• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns PCC/Sub-Guns...show em

The mpx is on my list. Just currently not within the budget. After dental school it and the mp5 will be the first two sub gun purchases made. My Stribog should be in next week. I plan to form 1 it with Dan Hagas ACR adapter.

QUOTE="redneckbmxer24, post: 8511719, member: 4375"]
MPX-K that pretty much goes everywhere with me. It now wears a Geissele trigger and MRO mount.

[/QUOTE]
Nice Cobra too.

Straight blowback PCCs are for people who haven't discovered the joy of an MPX.

20191118_135246.jpg

Last edited:
I thought about waiting on the SP9A3 from grand power but there is no telling when it will get here. For the one i shot it wasn't that bad though it's the only Sub-gun i've shot. I'll probably sell mine to fund the SP9A3 just for roller delayed blowback if it comes out in time. If not it will probably be form 1d in the next three months.

Besides mod 3s the SP5 and MPX are on my short list post dental school. New stribog SP9A3 is roller delayed blowback i'm interested to see how it pans out.

Put this together for my wife to have on hand while I was working midnight shift. She isn’t comfortable enough with centerfire handguns, so this was a good option. Compact, stable, and 30+ rounds of 147gr Gold Dots.
D45619F7-F8F1-4D8F-A4A8-804012E92F97.jpeg

Looking forward to picking up a PSA MP5 clone when they’re released. Depending on how I like the MP5, I may send this down the road. I just don’t need two sub-guns, but I’ve always wanted an MP5.

MP5 is the GOAT of sub-guns. You could argue the MPX is right there with it but the basically recoiless function and nostalgia of it just makes it immaculate. My buddy has one of the clones he got SBRd with an original H&K trigger group. He has the obsidian 9 on it with the MI rail and it is gorgeous.

Reactions: Anb618
MP5 is the GOAT of sub-guns. You could argue the MPX is right there with it but the basically recoiless function and nostalgia of it just makes it immaculate. My buddy has one of the clones he got SBRd with an original H&K trigger group. He has the obsidian 9 on it with the MI rail and it is gorgeous.
I’d love to have a MP5 but the nice ones are out of my price range.
They shoot SOOOO nice.

They shoot SOOOO nice.

They do man. Thing is the SP5 was supposed to be what $1799? Demand has them at $2500~2700? I think you can still get a zenith clone for $1850.

You do know the Stribog came in runner up or a close second or whatever to the ASU selection of the BT APC Pro 9k? They had only good to say about it and a $500 weapon came damn close to upseating the $2000 BT.

I settled on a Kriss Super V. It wasn't my first choice, it wasn't even what I went there to get but it's what I left with. It's hard to recommend to others due to the ergonomics of the system ("getting used to it" doesn't really capture it...). It has some odd issues, like inability to sling one for instance and it has a metal lining but I still think a different selection of polymer would have been a good idea. Once you do get used to it though it kinda makes it hard to even imagine using another 9mm in the same capacity. The fucker is literally designed from asshole to appetite to tame recoil. Weight, Super V recoil system that directs recoil down instead of back, low barrel and shape of the weapon such you can really pull it into your shoulder make for easily the most solid, stable and compact weapon in this class that I've used. I bet they're a shit ton of fun on full auto (and they fire twice as fast as others). It doesn't really "kick" or have recoil, it's more like it vibrates? Odd but that's what it feels like to me. Was gonna SBR it until I ran across the Tailhook brace --it's actually so perfect I'd have Form 1'd it if I had to. No need to do that just for a k grip on one of these though since that's basically built into the front of the weapon.

It has a Trijicon RX01 on it now and I took the flash hider off and just use a Liberty Mystic X and direct thread that if I need to; takes an inch and a half off.
IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

But the sight on it above is a Mepro MOR and Tavor was designed for it (that's what the button cutout in the handguard is for). So I scored one for a good deal, not really expecting much. Got it in 9mm only because I wanted another host for the other 9mm can. Turns out it's one of the best rifles I've handled and my buddy likes it better than the M4, which is saying a lot. "Natural" is a good way to describe it. I like how the basic design also prevents chicken winging it when shouldering the rifle, a pet peeve of mine. The Geissele trigger bow and Timney trigger pack make the trigger pull better, but for the price what you really wind up with, if you can imagine it, is a cross between a stock Glock trigger and an SSA-E. Better than stock though and much faster. Honestly a solid single stage with a short pull and reset would have been more ideal IMO, or at least should be an option given the simplicity of swapping out trigger packs.

Same size as a collapsed 11.5" AR.
IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

I have a few AR lowers and now I have all these Colt SMG mags so I may as well put together one of those too. Swear I'm done with this 9mm shit though. I'll have enough I think and 5.56 and .300BLK are both better options in similar or same size packages.

Speaking of delayed roller blowback in the Stribog, Kriss is considering the same thing in their weapon. It'll allow the manufacture of a 5.56 (and other caliber) rifles using the Super V recoil system --I'll probably be very interested if they manage it.

But for the time I'm considering an X95 Tavor or a SAR7 Tavor in 7.62. It's too damn nice of a design for just one, you know?

It takes Glock Mags if you purchase a seperate lower for $425.00 I could be wrong but I have never seen a APC9 Pro or K for sale with anything other than the B&T mag. lower.

I can't get the damn thread protector off my stribog lol. Going to hit it with the strap wrench when i go home this weekend. It's tight AF. I want to cut it though don't like how far it sticks out of the handguard. ILWT makes some stribog barrels for $180 that are 6.5" threaded and 7.3" with a machined tri-lug.
1588726600338.jpeg

1588726598716.png

Attachments

• 1588726543973.png
    1588726543973.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 47
It takes Glock Mags if you purchase a seperate lower for $425.00 I could be wrong but I have never seen a APC9 Pro or K for sale with anything other than the B&T mag. lower.

