• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pdog with issues

seven mm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2006
NE
Went out with a good friend on a quick one day trip and blasted a fair number of em. Here is one that caught a 105amax out of my 6br. Poor little guy...didn't even see it comin
laugh.gif

pdog.jpg

Re: Pdog with issues

My smith has an 8.5x11 of a pd shot with a .17 Remington. Shoulders up is flying in pieces but the legs and body are still standing upright. Too cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He really stuck his neck out on that one. </div></div>

lol good stuff

You sure that wasn't a V-max......That's blown to bits. Hell-of-a rapid expansion......Cool....SmokeRolls

It was an amax, that's all I ever shoot out of that rifle.

You should have seen what Scott's 162 amax's at 3175 were doing to them, talk about hang time. It was great. Should have snapped a few pics of those.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seven mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was an amax, that's all I ever shoot out of that rifle.

You should have seen what Scott's 162 amax's at 3175 were doing to them, talk about hang time. It was great. Should have snapped a few pics of those.</div></div>

how far was he shootin'? And with what cal? (7mm case I mean)

It's been my experience too that the A-max's expand pretty rapidly. This is a photo of a prairie dog I hit cold bore at 362 on a very windy day. It was a new load, under rushed conditions, so I just held center dog. Not quite the shot that the OP made, but just posting it to show what an A-max can do. I haven't chronographed this load, haven't had time, but it was with a 155 grain V-max (.308 caliber) from a .300 WSM using Varget. I suspect it's between 3400-3500 fps. Anyway, made a mess of the little guy.

04-27-09_1556.jpg

100_0797.jpg

We seem to have a similar strain of p-dogs here in Colorado! I keep wondering... what is the natural purpose of an exploding head? Kind of like a fainting goat?
100_0790.jpg

Bunnies seem to have the opposite characteristic of blowing off the other end. ~500 yds. with an 87 Vmax for both. ~300 for the p-dog. Nice shooting guys!