• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PCC set up questions

Roslyn

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Recently bought a JP GMR15, have a Holosun 510C to put on it, and once I get some practice behind me am intending to do local USPSA competitions. Which leads to: any advice on zero distance for that likely use? My dive into the rabbit hole on the web comes up with 15 and 25 yards as most typical. A review of endless youtube videos of matches suggests 15 yards might be most useful, but would appreciate any guidance on this. I can manage the hold overs and unders as necessary, but would prefer to set it once and train at that distance.

Reactions: stefan73
25 yards. (Max L. uses/teaches a 75 yard zero, which ends up being close to zero at 25 too.)

You end up having to hold a little high on close stuff and hoser targets, but after a couple of practice sessions it becomes second nature. Due to height-over-bore, you're going to print a little low close in no matter what and if you go with a 7/10/15 yard zero it becomes a total guessing game at anything 20+ (especially if trying to go fast or on tight partials further out).

Reactions: sawgunner2001
I zero'd at 25. I occasionally use my PCC as a substitute rifle for practice, so it gets shot out to 80+ yards regularly and works just fine. I haven't spent a lot of testing holdover under 10 yards, but it has always made holes were I expected it to in USPSA matches.

25 yds works good. just shoot it from contact distance to 50 yds and see where it hits so you know where to hold at various distances.