• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PDA for Cold Bore

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    I have a Dell Axim X30 on hand that I'd like to install CB on. Guess I'm not techie enough to figure out if it has all the minimum requirements.
    So will it work?
    Thanks.

I have a Dell Axim X30 on hand that I'd like to install CB on. Guess I'm not techie enough to figure out if it has all the minimum requirements.
    So will it work?
    Thanks.
    No. It needs to be a windows device not a windows mobile. Make sense? Think windows phone.

So will it work?
    Thanks.
    From my last email to Gus, the Windows Phone version that was available via the Windows Store (think Lumia type devices) is no longer available since the Store itself is defunct. The Windows Mobile version is still available.

What are the shipping specs on your Axim? If less than 128 MB of memory, it won't run well.

The following specifications should be considered as a guideline and are based on the least of operating requirements.

The Mobile edition is designed to operate on devices running Windows Mobile, usually Phones or PDAs.

Hardware specs ( minimum )

• -ARM-based processor (if different, please contact us).
    • -Display resolutions : QVGA (240 x 320), WQVGA (240 x 400), VGA (480 x 640), WVGA (480 x 800).
    • -Touch Screen device.
    • -624Mhz processor.
    • -128Mb of total device memory is highly recommended.
    • -55Mb of free program memory (during execution).
    • -35Mb of free storage memory (for program, databases and associated files).

Software specs ( minimum )

• -Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 2003 Second Edition
    • -Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.X
    • -Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 6.X

It's OS is windows mobile 2003 2nd edition. Between the ram & rom it's supposed to have 128mb of memory. I don't know anything about the rest of the specs. Is ARM based ?? No clue.
    Is 64mb ram + 64mb rom is that total memory? Also it currently has FFS III on it. Will that take up enough to make it not work?
    Thanks.

It's OS is windows mobile 2003 2nd edition. Between the ram & rom it's supposed to have 128mb of memory. I don't know anything about the rest of the specs. Is ARM based ?? No clue.
    Is 64mb ram + 64mb rom is that total memory? Also it currently has FFS III on it. Will that take up enough to make it not work?
    Thanks.
    Those are ARM, if it can run FFS it should be able to run CB. I can't answer your space question as it purely depends how much stuff you do or don't have installed or saved.

Reactions: LastShot300