• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Peace Symbol

OhioAstromech

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2007
Ohio
I was at the mall today and while waiting at the check out area a young girl showed up with a shirt covered in peace symbols.

I've seen B-52 peace symbols before but I got an idea.
Just like all those people when I was a kid that liked to wear anarchy symbols but didn't really know what they were wearing and what anarchy really is, I am sure there are people wearing peace symbols today that do not fully understand what it takes to truly have peace.

I believe that if you wish for peace you need to prepare for war.

Here is my version of the B-52 Peace Symbol.
peaceomb.jpg

Re: Peace Symbol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 50calcruiser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want that as a vector image or pdf for mass production let me know.

Chris </div></div>

Thanks for the offer.
I made it in AutoCAD and then exported it as a bmp.
If anyone wants me to see how much vinyl decals would cost let me know.
If I get enough interest I may do a run.

Thats bad ass... I may have to make a boot logo out of it for my system. Is that cool with you?

Less complex, por favor...

Vertical bar through circle. A triangle at the bottom, an inverted vee with the intersect at the same place as the Buff wing route juncture.

Inscript: "Peace thru superior firepower".

Done, and done.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Less complex, por favor...

Vertical bar through circle. A triangle at the bottom, an inverted vee with the intersect at the same place as the Buff wing route juncture.

Inscript: "Peace thru superior firepower".

Done, and done.

Greg </div></div>

Greg,

How's this?

peacever2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're going to do that one you need to add a few engine nacelles so there's no doubt as to what it is. </div></div>

I was going by Greg's description.
Do you think the diagnal lines are too thick for the nacelles?
I prefer the original design myself, that way you have the nacelles on one side with the correct wing outline.

I found a patch some years ago, which I mailed to a friend who is a retired B-52 pilot.

It showed a plan view of a B-52, and the legend said, "Something over 50 you can trust."

I like what you've rendered.

Four vertical rectangles imbedded in the leading edge to represent nacelles, and I'd also revert 'superior firepower' for readability.

Thinking about it, raising the triangle to show a little white below it might work better, too.

I do hereby relinquish all rights regarding intellectual property and place my contributuions to the design into the public domain. Enjoy.

Man, we gots us a plan...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the original Latin phrase as well. You make a run of the first one and I'll buy a few. </div></div>

For all of us?

Have I mentioned how opposed I am to socialized medicine?
grin.gif

I'll take the 2nd free one.......Just kidding.... I might be interested in one as long as it has engines on it.... I don't want it looking like a standard peace symbol since that came from emperor Niro if I am correct and you know what kind of sicko he was......SmokeRolls

I've added a poll to judge interest.
If there is enough I will check to see how much it costs to have them made.

First Choice:

peaceomb.jpg

Second Choice:

peacever3.jpg

Please make you choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the second one, but with the first one's wording?
wink.gif

Jack
</div></div>

Ya, that's what I was thinking also.

Would you guys rather have that one.
Give me a bit and I will draw it up in CAD.

Add some bombracks to the wings, and...

DING!
WINNAH!
I want.
NOW!

White die cut for the center back window of my truck.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Make slightly less than 11" wingtip to wingtip please.</span>
Just give me the total and where do I send the loot???!!!

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OhioAstromech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
peacever3.jpg

Version 3 </div></div>

If everyone can agree on this one I will see how much a run will cost.

are you doing the decals in house? if not, contact 700p300 and see what knid of a price he can get you. He just did a big batch of molon labe reticles for me, and I am very pleased.

Model?
I have it saved as a dwg but I can also save it in dwt and dfx formats.

Wow; I go out for a day and things reach a new plateau. Outstanding!

I'm with Jack, Im in, lets go. Where and when do you need the green?

TCA4570 / Glenn and I have been working out how much it will cost.
I will also check at shops around here.

Stay tuned.

Scot

Small question, but what good is this going to do if 99.99% of the population doesn't know Latin?

Would it be possible to get these with plain engrish?

i'd be in for one, big enough for my tailgate or truck window, pending price... I think the 11" would be ok for that application.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OhioAstromech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
peacever4.jpg

It didn't look right without the other 2 nacelles. </div></div>

That's the one right there.
Make sure it's a white decal though, lol. I realize a white decal could not be posted, as it would not be visible as a post. The old Polar Bear in a snowstorm gag. Just bringing up the point that you remind the decal shop to make it white.
wink.gif

Make it 11" wingtip to wingtip, die cut, white, and under $45.oo and I will insist on being the first order.

I still want external bombracks under the wings though.
grin.gif

450b52stratofortresscom.jpg

FYI : parabellum should be two words, not one.
para bellum

FYI : parabellum should be two words, not one.
para bellum

One space, counter-clockwise.

If we figure this out, we will have the first.

Heard they use carhart shirts.

Stencil
Scotchcal 220 or better. (White)

I wonder if there is a difference?

There is a 9mm Parabellum and it is one word.

What did you mean by one space counter-clockwise?

Give me another day to fix it and add the bomb racks to the wings.

Do they have OD or khaki T-Shirts?

Here is the final version:

(Note: Word spacing and under wing bomb racks.)

peacehatchedversion.jpg