• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing PD hunt. 760 yard confirmed shot **GRAPHIC picts**

glock10mmman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2008
Andover Kansas
www.ar15armory.com
Had a hellova time last weekend on a dog hunt in western Kansas. 3 of us reaked havock for 2 days on a monster of a dog town.

I pulled off an incredible shot folks. 760 yards, 223 w/ 50 grain V-max. Had a 10-15 MPH right to left wind. I had my 64 minutes of angle on my scope pegged out and was at my last mildot holding over. Took me 4 shots to range it and 2 to get my windage down. 7th shot flipped this jack rabbit over backwards and plugged in down in a PD hole. I had two witness as well. Best shot comfirmed I have taken today.
gallery_256_112_113922.jpg

gallery_256_112_65140.jpg

Here is what a 110 grain V-max from my 6.8 does at 300 yards. I wont show all the picts as it was kinda gorry, but it is devastating on PD's. Keep in mind this was a huge PD before I took the shot.
gallery_256_112_48408.jpg

One of Pdog1517's kills around 500 yards
gallery_256_112_120965.jpg

Pdog1517 doing what he does best:
gallery_256_112_21266.jpg

Pdog1517 pulled off some shots that were amazing. I ranged about 5 that I can remember that were well over 850 yards. No one shot one kills here, took several shots to make contact. We were shooting off this old broken down RV across the town and thumping dogs at well over 700 yards and beyond. Once we got our range and windage whiped, it was an all out war on dogs.

Ive got a crap load more picts if anyones interested. Pdog1517 holds the world record I think with 6 Jack Rabbits with one shot. Dont really think you want to see that pict, but you get the idear.

Thanks again Pdog1517 for the amazing hunt. I will not forget it.

Re: PD hunt. 760 yard confirmed shot **GRAPHIC picts**

That's awesome. The thing that sucks about Ga. You can only see that far in a small plane....

64 moa plus 4 mils is about 80 moa total.

Something isn't too right with your erector, or range determination.

A 50gr VMax at (3200 fps?) should only need about 25 moa at 750 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">64 moa plus 4 mils is about 80 moa total.

Something isn't too right with your erector, or range determination.

A 50gr VMax at (3200 fps?) should only need about 25 moa at 750 yards. </div></div>

I thought I may have had the scope maxed, but maybe I didnt. I was holding 4 1/2 mils over though. Actually my 50's are being pushed at 3600 FPS so I was way off.

Nice shot. AT&T long distance.

My longest PD is a little over 700 yards in Wyoming. It was hard to find a spot where you could see PDs at longer ranges because of the rolling hills, but it was really a fun trip. I was using 80SMKs at 2,850fps, an excellent bullet for the job.