I seen 'em on Gunbroker but they may be converted like you are saying. I can't see BT offering it with a competitors mags.

I also think it's fugly as shit with those mags. Unelss it offers something over the stock mags, besides "I already have a bunch", I'd go with the factory mags. And shit, for $425, you can invest that in mags instead and probably come out on top! With the Kriss, it was designed for those mags and works pretty well with 'em (just wish someone would come out with a quality high capacity 10mm mag because a Kriss in 10mm would be the titties).

Speaking of 10mm, I'd really like to see more of these come out in 10mm, models made without suppression in mind (short and effective blasters).

BTW, Magpul mags are what make the CZ shine in my opinion. Too bad they didn't include the wrench and info on those EVO3's when they came out or I'd have bought one.

this thread is making me salivate...

in NY even these pictures are illegal

MPX's are a bad ass looking weapon

for the AR frame guys

any reason you went with a pistol cal rather then the 223 if the packaging is the same, other than recoil?

They shoot SOOOO nice.

I've shot the MP5 full auto, semi, burst and FA.

I'd put the MPX right with it in terms of smooth function. Save up yer skittles and git an MPX. Its that good. :)

Don't have an SBR version, (that's 5.56) but I have a pistol version I just finished piecing together here during the plague while I was bored.

"The Plague Pistol"
qMV1NZw.jpg

Reactions: Sgt47 and geek65
for the AR frame guys

any reason you went with a pistol cal rather then the 223 if the packaging is the same, other than recoil?
Decided against a short barrel .223 to keep concussion and muzzle flash down to a mii in minimum. A “long barrel” (7”) 9mm is much more friendly indoors than a short barrel .223 in a state that won’t let me own a suppressor. Like I said above, I built it “for my wife” as a HD option. Based on her comfort alone, a Pistol-Caliber “pistol” seemed like a better option for her while still providing adequate HD capability.

Reactions: brianf
for the AR frame guys

Because I already have 223 ARs.
9mm is a lot cheaper to buy. Significantly easier/cheaper to reload

for the AR frame guys

Short unsuppressed 223 pistols are a lot louder. My Banshee only has a 5" barrel which wouldn't work with 223. We also like to shoot steel up close. For 556 and 545 I like rifles.

Reactions: brianf and 5RWill
for the AR frame guys

Honestly most blowback 9mm ARs recoil harder than their 5.56 counterparts. Without a can i would definitely want the 9 though. Also wouldn’t have to worry as much about over penetration.

I would absolutely dread having to shoot my 11.5” indoors. The thing is stupid loud as is.

Honestly most blowback 9mm ARs recoil harder than their 5.56 counterparts. Without a can i would definitely want the 9 though. Also wouldn’t have to worry as much about over penetration.

I would absolutely dread having to shoot my 11.5” indoors. The thing is stupid loud as is.
There was a recent thread on the recoil difference between 9mm and 5.56 AR’s. I’ll say the same thing here. I don’t think a 9mm has MORE recoil than 5.56, it’s just a different impulse. The spring moves at a different speed/different distance, and has a different feel.

...and yeah, my 11.5” is for outdoors only.

Reactions: 5RWill
There was a recent thread on the recoil difference between 9mm and 5.56 AR’s. I’ll say the same thing here. I don’t think a 9mm has MORE recoil than 5.56, it’s just a different impulse. The spring moves at a different speed/different distance, and has a different feel.

...and yeah, my 11.5” is for outdoors only.

Could be that an how many PCCs are shot without brakes/comps etc. Most ARs aren't rocking the bird cage anymore. My stribog and the one i shot of course didn't have anything one them so it was worse than my 11.5" Running a hammer comp on my 11.5" and it doesn't move. I imagine the impulse will jump up a bit once the turbo K is in. Though i'm thinking of putting a 9mm hammer comp on the stribog and grabbing a YHM R9 once it's out and also running plan A on the sub guns. If the R9 lives up to the hype.

Last edited:
I've shot the MP5 full auto, semi, burst and FA.

I'd put the MPX right with it in terms of smooth function. Save up yer skittles and git an MPX. Its that good. :)
Is the MPX so good that I should get over my desire to have a PCC that runs on Glock mags? I'm wanting to get something setup for my girlfriend & her pistol is a Glock 19 so that seemed like a logical route to take.

Is the MPX so good that I should get over my desire to have a PCC that runs on Glock mags? I'm wanting to get something setup for my girlfriend & her pistol is a Glock 19 so that seemed like a logical route to take.

Well...ya know what they say about opinions.... everybody's got one .... and mine smells no better. :)

But IMO, yes. The MPX is that good. :) It literally recoils a little more than a 22rf. It is that smooth.

I've shot just about everything else out there. Nothing else compares.

The Glock mags is a real pull tho....

Reactions: IronOperator87
Well...ya know what they say about opinions.... everybody's got one .... and mine smells no better. :)

But IMO, yes. The MPX is that good. :) It literally recoils a little more than a 22rf. It is that smooth.

I've shot just about everything else out there. Nothing else compares.

The Glock mags is a real pull tho....
Well shoot. I suppose the argument could be made that using 2 firearms with common mags between them is more of a theoretical advantage... I mean it's not like my primary & secondary firearms share magazine compatibility, haha!

Thanks for the info, man.

Reactions: GetReal