• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses PDW | Pistol Caliber Carbine | Braced Pistol Class dates

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    Hider's,

I know the idea of running a PDW | Sub-Gun is not the typical class found here on the hide, but its a relevant topic as a back up gun for duty use of a SWS. I am starting a new company that focuses on teaching these classes. My website is www.boyettesolutions.com I have four classes scheduled for 2019 in North Carolina. Here is the syllabus.

Range Location
    180 Woodland Rd, New Hill, NC 27562 https://goo.gl/maps/RtCS8sFiqg52
    Class Hours Start: 9am Complete: 3pm
    Dates: March 23rd 2019, April 20th 2019, October 5th 2019, November 2nd 2019

Course Overview
    The goal of this course is to educate the student in the application, use and performance of their Personal Defense Weapon “PDW” in a defensive context.
    Type of targeted firearm for this course: Pistol Caliber Carbine “PCC”, Pistol Caliber Short Barreled Rifle “PC-SBR”, Braced Pistol
    Calibers authorized for this course: 9mm, 40 SW, 45ACP

Topics Covered
    Admin load, unload, speed reload, tactical reload  Malfunctions, simple and complex  SAS sling shooting style  Fundamentals of Marksmanship  Zero - Point Blank Zero | Cone of fire  Positional Shooting | Standing | Kneeling | Prone, Supine Prone, Urban Prone

Required Equipment
    Range Fee $35 CASH Day of class
    Minimum of 600 rounds of serviceable ammunition
    Minimum 5 dummy “inert” rounds
    Minimum 4 magazines with mag pouches
    Single point sling with serviceable attachments to the PDW
    Eye protection, ear protection | adverse weather gear, Long pants, closed toe shoes, no low-cut shirts
    At least 1 gal of drinking water and snacks

Course Schedule
    Hour Subject
    1 Load – Reload - Malfunctions
    2 SAS Sling | Fundamentals of Marksmanship
    3 Zero - Point Blank Zero | Cone of fire
    4-6 Positional Shooting | Standing | Kneeling | Prone, Supine Prone, Urban Prone