. Some Varmints are four legged, some stand on two and wave guns around.

My SPS-Varmint Rifle:
painted_2567_800.jpg

Or I could call it my SPS-V Tactical sooper dooper sniper rifle.

I have a variety of pc and very un-pc rifles. ARs bolt guns, pumps, lever actions varmint rifles, FALs and AKs. I enjoy shooting.

I dont recall calling rifles TACTACAL when I carrying this rifle as LE siper. Good thing. It was pretty reasonably prices when I got it in 1978. Just a plain old varment rifle.

P1010001_1.JPG

Kraif, if you threw on a ART 6X on that rifle its exactly like what I was issued in early 1980s. Same finish.

That ART 6X sure was a POS.

Biggets differences between sniper and varmint rifles

1. Sniper Rifles should be hardened with tougher scopes,mounts and floor metal

2. Sniper rifles should work under field conditions with little up keep for days at a time

3. Stocks. Sniper rifles should have stocks that dont change impact and will hold up to falls, when sniper steps on his own dink

4. Caliber Sniper rifles should use calibers that does not burn bbl out fast and has enough energy to smash through light barriers and still take out bad guys

Really, it's components. Things like steel trigger guards and heavier triggers (>2 pounds) are what sets them apart. That also changes price because of what many demand. Other than that, is a name thing:

Varmint
Tactical
Sharpshooter
Target
Precision Marksmanship

Etcetera.

Sniping is a verb not a non.

That rifle I posted a picture of is quite reliable. It bounced around in the back of my police car, winter & summer. LOL once on a guard drill for shitz and giggles I jumped with it.

Its got a Redfield 6X Redfied scope. In 30 Plus years it hasn't lost its zero.

So what if it aint painted and gimiced up, it worked. Now its retired to PD and Coyote shooting, still works.

In short, its a rifle, and like all rifles its defined by how its used not how its built.

SUBJECT: GSS 93: LEAS Counter sniper Rifles/Varmint Rifles

The Gunsmith program needs to show political correctness to help ensure it's survival and thus the 'Counter-Sniper Rifles'. Naturally, the civilian version is referred to as the 'Counter-Varmint' rifle.

A finer group a people you will never meet, much like the caliber of educators carousing here.