• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PDA`S?

Re: PDA`S?

I have a Tungsten E2 as well. But I never use it anymore. Anything it did my Android or iPhone do as well or better.

Anyone want it?
grin.gif

Thanks for the replies.
I have an I3Gs. Looked at the Galaxy S II today. Any benefits going to the S II?

I too did away with my PDAs and went with a Smartphone. First it was the Blackberry, but have converted to the iPhone and will not look back. As someone who grew up around software development, you learn to follow the leader and iPhone is leading the way. The number of applications available for the iPhone is amazing. And few devices do multiple functions well, but the iPhone is very good at the important functions (phone, music, calendar, and contacts).

I gave up on PDAs years ago. Damn things kept breaking and CS wasn't there. I went through 3 of them back to back before I finally gave up. So it wasn't for the lack of trying.

iPhones work fine.

I like my I-Phone but it has several shortcomings like lost signal which means no weather updates for ballistic programs, no GPS, battery drain looking for signal.

Does anyone have input on a Pharos 565 Rugged PDA? I have been looking at these but not sure what ballistic program would be best to run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SigKev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I too did away with my PDAs and went with a Smartphone. First it was the Blackberry, but have converted to the iPhone and will not look back. As someone who grew up around software development, you learn to follow the leader and iPhone is leading the way. The number of applications available for the iPhone is amazing. And few devices do multiple functions well, but the iPhone is very good at the important functions (phone, music, calendar, and contacts). </div></div>

Actually the iPhone is losing market share every month to Android. More people are starting to figure out the Apple proprietary apps, music, chargers etc. can be a pain. I am not knocking the iPhone by any means but personally feel Android is the way to go. Just my two cents.

Yeah, Android is taking the market and iPhn is losing ground.

I sort of liked it when I first got JBM for it.. but to be honest, I don't need JBM in the range.

Damn monthly phn bill is expensive to carry this hardware around too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Nomad 900L W/FFS IV. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, Nomad 900L W/FFS IV. </div></div>

Soon to be +1

You could always pick up an iPod Touch. I don't care for my old 2nd Gen version, which seems like clunky sh** next to my Windows Phone. But I'll take the Touch over any old school PDA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrivera</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes,Nomad 900 L W/FFS IV. </div></div>

Soon to be +1 </div></div>

Nomad 900 L with patagonia ballistics-brilliiant

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ch'e</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nomad 900 L with patagonia ballistics-brilliiant

</div></div>

Agreed - good combo
smile.gif

I use the e2 as well but I have 6-8the of them from work.

I will soon replace them with shooter on my DROID.

i have a ipod touch with isnipe, FTE, BF-KAC, and a few others..
i have a HP IPAC with FFS3
i have a droid tablet with shooter..

i use the ipod the most...